Sponsored

Looking for feedback on R springs upgrade

TRAC WPN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY16 Gt350Track
Those who upgraded their gt350 with the R springs and swaybar can you chip in on long term feedback.

1. # miles since upgrade

2. Any issues over that time.

3. Is the upgrade noticeable both street and track.

4. Would you do it again.

Thank you
Sponsored

16GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I can give a partial reply.

I installed the rear R sway bar with the GT350 springs. I drove it for a coupe weeks before installing the FP springs. The car rotated in turns a bit more and overall I liked the difference. After installing the FP springs, I really enjoyed how well the car handles over stock. Have to say got an alignment and it improved the car too - was not delivered with proper alignment. People worry about FP springs being too low, but Iā€™m not scraping the spoiler any more than I did fully stock.

Very noticible on street and track. I understand the spring rates are similar to the R, ride on street is excellent. Improvement on track is amazing.

I would do it again and highly recommended.

Good luck with your upgrades!

Last edited:

Sponsored

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Did you not think the R springs offered a noticeable difference from stock ride? My main goal is to further reduce body roll without sacrificing grip.
They are better, but can be improved.

Which is why Iā€™ve been waiting for the aftermarket. I was going to go FP but for some reason they wonā€™t release spring rates so I wonā€™t waste my time.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
I can give a partial reply.

I installed the rear R sway bar with the GT350 springs. I drove it for a coupe weeks before installing the FP springs. The car rotated in turns a bit more and overall I liked the difference. After installing the FP springs, I really enjoyed how well the car handles over stock. Have to say got an alignment and it improved the car too - was not delivered with proper alignment. People worry about FP springs being too low, but Iā€™m not scraping the spoiler any more than I did fully stock.

Very noticible on street and track. I understand the spring rates are similar to the R, ride on street is excellent. Improvement on track is amazing.

I would do it again and highly recommended.

Good luck with your upgrades!
Same upgrades here as well, except that I did the FP springs first and then the R rear sway bar (including BMR camber bolts so I can get -2.8 camber up front). I agree 100% with the assessment above. The sway bar helped making the rear more ā€˜livelyā€™ and the car now is very tossable despite its not negligible weight :).

I would also do this again without thinking twice.
Sponsored