Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
Sponsored

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Hey now.. the Earth IS round... but there IS intelligent life somewhere else in this HUGE universe. To think we are the ONLY semi-intelligent beings is ludicrous. :ninja: :):gossip:

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
...but there IS intelligent life somewhere else in this HUGE universe. To think we are the ONLY semi-intelligent beings is ludicrous. :ninja: :):gossip:

I don't think it's been firmly established that there are even intelligent beings on this planet. :lol:

Sponsored

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
In the matrix, EVERYBODY is correct, even yellowragtop.

Regardless of your convictions YRT, I'm not saying that you are wrong but what difference does it make if the Earth is round or flat? There are so many ideas out there regarding what is the real truth; flat Earth, hollow Earth, hollow moon, bases on the moon, the moon being a created vehicle and not a natural satellite, extraterrestrials living on Earth, parallel universes, other dimensions, time not being linear or constant, warping time and space.

With all of these other great mysteries to investigate, flat Earth seems like the least important to me.

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
You are right, The flat earth movement does qualify as a conspiracy theory. I am trying to see if anyone will discuss it in a manner that is not argumentative.
But Dude I like to argue . Just ask me wife . She is in California . Have you seen her lately ?
Me neither ...

And as always I do Get IT ....WISDOM ......................some days IT just ain't worth the effort and some days IT is .......................

Polyalphaolefins .....PAO 's..........................run full Synth high flash points and you'll be Boosting ...............................:cheers:

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
...time not being linear or constant, warping time and space..

How gravity affects the flow of time is actually a very interesting topic. If I had the chance to chat with Neil Degrasse Tyson that'd be one of the subjects I'd bring up.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
How gravity affects the flow of time is actually a very interesting topic. If I had the chance to chat with Neil Degrasse Tyson that'd be one of the subjects I'd bring up.
Didn't he cover this subject in his Cosmos series? I know I saw a show about it...can't remember if it was him.

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Didn't he cover this subject in his Cosmos series? I know I saw a show about it...can't remember if it was him.

For sure he did and it was originally a confirmed theory thanks to Gravity Probe B launched back in 2004 which demonstrated the passage of time on Earth is slightly slower than that in outer space.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_Probe_B

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Yea I found it fascinating that the GPS satellites chronometers were off and they figured it was because of the effect of gravity.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
If you've watched Interstellar there is a lot of legitimate science that went into the production. There is a video on youtube with commentary from NDT that is pretty fun, was meant to be "Everything Wrong with Interstellar" but a lot of it was "right".

Approaching a gravity well as massive as say a black hole can slow time so much that you will age at a significantly different rate than people back home. Similarly, if you could build a spacecraft that can approach the speed of light the relative mass of that craft can actually increase and create its own gravity well(bubble) that will also alter the flow of time. That last one is a bit harder to test though.

OP
OP

yellowragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 mustang conv
I am not intimidated by any of you at all. The videos from the ISS have issues because the lens they use is called a Fish eye lens. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisheye_lens

When someone sends a balloon to space with a camera, and then they retrieve the video, their video looks nothing like the ISS video because it uses a normal lens.

None of "You' can possibly cause me to modify my thoughts and your actions only show how much time and energy you wasted if you tried to mind-control me into forcing me to believe something that I don't.

No one who responded even sounded educated. The pilot who responded, tried to act Special for being a pilot, but he forgets that John Denver, Harrison Ford, Christopher Reeve and JFK JR also were pilots.

You are more than welcome to post memes, and get upset and try to say I am no longer allowed to use the internet and that I am required to go to a doctor only because I decided to ask a couple of questions which still no one here answered, which does make sense since none of you work at Nasa. And no one here is qualified to work at Nasa, and no one here probably has any kind of engineering degree either. (Right?) Anyone here even finish college out of curiosity? And you got something other than a beer drinking degree bachelor of farts degree? anyone?

This thread is not only meant to answer a couple of questions about earth but it also answers a long list of questions about how the world reacts when someone decides not to comply with the no-questions allowed policy we seem to have.

Only someone extremely open minded and extremely confident would have even opened a thread like this online. You can post 1000 responses but I will always have my own beliefs and if you want to respond with insults and photos of tin foil, that is your business and that is a specific reference to your own personality. (People do have different personalities and also different abilities).

The ability to fend off random people online who try to pretend to be authority figures.

Random people pretending to be the authority on world knowledge.

Let the responses begin and please be upset that I still plan to investigate to find more proof that the world is a globe but WITHOUT using any information from Nasa.

Nasa can't put a camera on the moon with live feed of the earth ?

If they can't do that, then I don't think they are even worth mentioning anymore. That's how I feel about Nasa. That's how I feel without first discussing it with random people online. If there is no camera mounted on the moon, to show the earth with live feed, for everyone to watch, then you pretty much can say their videos they have of mars probably is just a camera and a rover they placed in Arizona. That's my opinion about that (without asking anyone here to validate my opinion).

Thanks for reading this and I know certain people here cannot wait to write some kind of snarky response to (feel important) for 5 minutes.

Have a nice holiday guys and I do not judge you at all if you think earth is a spherical shape. I respect your beliefs and it would be nice if you could show proof without using any information from Nasa.

Peace out