Sponsored

Just got an email from dealer refunding my deposit on R Model after 6 months!

slopper

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
svt
Most pre-orders are not actually binding contracts, but either way it's still techincally the dealers car (they own it since they buy it from ford). That would only really come into play if he pre-paid for the car in full and filled out a full purchase contract. You can only fill out a full purchase contract if the car is already slated for production with a VIN assigned (which did not happen in this case)
Who have you ever known, heard of, or better yet would be dumb enough to pre pay for a car that does not exist?
Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Who have you ever known, heard of, or better yet would be dumb enough to pre pay for a car that does not exist?
I have heard of people prepaying for cars that are already in tranist and slated for delivery for 1-2 months out, so technically they "exist". I cant say ive heard of anyone that has prepaid for a car that isn't even scheduled yet, but that is not to say it has not happened.

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Most pre-orders are not actually binding contracts, but either way it's still techincally the dealers car (they own it since they buy it from ford). That would only really come into play if he pre-paid for the car in full and filled out a full purchase contract. You can only fill out a full purchase contract if the car is already slated for production with a VIN assigned (which did not happen in this case)
Yet THEY keep your deposit if YOU decide not to take the car. It's a legally binding contract. I guess it's all moot if you're happy now. :cheers:

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Yet THEY keep your deposit if YOU decide not to take the car. It's a legally binding contract. I guess it's all moot if you're happy now. :cheers:
Perhaps in your state, not in all. In CA the deposit is 100% refundable, regardless of what is stated on the pre-sale order
Sponsored