Sponsored

Stereo Information (Wiring, Upgrades, etc...)

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Do you have any specifics regarding the exact location of the 2016 amp and if it can be reached without having to dismantle the dash?
Sponsored

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Do you have any specifics regarding the exact location of the 2016 amp and if it can be reached without having to dismantle the dash?
Sorry, no. Very vague illustration. Both the part guy and I thought it had been moved from the drivers kick panel but we could be wrong. Moving it would require new harness, not sure they would do this.

thearteest3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
To start it off just want to give yall information on what system I have and to let you know I am by no means a audio guru(so I am a noob when compared to you guys). I have an Ecoboost Premium with Shaker but no subwoofer.

I am looking to install my aftermarket sub and amp. When powering your amps where did yall go through the fire wall? Did you find a spot or drill a hole?

Also see there is a remote wire in the back wire harness do I just open that casing up and splice into it?

Lastly since this is aftermarket amp where is a good place to tap into system with a Line out converter? Usually its the back speakers but the wires dont seem to be exposed that much?

All help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Sponsored

grumblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium
PERFECT! Thank you very much!
If it were me, I'd drill a hole behind the battery and pass it through that way. (and it was me, and it took less than 5 minutes to do it). Search for the pics on this forum and you'll see how easy!

BOOSTED-SVO

In My Own Lane
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP SB M6
Hey guys, maybe you could help me out. I have the base ebm. I don't want to replace my factory radio(at least until something worthy to replace with hit the market) and neither do I want to replace my stock speakers. I basically just want some added sub bass frequency that kinda hits. What would be an easy solution and what brand size would do the job guys? When it come to car electrical wiring I am very paranoid. Always been for some reason. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Gtrtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Magnetic

Alloy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 EB

BOOSTED-SVO

In My Own Lane
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP SB M6

Sponsored

Gtrtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Magnetic

jayrx7trbo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Guard Metallic V6 Auto
If i have the base model, meaning no amp, just power off head unit, can i wire in a amp and sub to the trunk, anyone know who makes the side sub custom boxes for the trunk?? want to get some more bass in the car but not looking to rattle anything loose. LOL

jayrx7trbo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Guard Metallic V6 Auto
You will need a amp kit and a lineout converter,here is a combo deal for the Basslink.
A couple of posts back has the wiring info.
I got lazy on the mounting just drilled a couple of holes and used a couple of sheet metal screws.
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_92314_Infinity-BassLink-8-Gauge-Kit-Combo.html
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_5265_PAC-SNI-35.html

I looked into that powered sub as well as Fosgate one, How do you like it & how does the bass sound?? do you get mid & deep tones?

Gtrtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Magnetic
I like it, it does really well for a powered 10" in a small enclosure.

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
Anybody ever figure out how to add that connector in to make a factory sub work with a 9 speaker system? Could that be a tail light harness? Maybe it only powers the taillights, rear speakers, trunk light and sub? If it wasn't expensive I could easily replace that harness.
Sponsored