Sponsored

2018 order date

lockwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY2019 Bullitt, 2018 BMW M2, 2019 MX5 RFGT
So, has anyone heard any whispers as to when the order books should open for the Aussie version?
Sponsored

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
So, has anyone heard any whispers as to when the order books should open for the Aussie version?
I would think that official orders won't be taken until Q1 or Q2 next year. But you can put down deposit now, to get early delivery. Deposit, is usually refundable.

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Deposit, is usually refundable.
Always have them stipulate this on the contract. Saves any hassle down the track.

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
I placed a $1K deposit in Feb, and I was the 9th in line at my Dealer.

Deposit is noted in the contract as refundable up until the time I am provided with the final AU spec and pricing

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
I placed a $1K deposit in Feb, and I was the 9th in line at my Dealer.

Interesting, to hear from repeat buyers, into MY18s. Or MY18 buyers in general. On my "mustang repeat buyer's" thread, it looks like more are once only buyers, at this point. Small sample size, of course.

Sponsored

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting, to hear from repeat buyers, into MY18s. Or MY18 buyers in general. On my "mustang repeat buyer's" thread, it looks like more are once only buyers, at this point. Small sample size, of course.
All of our cars are under 3 years old, not a standard time to trade up especially when the only major revision won't hit until next year some time.

I dont plan on replacing mine till its ~4-5 years old (Its currently 3 months old) to whatever the major revision after the S650 is, by then it should be a nice trade up for a daily driver.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
All of our cars are under 3 years old, not a standard time to trade up especially when the only major revision won't hit until next year some time.

I dont plan on replacing mine till its ~4-5 years old (Its currently 3 months old) to whatever the major revision after the S650 is, by then it should be a nice trade up for a daily driver.
Thinking S650 as well. Though many people here, are thinking, they will never repeat, because they will keep current one forever. That's where the age demographic comes in a bit, i guess. Ford would love people to turn these over, every 3years or so. Like people/fleets used to do with Falcon's and now Ranger's. Don't think that's going to happen that much, with Mustang.

Stang_Life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hi all, I have been following this forum closely since I put down $1k deposit for the MY18 back in April. But now having second thoughts with the reduction in prices of MY17. Just can't decide yet :confused:

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Hi all, I have been following this forum closely since I put down $1k deposit for the MY18 back in April. But now having second thoughts with the reduction in prices of MY17. Just can't decide yet :confused:
I have been very critical (no news) of this heavy discounting and some people have suggested to just accept it. But i will repeat, that heavy discounting, is bad business practice. It anger's existing buyers and creates distrusting/confused future buyers. Look, MY16/17 prices could bounce back a bit when supply runs out, waiting for the more expensive MY18????? Unless you must have MY18, straight away, wait till inevitable discounts are available again.

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Pros and cons are very clear, you just need to weight them up in your mind and what is important to you.
If you are an enthusiast you will want to spend around 5k to 10K on the 2017 on things like better sounding muffler, better handling, a bit more performance and a few other touches, in fact 5K is very conservative come this weekend with new wheels and tyres I've spent over 12K.

Now a lot of these matters have been improved with the 2018 model, sound, enhanced performance and maybe handling, so in that regard the 2018 may be a good buy. You just have to be able to live with the very average looking Lexus front end. I personally couldn't live with it, but I'm sure others will love it.

Sponsored

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 Ruby Red Magneride/Recaro Seats
Just got a call from my Ford dealer - Bremer Ford .
He has been given an options list from Ford for the 2018 .
Options include Rear wing, Recarro seats , Suspension kit (Magnaride) and five spoke wheels.
He is e-mailing me further details but doesn't have prices yet.
He has been told that he needs orders confirmed by the 17th of December.
When I get more info I'll add it here
Bob

dddd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR6T
Options include Rear wing, Recarro seats , Suspension kit (Magnaride) and five spoke wheels.
Bob
This is pretty much what I was expecting but with the added bonus of being able to get the Recarro seats as well
The five spoke forged wheels look interesting, my guess is around $1700 au
Note we still don't get the option of a higher spec trim level like the UK

Azairious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 SSZ Ute (current), 2017 Race Red GT (Current)
Bob
did they specify the magnaride? beccause i got yet another email for the extra's for my 17 today, including "sports suspension" which is just the lowering springs. the wheels sound interesting though.

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 Ruby Red Magneride/Recaro Seats
The salesman wasn't real sharp. When he said uprated suspension I asked him if it was Magnaride and he said yes.
When I asked him what was the standard spec he basically said whatever was standard GT in US . The other thing he said was July 2018 delivery.
Going by what has happened previously I am taking everything with a grain of salt.
What is certain is that he has sent me pics of the Recarros , a rear end shot of the spoiler and a pic of the optional rims.
He assures me that he will have costs and more info soon.
I plan to go the dealership Saturday and try to confirm what is really going to happen.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I plan to go the dealership Saturday and try to confirm what is really going to happen.
Speaking from experience, this will likely be a waste of time.

The brainstorming on this forum was by far the most accurate source of information when I was going through the process.
Sponsored