Coyote
TRANSMISSION
6sp of course
PACKAGES
401 XRL1
FACTORY OPTIONS
all proformance
HISTORY / COMMENTS
The car started out looking at a Jeep truck. The more I learned the further away my feet took me. Biggest thing that engine shut down at a stop light deal ......... yeah I know there is an override button, so what[IMG]

Mustangs, been watching for a while, got interested about 5 years ago. The design refinements took a serious turn for the better. Special ordered in Nov, Ford is the only American car manufacture that has a menu of performance specific packages, you can itemize and purchase.
Reactions: maddseason

Comments

IMG_2180.JPG
DSC_0038.JPG

Walk by the 2020 Mustangs, and a distant HELLO !!! can be heard. Auto art at its fineness

WELL DONE Ford

beautiful, i have the same PP2, ordered on Jan 3, and arrived 3/11. I love this car!!!
You have good taste my friend, think this year for the mustang GT is going to be a big winner for Ford & the lucky owners.

A week old, and 200 miles part upgrades have arrived. All three were ordered the morning of the day I picked up the car. Will not be going crazy changing the car. Just some refinements, nothing cosmetic will be changed or added.

Monday, Steeda jack rails arrived, installed them next day. Easy one good part from Steeda, fast delivery. I did use the factory fasteners removed to hang the rails. FWIW the bolts, factory and steeda are 3/8 torque for those is 25 ft lbs. blue loctite. Done without raising the car, it was that simple.

Next install and hopefully this weekend, a Roush part.

DSC_33.jpg

X pipe some things to know.
B4.jpg

Paper work said hour, reality 3. proly an hour if done once before. Me, 1 hour wrenching 2 hour familiarization course

Got lucky cause I notice the X pipe has a top side and bottom side, before the bolts right on happened.

5.5" rear cut is exact, space is tight, jocking the tail pipe into the rear of the X pipe. Not impossible just be prepared, for it to fight you some.

Use a torque wrench, makes a big difference in the way the clamps draw everything together.

Last: Advisable that it be done on a lift, I doubt this install is possible laying on ones back under the Mustang.

AFter.jpg

Installed a big gulp, soft tune temporarily on hold. Rush server getting its own soft tune, weekend maintenance.
IMG_0212.jpeg

IMG_0217.jpeg

IMG_0221.jpeg

Better then a 50 - 50 chance the engine cover is going to end up hanging on the wall. I like the look without it.

Below is a method I was going to use to modify the cover. Believe it simplifies the process and will afford a better fit/finish.

The instructions have a paper template. Trying to tape and locate a paper pattern to the cover. Not the best practice, showing an alternative to consider.

IMG_0219.jpeg

Putting the tape on the cover first. Positioning the top, and marking the cutout a better option.

IMG_0220.jpeg

Next up detail the car, I use black paint to detail. It is a very good way to hide ugly shiny things. Starting with the back, ugly mufflers and about 30 mins changes the look, what do you think?

IMG_0234.jpeg

After a cold air intake and soft tune. Dumping the dealer tag frame was in order. Found a very nice piece, Pony Parts metal, crisp lettering and logo.
Makes a statement perfectly ..........

IMG_0233.jpeg

Now to the front, same treatment, hiding clutter.

Beginning with a painful appearance
IMG_0214.jpeg

Better cleaner, where did the wiper fluid bottle go?
DSC_0092.jpg

IMG_0224.jpeg

IMG_0271 2.jpeg

Item information

Added by
Rapid Red
Views
Comments
Last update

More in Mustang GT

More from Rapid Red

Share this item