Sponsored

These gauges are driving me crazy

azelmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP2 RC, 18 BMW 430i, 2022 C8 Z51 (on order)
2018 401A with digital dash. How the hell do I get the trip gauges back. I set up my mode but now I cannot figure out how to get the trips back. I searched the manual, haven't found anything though.

I like these up, as I keep track of mpg and stuff.

SOMEONE HELP....
Sponsored

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Hit the little gear button for settings on right side of steering wheel - first one will be trip meters or whatever it’s called.

OP
OP
azelmo

azelmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP2 RC, 18 BMW 430i, 2022 C8 Z51 (on order)
Hit the little gear button for settings on right side of steering wheel - first one will be trip meters or whatever it’s called.
Holy crap, thank you! I just saw the phone button to hang it up, didn't realize one button had two functions.

:frusty:

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
This seems to be confusing many people with the digital IC. For a week or two I thought the car didn't have a trip computer. But you can't keep the small gauges up and the trip computer without having to mess around in the settings menu.

For whatever reason Ford likes to add one or two too many clicks to do basic things and then sometimes throw in a modal dialog box with some puzzling message or warning.

cobrapatrol

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
1969 Triumph TR6, 2018 GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
This seems to be confusing many people with the digital IC. For a week or two I thought the car didn't have a trip computer. But you can't keep the small gauges up and the trip computer without having to mess around in the settings menu.

For whatever reason Ford likes to add one or two too many clicks to do basic things and then sometimes throw in a modal dialog box with some puzzling message or warning.
OK, so what settings? I'd like mine to have both or to be able to toggle directly between both without having to work through menus and OK buttons.

Sponsored

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
Man. If only Ford would put a book with the car when you buy it to sort these kinds of things out.
Someone should send a finely written letter to those guys!

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
OK, so what settings? I'd like mine to have both or to be able to toggle directly between both without having to work through menus and OK buttons.
I meant there is no way to toggle it unless going through settings. It is very counter-intuitive.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Man. If only Ford would put a book with the car when you buy it to sort these kinds of things out.
Someone should send a finely written letter to those guys!
It is there but the UX design of how this works this isn't the greatest. The better the design the less need for a manual.

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
I hate how you have to go to one button to get gauges to pop up and another for tripometer and tire pressure. You would think you'd just scroll left/right or up and down on the steering wheel and cycle through. My F150 is so much easier to navigate. Once you get it figured out on the stang, it's not bad, but it's not as intuitive as it should be.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
I hate how you have to go to one button to get gauges to pop up and another for tripometer and tire pressure. You would think you'd just scroll left/right or up and down on the steering wheel and cycle through. My F150 is so much easier to navigate. Once you get it figured out on the stang, it's not bad, but it's not as intuitive as it should be.
That would be too easy. Apparently, no one would want to monitor performance *and* fuel economy/trip information. At the same time anyway.

Sponsored

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
In a geeky way once you have understood how it works it's quite good, in a geeky way.
To many button presses. Up and down should just cycle through all the active display options.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
That's true. But in a way, a bit of unlogical stuff, once learned, can make you fonder of a car. (Or a Woman).
Women only like fiddling if you can't find the right button the first time :cool:
Sponsored