Sponsored

R model at msrp?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I wouldn't get too excited about the '15 my friend. That might be something of interest to a small number of people right now but in 5 or 10 years it won't mean crap. The same has gone for all the pace cars, anniversary editions of this and that, forget about it.
With all due respect your comments are very hard to take serious.

The same individual who purchased the very last 2015 R model #37 also owns the very first 1965 Shelby GT350R so this was a great compliment to his outstanding car collection.

I was in attendance a year and a half ago when the 1965 Charlie Kemp #23 Shelby GT350R was sold and it went for just under a million dollars so obviously these R models have a strong following whether it be the '65 cars or the 2015 Anniversary GT350R's.

The R models have a big following within the Mustang community but obviously you are not one of them.

:cheers:
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I wouldn't get too excited about the '15 my friend. That might be something of interest to a small number of people right now but in 5 or 10 years it won't mean crap. The same has gone for all the pace cars, anniversary editions of this and that, forget about it.
I wouldn't if I were you either... It's not yours.

Mosey on along now, and start a fire somewhere else.

Chicken Little is asking for the sky back.

Last edited:

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
The same individual who purchased the very last 2015 R model #37 also owns the very first 1965 Shelby GT350R so this was a great compliment to his outstanding car collection.
You obviously know who our customer is. John is a true enthusiast with an impressive collection. Heckuva nice guy, too! He emailed me the day after he took delivery of #37 and mentioned that he drove it 100 miles on the way home (he only lives about 15 miles away from our dealership).

slopper

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
svt
I wouldn't if we're you either... It's not yours.

Mosey on along now, and start a fire somewhere else.

Chicken Little is asking for the sky back.
Don't need it Dude. Just interjecting some common sense and rationality here. We all salute Ford for the fantastic job they have done with this GT350. We all agree that this is a fine vehicle which can hang with offerings costing far more but keep it in perspective. These are Ford Mustangs not Enzos or 918s. Once again, no one is detracting from this GT350 in any way, just keep it real. I've been involved in this stuff since some of you guys were likely children and I know the drill, the hype, and how the focus moves on and market values tank. Sorry but that is how it goes. Enjoy.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Don't need it Dude. Just interjecting some common sense and rationality here. We all salute Ford for the fantastic job they have done with this GT350. We all agree that this is a fine vehicle which can hang with offerings costing far more but keep it in perspective. These are Ford Mustangs not Enzos or 918s. Once again, no one is detracting from this GT350 in any way, just keep it real. I've been involved in this stuff since some of you guys were likely children and I know the drill, the hype, and how the focus moves on and market values tank. Sorry but that is how it goes. Enjoy.
There is historical data to support your opinion but what you and others sometimes (usually) ignore is any new variables.

You sound a little like an old man... I'm an old man, so I can say that! ahha

Sponsored

slopper

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
svt
There is historical data to support your opinion but what you and others sometimes (usually) ignore is any new variables.

You sound a little like an old man... I'm an old man, so I can say that! ahha
I am 60. That is old by some standards.The historical data is verifiable, real, and will apply to this offering as well. FPC is cool as was the supercharging of the Terminators and the resurrection of the SHELBY moniker for the GT500. Each and every new, red hot, SE, edition sees its glory days fade as the next latest, got to have Mustangs takes center stage. The more it changes, the more it stays the same. Nothing wrong with any of that, it is just how it always works and will go down this time. The GT500 will be up and coming soon. Look for this entire scenario to repeat itself again. No big deal.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
I am 60. That is old by some standards.The historical data is verifiable, real, and will apply to this offering as well. FPC is cool as was the supercharging of the Terminators and the resurrection of the SHELBY moniker for the GT500. Each and every new, red hot, SE, edition sees its glory days fade as the next latest, got to have Mustangs takes center stage. The more it changes, the more it stays the same. Nothing wrong with any of that, it is just how it always works and will go down this time. The GT500 will be up and coming soon. Look for this entire scenario to repeat itself again. No big deal.

Is it me or do you just rub everyone the wrong way....are you related to "cruzin"?....BTW 60 is not old.....maybe you look old and act it but not me. 52 years old in the STATES is the new 30....:headbang:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
You obviously know who our customer is. John is a true enthusiast with an impressive collection. Heckuva nice guy, too! He emailed me the day after he took delivery of #37 and mentioned that he drove it 100 miles on the way home (he only lives about 15 miles away from our dealership).
Yes, I was very fortunate in September to spend time with John and view his outstanding collection of Shelby automobiles which includes his two 1966 Shelby GT350 convertibles, supercharged '65 & '66 GT350's, Hertz 4 speed GT350's and of course the first R model produced with many other outstanding Shelby/Ford automobiles that are also in his collection.

Just as impressive is his attention to detail with all of the provenance that he has for each of his cars along with a terrific collection of Ford/Shelby automobile memorabilia.

As you mentioned John is a very nice person and drives all of his cars. Also, it was interesting to see him recently interviewed by Jay Leno for one of Jay's television shows.

Just an outstanding automobile collection and a terrific individual as well.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

slopper

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
svt
Is it me or do you just rub everyone the wrong way....are you related to "cruzin"?....BTW 60 is not old.....maybe you look old and act it but not me. 52 years old in the STATES is the new 30....:headbang:
I don't feel old. Can run 5 miles at a clip and lift 3 days a week along with other physical stuff. Sorry if a reality check is not what you would like to hear but it is the way it will go my friend. You can bet the farm on that one. Ask the guy who blew a major wad on an ADM for a KR if that was a good idea. That was the one that would surely crack the mold and be different. Didnn't happen. Some guys swallowed the hype and really got their faces kicked in on that one. I apologize to you it this has made you uncomfortable in any way.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
I don't feel old. Can run 5 miles at a clip and lift 3 days a week along with other physical stuff. Sorry if a reality check is not what you would like to hear but it is the way it will go my friend. You can bet the farm on that one. Ask the guy who blew a major wad on an ADM for a KR if that was a good idea. That was the one that would surely crack the mold and be different. Didnn't happen. Some guys swallowed the hype and really got their faces kicked in on that one. I apologize to you it this has made you uncomfortable in any way.
It doesn't appear you understand how collectible cars work. They don't go straight up. They depreciate like any other car over the first 10-15 years. But once they hit 15-20 years old and are in good shape, an odd thing happens, they start to appreciate. See E30 M3s, Supras, etc. I'm not saying that you'll come out ahead if you buy new and hang onto it for decades, but to use a car that's less than 10 years old as an example shows you're being myopic.

But whatever, you're in a "I'm right and can't be convinced otherwise" mode. So :cheers:

Sponsored
OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Hold up one sec. Are you saying that a 2015 350R, one of 37 cars EVER to be made won't amount to anything special? If thats the case you are horribly mistaken. You have to take into consideration everything. 1 its a Ford, massive following. 2 its a Shelby, massive following. 3 50th anniversary of the Mustang, pretty sure that only happens once. 4 ONE OF THIRTY SEVEN. It'll most likely be the last big hp non forced induction car Ford makes as well. If you're a Ford/Shelby/Mustang collector having a 2015 R would just be the icing on the cake for a collection. Like Donson said you're a lot like Cruzin only don't write posts the size small books. Do you even have a 350 on order or at all interested in ever purchasing one or just here to tell us how stupid those are that think their cars will be worth something in the future?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
It doesn't appear you understand how collectible cars work. They don't go straight up. They depreciate like any other car over the first 10-15 years. But once they hit 15-20 years old and are in good shape, an odd thing happens, they start to appreciate. See E30 M3s, Supras, etc. I'm not saying that you'll come out ahead if you buy new and hang onto it for decades, but to use a car that's less than 10 years old as an example shows you're being myopic.

But whatever, you're in a "I'm right and can't be convinced otherwise" mode. So :cheers:
Agreed and no way of making any sense with some individuals.

To your point and as a teenager I remember seeing the ~1000 '66 GT350 Hertz cars come out way back and for years many of us older automotive enthusiasts wanted nothing to do with these Shelby "Rent-a Racers" and now look at where the market is for the '66 Hertz cars are.

As we all know there are very few instant collectibles but in my opinion Ford has done a better job than most other automotive manufacturers in this area with cars such as the 2000 Cobra R which is just starting to collect a lot of attention.

Of course we all know where the '05 and '06 Ford GT's have gone in terms of price in the last 10 years. Talk about an instant collectible and I suggest that the 2017 Ford GT will also fall into this category.

In recent years I suggest that the next new generation Mustang that will do well from a collectible standpoint will be the 2 year run of the Boss 302 Laguna Seca's.

As far as the recent introduction of the new Shelby GT350's, time will tell how this car will fare from a collectible standpoint based on production numbers and how many years Ford plans to produce the great car. Certainly the GT350R will have the best chance of succeeding from a collectible standpoint.

:cheers:

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Gotta love a guy who missed his exit.
( I always said you can't get lost in a Mustang)
Reading what is said about this guy, great to see him
get a car like this.
Would love to see that collection some day :)

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

Your not upsetting anyone so you can stop with your "sorry if you don't know as much as I do" attitude. You're not opening any eyes or convincing anyone one way or the other, so relax. It's more amusing than anything - someone who compares the past market performance of a KR and the current GT350(r)...and uses that as a basis for their convictions.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing as the trend certainly is, as hype dies down, prices drop - but as I've said to a couple others who sounded JUST like you - you don't know...and I don't know. It's supply and demand. We don't know how many will actually be built. The demo that this car has been marketed to is hugely different than ever before. Things have changed quite a bit.

While I hope you're right and everyone who wants one of these cars can obtain one and at a price they are comfortable with. The laws of supply and demand doesn't always allow this consumers utopia that you insist is inevitable.

Some of us are smart enough to know, what we don't know. Others try to force their opinions on others.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
It's you Donson. It's obviously not him... Just ask him.:cheers:
Sponsored