TRANSMISSION
C6/4Sp.
PACKAGES
Blood, sweat, tears, cash
HISTORY / COMMENTS
Like an idiot, I sold them...
Reactions: XS

Comments

The '72 had a bit of history during my ownership. It originally came stock with a 302ci engine, 2bbl carb, FMX transmission & 3.00::1 rear axil. Later, another 302ci engine (I found on the side of the road) modified by boring .030", a Crane Fireball camshaft, a Mallory dual point distributor, a Holley 650 vacuum secondaries 4bbl carb, an Edelbrock Torker intake manifold & modified heads: shaved .020" & exhaust valves from a Chevy 327ci, also some cheap Headman headers. The car had a top end speed of around 150 mph, with the stock rear end gears...
Later I found a 351ci during a junk yard venture. It was stock with a 4bbl carb, but had 2 bolt mains. I rebuilt it, having to punch the cylinders out .030". The induction system included a Holley 800 carb vacuum secondaries, re-jetted on top of an Edelbrock Torker manifold. I used an Accel dual point distributor, a Cam Dynamics camshaft, & Hooker headers. As I was considering the build, I came across an ad in the classifieds for a C6 transmission with a 5,600 rpm stall converter & a 9" rear with 4.56::1 gears that a former racer was selling. All of this ended up in the '72... This car hauled ass!
The '65, I bought from a judge's kid... It originally came stock with a 289ci engine & a 4 speed trans. During it's history, someone eventually put a C4 transmission in it, but when I bought it, the transmission was defective... I spent about a year looking for a manual transmission & associated parts, in order to put it back original. The floorboard on the driver's side was rotted out, so I found another floorboard to install. I cut out what was left of the rotten parts & for a bit of fun, drove the car without a floorboard... sorta like the Flintstone's car...
Anyway, life tends to throw different plans at us, & in my case, it caused me to sell both of these cars. But not to fret too bad, I bought myself an '83 GT 5.0 to quell the pain... I still have the '83 & it needs a good bit of restoration.

Item information

Added by
mindo389
Views
Comments
Last update

More in Other Mustang Models

Share this item