Sponsored

2018 GT TP 6spd vs 2018 Kia Stinger GT

Spartacus644

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium Track Package
Hey everyone! I traded in my almost 400 whp Mitsubishi Evolution and bought a 6spd 2018 GT Premium with the track pack back in March. Yes I know the autos are faster but what can I say, im a purist and prefer a manual. Anyways, a good friend of mine purchased the new AWD twin turbo V6 Kia Stinger this past weekend and the first thing he did was start telling me that its faster and has lower ET,s than the mustang GT. Not knowing anything about the Stinger I told him it was about time he bought a fast car and congratulated him. Then I did some homework. searching the web I found that the head to head match against the Mustang GT was with the 15-17, not the 18. I dont think he realized there is a difference. Reports show that the Stinger can do a 12.80 @115mph. has anyone had a chance to line up with one? me being a manual and him in an auto i thing it'd be a tough run stock for stock but I think the mustang would have a higher trap speed and I think id pull him from a roll. Thoughts?
Sponsored

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
1) Published stories by no means tell the whole story. All numbers will vary car to car, driver to driver (especially a manual transmission), in different temps or elevations, etc...
2) I own both a GT (a 2016) and a GT2 (RWD).. Certain times I’d swear the Stinger is way faster. Other times I’d be wishing for my V8. From a stop the stinger is fast, but second gear is noticeably faster and will easily pin you in your seat and into third gear. I live at pretty high elevation so the turbo vs my NA V8 might feel different here than down in Texas by you.
3) With him rockin’ AWD, launch control, and Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tires it’d be tight. And lord help you if he gets a tune. There are stingers on YouTube posting tunes with mid 400s wheel horsepower.
C4C6A5E1-2AE7-42D1-82B5-0D9CA51B45C1.jpeg

OP
OP

Spartacus644

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea we are only a couple hours from Mexico down here. Its HOT almost all the time. I asked him if he would be getting a tune and he doesnt want to mess with his warranty. I have had a lot of turbo cars over the years and know that boost is (relatively) cheap horsepower. My Evo was great and was awesome from a dig. and just like you said, sometimes i feel like my evo was much faster. Im sure he'd smoke me with a tune. Im sure the air is much denser up where youre at. I came from the import game and this is my second muscle car and my first mustang.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
From a roll I'd put money on the stang. From a dig, driver will make a huge difference. With a good driver, still the stang.

OP
OP

Spartacus644

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From a roll I'd put money on the stang. From a dig, driver will make a huge difference. With a good driver, still the stang.
HP/weight is def in favor of the stang

Sponsored

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not seeing a direct comparison to any version of the 2018 Mustang GT based on this. I am shocked the car only weighs 4,004 lbs but it is heavier than a Mustang and has 100hp less, AWD gives it the advantage off the line but after that... :shrug:

Would any of you seriously be worried if you pulled up next to one? The Stinger has a lot to make up for just to run with a stock 18.

Nice car though, it's nice to see S. Korea stepping it up.

https://www.caranddriver.com/kia/stinger

Zero to 60 mph: 4.4 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 10.6 sec
Zero to 140 mph: 22.4 sec
Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 5.0 sec
Top gear, 30-50 mph: 2.5 sec
Top gear, 50-70 mph: 3.2 sec
Standing ÂĽ-mile: 12.9 sec @ 111 mph
Top speed (gov ltd, mfr's claim): 167 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 156 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.93 g

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
There is already a thread in this section about the mustang and stinger that just won't die. Do we really need another one??

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I did not realize they were AWD... Is there just a RWD option... Too lazy to google.

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
I did not realize they were AWD... Is there just a RWD option... Too lazy to google.
Off topic, I love the picture of the engine, looks fantastic! :thumbsup:

Sponsored

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
A dealer in Myrtle Beach has a tuned one for sale, they let me drive it for a few hours. It was not the awd. Tuned it is seriously fast. They are having issues with tuned Stingers killing coils and plugs. From a dig they rock, from a 5 roll it had some lag. I ended up with an 18 Mustang GT, but I gave the Stinger serious consideration.

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Haven’t even seen one on the road. Looks like a cool daily

Baylorguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP, 401A, 10 speed auto
Hey everyone! I traded in my almost 400 whp Mitsubishi Evolution and bought a 6spd 2018 GT Premium with the track pack back in March. Yes I know the autos are faster but what can I say, im a purist and prefer a manual. Anyways, a good friend of mine purchased the new AWD twin turbo V6 Kia Stinger this past weekend and the first thing he did was start telling me that its faster and has lower ET,s than the mustang GT. Not knowing anything about the Stinger I told him it was about time he bought a fast car and congratulated him. Then I did some homework. searching the web I found that the head to head match against the Mustang GT was with the 15-17, not the 18. I dont think he realized there is a difference. Reports show that the Stinger can do a 12.80 @115mph. has anyone had a chance to line up with one? me being a manual and him in an auto i thing it'd be a tough run stock for stock but I think the mustang would have a higher trap speed and I think id pull him from a roll. Thoughts?
There is no way s stock stinger can get even close to a 115 mph trap stock. What is your source?
Sponsored