[Theory] Question on Suspension Geometry

CrazedAntelope

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
If you install springs that provide a 0.5" drop and also install wheel & tire package that is 1" smaller in diameter, have you changed your suspension geometry at all?

Reference Video is the Cortex Racing founder explaining suspension geometry. Watch the part @7:20: [ame]
Sponsored

l'Ingegnere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
It will still change due to the lowering springs. Altering tire diameter mostly does not affect suspension geometry because geometry is measured off of the suspension member pick up points. It would, however, change the roll center height.

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Thanks man you have just answered all of my questions I had put forth to Steeda !

I have known that there would be Negative affects to lowering a Mustang with an aftermarket spring set up and had tried to express this idea with other individuals .

Thease claims of how great everything is with replacing OEM for Aftermarket are just that claims that only make a man confused and exasserbated by the quick answers that do little to inform and costs rising to keep up with the Negative affects of changing the Geometry of a Suspension ....

Thanks Steeda for all of your Ill advice .. Thanks Todd for convincing me that you are just a Turd ........

By the way I purchased 2 hood struts for $20.00 a piece and Made My own set up for raising and Holding up My own Hood .. I just needed to get the Geometry correct and Make My own L brackets with Knipples to attach the STRUTS .............

Do your research guys ..they'll sell ya anything ................
Sponsored