bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Why wouldn't you put boltons and tune on the 370Z as well? The Z would be at 360HP at that point and weigh less than the Mustang. The Z would likely smoke it. The Z stock does 0-60 in 4.7 and the quarter at 13.3 and with boltons and a tune is probably at 13.0 or 12.9.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2015-ford-mustang-ecoboost-23-first-test/

Doesn't appear the EcoBoost would stand a chance against the 370Z. It's a full second behind 0-60 and nearly a full second in the quarter stock-to-stock.
Put the magazine down and just walk away.:tsk:
Sponsored

StangLuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP

Brad

Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S - Big Turbo EB

StangLuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Tune IC DR EB's run 11's.
Just a $500 tune does that? Wow! Why are we idiots buying GTs then? And why would the OP even ask the question, comparing it to a 370Z when it can beat GTs, Camaros, and pretty much anything else that's stock?

Sponsored

OP
OP

EcoSith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TUNE+ Meth injected Mustang
THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK YOU ALL!

Woah, gotta lot of interesting opinions on this thread. Thanks for taking the time out and speaking about it. I didn't include bolt ons/ tune for the NISMO because most people I've come across don't do anything to it because they've spent $40K on it out the door. Still a badass car tho. Just think I would give them lights tbh. ;) enjoy your cars gentlemen!

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Agreed - the 370Z is a sportscar and the Mustangs are well-built pony cars with back seats.

That's what you meant, right?

And fat? The 370Z weighs 3250 pounds the same as a Vette - that's fat?
Yeah that's what I meant :thumbsup:, by fat I mean the Z has a big bottom, I did point out the 0-60 times and the excess 220 lbs the EB has, and you're right, the EB would need a sight more than a $500 tune to knock a second off its times.

Thanks for your sensible input, I get the fanboy thing with which some guys post, but as pointed out, maybe I should get an EB if it's as fast as a GT with a simple tune.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
You'd prefer we just imagine up some comparison numbers between the two?
No. I recommend you get out from behind the desk and see how the cars perform in the real world. LOL you post a video of a 370Z barely beating a 200HP 94 Mustang as proof you thing they are fast????:lol:The 350/370Z is a notorious poor performer. They wont benefit from bolt-on's like the boosted cars will. Your saying a 13 second bolt on 350/70Z should kill a bolt-on turbo 4 banger capable of high 11s to mid 12s (depending on parts used) just shows you don't understand the potential of turbo cars. Hense the put the magazine down comment.

Last edited:

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Compensation.
That...... Or we made better life decisions than you and can actually afford what we really want. You mod your little engines into the 11s. We mod ours into the 9s and don't have to say would you like to super size that at our jobs.:D;)

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
That...... Or we made better life decisions than you and can actually afford what we really want. You mod your little engines into the 11s. We mod ours into the 9s and don't have to say would you like to super size that at our jobs.:D;)
Lmao,that was good.

StangLuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
No. I recommend you get out from behind the desk and see how the cars perform in the real world. LOL you post a video of a 370Z barely beating a 200HP 94 Mustang as proof you thing they are fast????:lol:The 350/370Z is a notorious poor performer. They wont benefit from bolt-on's like the boosted cars will. Your saying a 13 second bolt on 350/70Z should kill a bolt-on turbo 4 banger capable of high 11s to mid 12s (depending on parts used) just shows you don't understand the potential of turbo cars. Hense the put the magazine down comment.
Which again begs the question of why the OP would even pose a question about a stock 370Z vs a tuned EcoBoost that can do 11s. Stock for stock the 370Z will kill him. And with a tune he'll kill the 370Z and your stock GT, and a stock 2016 Camaro. And pretty much everything else. So what purpose did the original question serve?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Which again begs the question of why the OP would even pose a question about a stock 370Z vs a tuned EcoBoost that can do 11s. Stock for stock the 370Z will kill him. And with a tune he'll kill the 370Z and your stock GT, and a stock 2016 Camaro. And pretty much everything else. So what purpose did the original question serve?
Well if I was a betting man. I'd wager that the OP has a vehicle with similar mods to what he posted. Or at the very least, is dreaming about modding a 4 banger. And just wanted to hear some positive feedback about EBs. But yeaa. Modded EBs could outrun me or a new Camaro stock. That's why I don't leave anything stock. I don't plan on losing to many races to EBs or 16 Camaros.

Last edited:

MagneticEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
For me this whole thing is simple. I bought my ecoboost purely for my own enjoyment. I don't get swept up in who has the faster car. There is always someone faster. I respect anyone who puts the effort into making their car more enjoyable and fun.
Sponsored