Sponsored

R Model allocation

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
I hope this isn't too tired of a conversation but....I have a deposit on an allocated R Model (at least the dealer has lead me to believe it is allocated). I have read on this forum of some that were also believing that they had an R model "locked up" only to find that there actually was no allocation to begin with. Some have suggested to get a letter from the regional Ford rep or see a note where the dealer was awarded the allocation.
I do NOT have a VIN yet.....so I am kind of at the mercy of the dealer's understanding and honesty. I am asking if anyone on this forum has an example of what such a letter or confirmation might look like. I am intending on visiting the dealer soon and would love to have an example of the type of documentation that I would like him to produce.
Thanks for your help!

Max
It's nothing special just a simple e-mail from the Ford Rep to the dealership stating the number of GT350 and GT350R allocations.
Sponsored

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
It's nothing special just a simple e-mail from the Ford Rep to the dealership stating the number of GT350 and GT350R allocations.
^^^ This !!!

All we received was an email from our Ford Regional Rep detailing how many GT350's we would receive for 2016. Our dealership just sold/delivered 2015 GT350R #37 last week. We get no R's for 2016 since we only get 2 GT350's for the year.

As for DORA's, they only acknowledge that Ford received an order. It is NOT a guarantee of allocation. I could order 1,000 R's and get DORA's for all of them, yet never receive a single one of them.

Moral of the story: get a copy of the DORA if you can (dealers are NOT obligated to give out copies of DORA's, by the way) and see if your dealer will forward a copy of the allocation email they should have received from their Ford Regional Rep. If all else fails, PM Deysha here in the forums.

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
Get their regional Ford Rep to confirm the allocation via email.

Goofball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 R
Don't panic. While yes there has been a few R models delivered.. The bulk of them are on unscheduled material hold. They will be pumping them first quarter next year hopefully. I'm in the same boat.

But you should have an order number at a minimum from the dealer that you can confirm with Ford Performance to put your mind at ease.

Sponsored

Ellas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2016 Shelby GT, 1967 GT500, 1993 Cobra
I ordered in June and received everything for my R (Dora, Signed Agreement, etc)... GM called me a week ago saying that they are not allocated an R and will refund my deposit.

If your car is sitting in Unscheduled/Material Hold - Be very worried unless you have a confirmation from someone other than the dealer that it's going to be built.

So pissed off as I passed up one in FL because I had this on order!

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
Ellas1 - i had the same issue with 2 ford dealers and finally found one in TX that stated they had a real GT350R allocation, signed agreement, VOC sent, DORA received and now playing the waiting game for a VIN. In the meantime I am still calling Dealers just in case I get the call from the dealer stating they dont have the allocation, I feel confident they do have the allocation since they stated they have 6 GT350 allocations and 3 GT350R allocations

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Don't panic. While yes there has been a few R models delivered.. The bulk of them are on unscheduled material hold. They will be pumping them first quarter next year hopefully. I'm in the same boat.

But you should have an order number at a minimum from the dealer that you can confirm with Ford Performance to put your mind at ease.
It is my understanding that production for all R models has been shut down until at least March and possibly as late as April all depending on weather conditions and Spring temperatures.

Based on recent conversations with Ford personnel production has been halted until next Spring due to the Michelin Sport Cup 2 tire issue and the earliest that we will see any 2016 R models will be in Q2.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

slopper

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
svt
It is my understanding that production for all R models has been shut down until at least March and possibly as late as April all depending on weather conditions and Spring temperatures.

Based on recent conversations with Ford personnel production has been halted until next Spring due to the Michelin Sport Cup 2 tire issue and the earliest that we will see any 2016 R models will be in Q2.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
My goodness, do they build them outside?

OP
OP

MaxWW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, Mercedes Benz SL63, Ford Edge, RV6
My goodness, do they build them outside?
I have heard that if the tires are allowed to get below freezing they can be ruined. I heard that from a dealer who had driven one at a Ford event in Sebring FL. Maybe BS but that is what I heard.

Sponsored

slopper

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
svt
I have heard that if the tires are allowed to get below freezing they can be ruined. I heard that from a dealer who had driven one at a Ford event in Sebring FL. Maybe BS but that is what I heard.
There are tires that are not recommended for cold weather use. Have had them on a Corvette and the car was quite drivable, tires would spin with ease. I highly doubt that any tire is going to be damaged by just exposure to sub 32 degree temperatures. The manufacturers liability on a tire that fragile would be unimaginable.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
There are tires that are not recommended for cold weather use. Have had them on a Corvette and the car was quite drivable, tires would spin with ease. I highly doubt that any tire is going to be damaged by just exposure to sub 32 degree temperatures. The manufacturers liability on a tire that fragile would be unimaginable.
Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about.

Maybe call Michelin in France and Ford in Dearborn and tell them what they are doing wrong.

:lol::lol:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Again, you sound like you think you're right based on your own limited knowledge... go ahead and start preaching now.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
And you would be wrong. Many summer-rated performance tires are flat-out dangerous below 40 degrees. It's not just a traction issue; ask C7 Corvette owners how many tires cracked in the cold last year.
Sponsored