2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing is final till it's made public. It's possible that was one of many test cars Ford has for engine options. Not saying it's wrong just saying it's possible decisions were changed since 5 months ago.

Most things do point to a SC 5.2 being an engine or option is something. I wouldn't be amazed if they do a refreshed 5.3 for the GT350 and them do a SC 5.2 for the GT500.

Honestly I'm surprised they have not tried to add a level above the 500 and say like a GT750 or something. Or add a handling kit and call it the King Of Road package.
Yeah, that's not how OEMs do product development, though. Powertrain specs are frozen >2 years from J1, even for specialty/performance products like this.
Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Yeah, that's not how OEMs do product development, though. Powertrain specs are frozen >2 years from J1, even for specialty/performance products like this.
Being as the car isn't really expected until 2019/2020 that possibly is 2yrs.

Have we seen anything on the streets more recent than 5 months ago?

EDIT: Huh, mind fart, it's not 2016 anymore.

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Being as the car isn't really expected until 2019/2020 that possibly is 2yrs.

Have we seen anything on the streets more recent than 5 months ago?
Those types of decisions are made well before camo'd prototypes hit the streets :thumbsup:

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Those types of decisions are made well before camo'd prototypes hit the streets :thumbsup:
If I remember people had seen turbo Gt500 prototypes before the 2013's came out.

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
If I remember people had seen turbo Gt500 prototypes before the 2013's came out.

People they thought they did. They convinced themselves they could hear blow-off valves at the 'Ring. They also thought it would have CC brakes and an auto trans as well.

edit: to be fair there was a GT500 prototype at the 'Ring with CC front brake rotors.

Last edited:

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
People they thought they did. They convinced themselves they could hear blow-off valves at the 'Ring. They also thought it would have CC brakes and an auto trans as well.

edit: to be fair there was a GT500 prototype at the 'Ring with CC front brake rotors.
That's actually the car I was talking about, I assumed that maybe turned into a CobraJet engine.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Evaluating CC rotors and pads suited for them is WAY less expensive and difficult.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
That's actually the car I was talking about, I assumed that maybe turned into a CobraJet engine.
The Cobra Jet engine remained about the same until the Coyote engine came to be, when the CJ and SCJ switched over to that platform.

Evaluating CC rotors and pads suited for them is WAY less expensive and difficult.

Yes, I'm referencing the fact that the perception of un-knowledgeable(new word yay) people looking at spy shots use that to confirm their suspicions.

"I bet the new car will have CC brakes and twin turbos!" "Look!! spy shot with CC brakes...we were right about everything!!"

Extreme example but absolutely relevant to the '13 GT500 spy shots.

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Nobody that made the thread said KPH. Someone made a comment that it was.
Looks like the vid was by lethal?

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I ment on the you tube. I see your link and believe it. It did appear to be blazing fast. Still is fast...just not blazing, but thats expected on the street. The dig is where it had the most problem, as usual.
on my explorer there is a quick setting for KPH or MPH, easy to switch and sometimes I forget to put it back to MPH when I'm toggling thru settings, however, there is still the dial (anolog?) right there in MpH.

I'll like the way the digital dash looks. Looking forward to playing with it.
Sponsored