Steeda G Trac 2 point brace install

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have issues? I popped the tabs out in tbe frame but still can't get the little cylender things in (bolt supports). Any tips? I tried to bend the lip down on the hole.
Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Keep chiseling-away at the weld slag. A good deal still remains following popping the tabs out; I used a sturdy flathead driver and a hammer to chip the bits away. I also shaved the cylinder spacer about 1-2mm on the driver’s side due to an irregularity in my factory K-member.

OP
OP
gameovergt

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Keep chiseling-away at the weld slag. A good deal still remains following popping the tabs out; I used a sturdy flathead driver and a hammer to chip the bits away. I also shaved the cylinder spacer about 1-2mm on the driver’s side due to an irregularity in my factory K-member.
Thanks. I filed it & used flathead screwdriver. Still no go. Ugg!

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
I had a few challenges installing this piece too...

I managed to break off the guide wires on both of the sleeves trying to get them positioned which doubled my pleasure. One sleeve I had to turn on its side and push it over the slag or burr, it would not clear upright. Getting it upright inside the frame was fun but eventually I got it. I got one end of the sleeve close to the edge of the bolt hole and inserted a long stout phillips head screwdriver into it. From there I was able to pry it upright and center it. I remember thinking this will be a piece o' cake to install, 2 bolts. Ha!

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
We were able to do it. Not as easy as described. we use a hooked tool similar to adjusting drum brakes that helped bend it down so we could slip the cylinder reinforcement in.

Keep working it! Good luck!

CVCashmere

Sponsored

OP
OP
gameovergt

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had a few challenges installing this piece too...

I managed to break off the guide wires on both of the sleeves trying to get them positioned which doubled my pleasure. One sleeve I had to turn on its side and push it over the slag or burr, it would not clear upright. Getting it upright inside the frame was fun but eventually I got it. I got one end of the sleeve close to the edge of the bolt hole and inserted a long stout phillips head screwdriver into it. From there I was able to pry it upright and center it. I remember thinking this will be a piece o' cake to install, 2 bolts. Ha!
my wifes making fun of me because I said it would only take 30 minutes. I gave up for the day. Will try again tomorrow.

OP
OP
gameovergt

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
New problem. Didn't get the cylinders in yet but.... did a test fit and it takes all 4 spacers on drivers side to make brace clear the drivers side header (barely). Once I get it on the brace won't be parallel. Is this normal/safe? I have TSP headers.

Last edited:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I always just use a big screwdriver/prybar thing I have to bend down the edges of the hole the spacer is supposed to center over. Just takes a little and the spacer slides right in for the most part. Once you tighten the bolt, an imperfections I created in doing so will be smooshed and irrelevant. No sense in babying this, IMHO.

You should use the same amount of spacers on each side.

OP
OP
gameovergt

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I always just use a big screwdriver/prybar thing I have to bend down the edges of the hole the spacer is supposed to center over. Just takes a little and the spacer slides right in for the most part. Once you tighten the bolt, an imperfections I created in doing so will be smooshed and irrelevant. No sense in babying this, IMHO.

You should use the same amount of spacers on each side.
I was thinking that on the spacers. No way it will clear on drivers side. Ugggggg!

Sponsored
OP
OP
gameovergt

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you contact [MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION] I'm sure they can help with a solution.
I pm'd TJ. Think I'm sending brace back to AM.

Last edited:

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
If you don't have a PP car or installed the strut tower/firewall braces I'd keep it. Additional support up front helps when taking bends at speed. I wouldn't be surprised if Steeda sent you additional spacers gratis. I doubt their would be any ill effects using it with a slight tilt short term. Git 'er done!

OP
OP
gameovergt

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you don't have a PP car or installed the strut tower/firewall braces I'd keep it. Additional support up front helps when taking bends at speed. I wouldn't be surprised if Steeda sent you additional spacers gratis. I doubt their would be any ill effects using it with a slight tilt short term. Git 'er done!
I want to install it, just don't want it to be wonky! Lol.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I want to install it, just don't want it to be wonky! Lol.
Send me your contact info and i will send additional spacers and answer any Tech info you may have.

Merry Christmas

Steeda Tech

OP
OP
gameovergt

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Send me your contact info and i will send additional spacers and answer any Tech info you may have.

Merry Christmas

Steeda Tech
Thanks so much. Love STEEDA. PM sent.
Sponsored