Sponsored

Hood vents confirmed for 2018 export Mustang

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
Here is a video where a Ford engineer confirms that hood vents will be on all mustangs, including exports. And it almost sounds like the tri bars may be working as well, not as clear though..

Great news for those who are getting one though. Imo that bonnet needs the vents to give it some personality. Would be very boring without.
Sponsored

dtdazza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT TY
A very good news for futures owners. I would love them good vents. You can see how hot the hood is after each drive, would be nice to have a vent for the heat to dissipate faster.

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Don't mind the clear tail light lenses on some colours - but if those new "C" shaped tail lights were red - look awesome.
Rear vallance looks tidier on the 2018. With quad exhaust I think the rear treatment is now as good, if not better.
So long as all spoilers and aerofoils remain a DELETE option.

The front and apparent wider stance is growing on me, especially in darker colours.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
And it almost sounds like the tri bars may be working as well, not as clear though..
They will work. He's basically explaining in a very difficult way that they redesigned the headlights so the projector is further away from the tribars to comply with all drl regulations worldwide. There will be a difference in light intensity compared to the US model though.

For the rear lights he talks about 'different lenses' which combined with the spotted wrapped export protptype makes me believe they will be clear again. That's unfortunate.

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Nice to see those two big style features will be included on the MY18 (assuming FordAU doesn't over ride and remove them). The bonnet vents in particular are needed as the flatter bonnet would be real boring with out them.

Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Triggered :frusty:

Ford really did a great job of looking after the early adopters

OP
OP
davidhes

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
Triggered :frusty:

Ford really did a great job of looking after the early adopters
Yeh :( unfortunate but not surprising. I'm still glad I've got the 15-17 s550. Even though it's becoming apparent the new one will have a lot of the features we all wanted. I just can't get over the look of the car, ours will always look better imo. But I'm happy for those with orders in, Tri bar and hood vents to go along with all the new features is pretty awesome.

Myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
:eyebulge:I couldn't stop looking at that guys hair!! :lol:

Looks like they gave the contract to Michelin.
Sponsored