Sponsored

Resonated vs Non Resonated Video

tonio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
This is the first video I've made so I apologize for the novice presentation. The first clip is the resonated exhaust, second clip is with the resonators removed.. or should I say uncorked. This is the way it should've come.

If you want louder but retain the exhaust sound (and love all the pops and burbles) for $60ish dollars you cannot beat this mod.

[ame]
Sponsored

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
Hard to distinguish too much of a difference, but I'm sure on the move under load, the difference is noticeable. What size diameter is the pipe? 2.5"?

Also - the sound seems very true to what I hear in person. What camera did you use? And thanks for putting this up.

OP
OP

tonio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
yes 2.5, the inability to distinguish is probably a good thing because you certainly notice a difference on the road. It isn't a drastic change, more like the exhaust has been awaken. Where at times it felt like the resonators made the exhaust taper from mid to high RPMs before.. that doesn't happen any more and it sounds beastly.

No drone. No power difference or anything.. its all for sound and well worth it.

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
I'll probably be doing this soon. Sounds just a bit better uncorked.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
In this vid you can only tell one is raspy and one sounds clean. But without resonators its a little louder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
Thank you for posting! I want to do this so bad but I really don't want to cut the factory pipes. :(

OP
OP

tonio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I've driven it around a bit more.. its amazing. Put it in sport mode and it sounds like a monster going down the street. The shop I went to didn't want to do it because they felt I would be wasting my money, but I told them to do it anyway and I'm glad I did.

The exhaust before now was probably an 7.5 out of 10 for me. I didn't like how it sounded muzzled at times when I opened it up. It is a strong 9.5 now. The smile I have now is stronger than the smile I had when I first picked it up. The video doesn't convey it well, 3k to 8k rpms is where it sounds like it's tearing the road apart.

VoodooV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
The shop I went to didn't want to do it because they felt I would be wasting my money,

I hate it when exhaust shops/dealerships etc. tell us what their opinion on something is when you come in for a certain thing to be done.

"I want my oil changed"

"Well sir, by manufacturer standards you don't need it til..."

"Please STFU and change my oil"

:frusty:

OP
OP

tonio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I hate it when exhaust shops/dealerships etc. tell us what their opinion on something is when you come in for a certain thing to be done.

"I want my oil changed"

"Well sir, by manufacturer standards you don't need it til..."

"Please STFU and change my oil"

THAT pissed me off, cause it was up on the lift and he says "You're better off just buying an exhaust or replacing the mufflers, this isn't going to do anything."

I appreciate his concern but with his thinking that there are aftermarket choices, and my detailed request of what I wanted done, it is apparent I know what to expect and he didn't.

Afterwards the guy that did the work said he was surprised it made that much of a difference. I just paid, took the keys and left.

Sponsored

VoodooV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
THAT pissed me off, cause it was up on the lift and he says "You're better off just buying an exhaust or replacing the mufflers, this isn't going to do anything."

I appreciate his concern but with his thinking that there are aftermarket choices, and my detailed request of what I wanted done, it is apparent I know what to expect and he didn't.

Afterwards the guy that did the work said he was surprised it made that much of a difference. I just paid, took the keys and left.
Hahaha!

I did the same on my old E92 M3. I told him to open the mufflers and cut the inner pipes. Ended up being 250-300 in labor. One guy who was doing the work, just kept his mouth shut and was working away.

The manager was like "I don't see what this will honestly do. All you are doing is deleting pipes, why not chop em off and add tips for 50 bucks." Then went off on a tangent about how exhaust systems are made for back pressure etc. :doh:

Then threw in, "for this much work, you can just buy an E92 M3 muffler set up from Borla"

The M-tax had him blown away when he saw $1,400 for a set of mufflers. :crazy:

Then when we fired it up, he had this guilty look on his face after I showed him up.

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
YOLO! I'm doing this in the morning. Will post a video after it's done!

JimmyVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R - Black
Thanks for posting the video. This will be my first modification as well. It gives it a bit more attitude without changing the sound characteristics of the engine.

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 2016 GT350 TP DIB w/White Stripes
any pics of the work done underneath? I assume it's just a cut and replace with straight pipe?
Sponsored