Sponsored

Auto Transmission metal clanking sound

Jlfierros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
To everyone reading this thread and suffering the same issue that i have with my Mustang. I just received information from the service techinician who is working on my car, that FORD is going to be Installing a NEW UPDATED VALVE BODY for my 2015 V6 Automatic. The good news is that FORD is finally acknowledging that there is a problem; the bad news is that the New Valve Body wont be available until mid January.

I have a feeling that Ford will be creating A TSB in the next couple of weeks.

I hope this help everyone
Sponsored

Jlfierros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Part # FL3Z-7A100G

Part Name : Control Asy-Transm

Merchandiser Remarks :
CAUSAL DESCRIPTN1:XL LATE ENGINEERING CHANGE
CAUSAL DESCRIPTN2:WU PROCESS DELAY

jwillis1204

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Thx for the info.

Here's my 16' clanking (P -> R, R -> P). It's pretty constant now (@1.3k miles)
Thanks for recording that, saves me from having to do it...

The dealer I bought the car from "doesn't have loaners", even if they had to keep the car for weeks waiting for replacement parts, so I haven't attempted to get the clunk looked at yet. Utterly asinine. I'm now occasionally hearing the clunk when taking off from a stop, too.

Jlfierros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thanks Guio for the video

I made one my self a while back,it's crazy that the noise is the same as in my car. I was thinking that only the 6 cylinders have that issue but I guess not.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
So, who has gotten their car fixed and what was the fix? My EB auto does the loud clunk that you can actually feel in the floor, etc when shifting between park, rev and drive. Seems worse when the car is warmed up after being driven. But it is definitely getting worse and more often. I think the EB has the same trans as the GT which is different than the V6.

Sponsored

jwillis1204

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I had my car at a dealer before Christmas--naturally, the noise was "normal" and nothing to worry about. I'm planning to hit up another dealer sometime in the next few weeks, since the clunk is definitely getting worse as time goes on.

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I had my car looked at first week of november. They said it was coming from the front flange at trans/driveshaft. They ordered the part, but it appears to be on backorder. Either Ford just doesn't have the spare parts yet, or a bunch of dealers are doing this repair. Any mechanic worth his weight can get under the car on the lift with someone working the shifter and hear the sound coming from the flange. :crazy:

MadMB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang v6
Hey guys, my 2015 V6 is at the dealer now because of this "Clunk" problem. Only 7,000 miles. They ordered a new drive shaft and should be fixed by tomorrow...I will update with the result.

ultimate warrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
mine is clunking as well. going to hold off until a TSB / official fix is released for this.

gotta love that quality control.

Sponsored

sese

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastian
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I have the same clunk as described in this thread. GT Auto with 3.55 gears. I hope they bring out the TSB soon, I don't want to end up in a Fiesta for weeks...

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The part finally came in for my car. Dealership replaced the front flange(at transmission), and it seems to have fixed the "clinking" sound.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Thx for the info.

Here's my 16' clanking (P -> R, R -> P). It's pretty constant now (@1.3k miles)

I don't think from P-R R-P counts because your parking claw always make a sound.
To have only axle or diff sound you go from R-D D-R.

hauntedone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Replacing the front flange will take care of the clunk... I was one of the first last year to go thru this... First drive shaft was replaced , then rear flange and then finally front. Once the front was replaced it has been 10,000 miles of smooth sailing.

JM10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT A6
Replacing the front flange will take care of the clunk... I was one of the first last year to go thru this... First drive shaft was replaced , then rear flange and then finally front. Once the front was replaced it has been 10,000 miles of smooth sailing.
Mine is doing the same sound (2016 GT)
Do you have the Ford part number?
[video]

JM

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk
Sponsored