GT Performance Package
FACTORY OPTIONS
Spoiler Delete
MODS - WHEELS / TIRES / BRAKES
19" HRE Wheels, Silver
MODS - SUSPENSION / CHASSIS
Lowered 1"
MODS - EXTERIOR
Repainted car from Shadow Black to Porsche Olive. Designed new aluminium powder coated grille. Design rear aluminum "Mustang" logo based on 68 side badge. Designed new Pony side badges with horizontal Tri bar. Added chrome window surrounds. darkened rear lights. Painted rear decklid.
MODS - INTERIOR
Wrap around floor mattes, New shift knob
MODS - IN-CAR ELECTRONICS
Upgraded sound system with subwoofer and amplifiers
HISTORY / COMMENTS
I 'm trying to show off an elegant side of this kick-ass car. Enjoying the process.

Comments

Here is the car as it left the body shop. I then worked with a fabricator in LA to make the new Grill based on my mock up and new drawings. He finished in aluminum and I tested the fit before black powder coating.

Attachments

Here is Olive with the grille in black but without badging. I also got a sheet of black ABS plastic and covered the lower grille. I wanted a cleaner look to the front end - less lines. I drove her like this for months. I was often asked what kind of car it was. Some thought it was mysterious European sports car. "It's a Mustang, deal with it."

Attachments

I worked with a friend / graphic designer to reinterpret the 68 side badge script logo. Billet Badges made me two these rear "Mustang" logos. (it took them 18 weeks). They look clean. I have the second in case this gets damaged.

Attachments

I have to admit, designing and making these side badges were a pain. I'm not a 3D guy. I started with a photoshop mock up. I then hired a 3D artist to mock it up. I then worked another 3D sculpter who nailed the old school Pony. It was tough to convert it to a 3D printable file. Then I worked with two 3D printing places to get a good result. The badges were then sent out to be chromed. I painted them tonight. I think they are going to look boss. We will see.

Attachments

I like what you did with the mods. That grille goes great with the wheels.

It looks elegant and distinguished like an Aston Martin! Bravo!!

Item information

Added by
OLIVE18
Views
Comments
Last update

More in Mustang GT

Share this item