Sponsored

$275,000 Lambo goes up in flames at gas station

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
This was a local news item from this past Tuesday, an unlucky Lambo owner was in the wrong place at the wrong time. A mini-van driver forgot to remove the gas pump from their vehicle and pulled the hose off the pump, spraying gasoline onto a $275,000 Lambo Huracan Performante. The Lambo driver had just parked his car and had gone inside the station and the hot engine ignited the gasoline. The mini-driver was identified, hope they have good insurance.....

The link below is a cell phone vid a bystander captured as the mini-van pulled off the hose from the pump and showers the Lambo with gas.

Lambo getting doused with gas

The resulting inferno.....

36745279_2435146919828865_8104747796021641216_n.jpg
Sponsored

cstewartj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost
Can't imagine the insurance company is going to be too happy!

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
I saw someone do this for the first time about two months ago, just pulled away and ripped the gas hose off. Luckily in this case, the hose cutoff worked and no gas really spilled, and no fire. Guy went back in the store with the hose all curled up in his arms saying "We got a problem here!". Kudos to him for his honesty! Sucks for the Lambo owner, did nothing wrong and lost his car!

cstewartj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost
I saw someone do this for the first time about two months ago, just pulled away and ripped the gas hose off. Luckily in this case, the hose cutoff worked and no gas really spilled, and no fire. Guy went back in the store with the hose all curled up in his arms saying "We got a problem here!". Kudos to him for his honesty! Sucks for the Lambo owner, did nothing wrong and lost his car!
Gotta admire the dude for coming back in with the hose, that's for sure.

Sponsored

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
I've actually done that. Was going into work on Saturday, stopped to fill up, and so excited that I was actually filling up and putting in $5, I forgot to hang the hose up and pulled away from the pump. The hose snapped off and the pump handle and about 8 feet of hose was hanging out of the filler neck on my GMC S-15. When I went back in, the gal behind the counter said not to worry about it. That it happens all the time!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I saw a guy in a VW jetta driving down the highway 60+ mph with the nozzle and hose hanging from the side of his car. I tried to get next to him to let him know, but traffic got in the way. Seemed very dangerous to me.

cvf-jason

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cvfab.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
Had a genius down here in Miami drive his Lambo into the back of a firefighter's truck and ran off recently. Also caught another one in a single-car accident who crashed into a barrier off of 95. Geniuses everywhere.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Had a genius down here in Miami drive his Lambo into the back of a firefighter's truck and ran off recently. Also caught another one in a single-car accident who crashed into a barrier off of 95. Geniuses everywhere.
South Florida is the moron driver capital of the United States. I’ve seen some stuff here that has made my mind spin.

Feel bad for the guy with the Lambo for sure. That is shitty.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I saw a guy in a VW jetta driving down the highway 60+ mph with the nozzle and hose hanging from the side of his car. I tried to get next to him to let him know, but traffic got in the way. Seemed very dangerous to me.
Embarrassed to say I was driving a big U-Haul across country in '71. At some stop I drove off with the nozzle in the filler. I wouldn't have known except my wife following behind in her MG saw it pop out as I pulled out. She told me at a later stop and that explained why the gas gauge still read full. The end of the nozzle must have broke off and jammed the float. We didn't remember where we had stopped and just drove on. I hope the next renter didn't run out of gas.
Sponsored