Fastest way to 500HP

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
What does that mean "the fastest way to 500hp". The shortest install time? The least amount of work hours? You can install a DOB SCer kit in a weekend plus tuning time for less work hours than any other positive displacement kit and get 550RWHP. Does that count?
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

As I will be looking to do similar when I get my Mustang GT PP, to maintain warranty for the first few months of running in I shall go:
Steeda CAI with restrictor - 20RWHP according to Steeda (Over 30RWHP with tune and restrictor removed)
Corsa Sport Catback system - 5-10RWHP?
High-flow cats - 20RWHP?

The above is probably the safest and easiest way to gain 30-50RWHP on the stock car, which will probably be around 470-480 at the crank. Of course if you do the above whenever you take your car back to the dealership ideally it should be returned to stock, otherwise they will see the modifications and potentially invalidate your warranty.......

To crack over 500BHP at the crank you will need the dyno tune and remove the restrictor from the CAI, this will give you the extra but invalidate your warranty.

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Hi there

As I will be looking to do similar when I get my Mustang GT PP, to maintain warranty for the first few months of running in I shall go:
Steeda CAI with restrictor - 20RWHP according to Steeda (Over 30RWHP with tune and restrictor removed)
High-flow cats - 20RWHP?

The above is probably the safest and easiest way to gain 30-50RWHP on the stock car, which will probably be around 470-480 at the crank. Of course if you do the above whenever you take your car back to the dealership ideally it should be returned to stock, otherwise they will see the modifications and potentially invalidate your warranty.......

To crack over 500BHP at the crank you will need the dyno tune and remove the restrictor from the CAI, this will give you the extra but invalidate your warranty.
Does anyone make high flow cats that you can just weld in? Since these are part of the headers on these cars. also, would they throw a CEL?

FivePointToTheOh

USN Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT/CS
Nitrous, simple as that, 545hp, 600 tq on my baby and couldn't be happier.

Sponsored

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
In all honesty, I think your estimates are too optimistic. You'd be lucky if you netted 1/2 the power you estimated at the wheels. Also, be wary of manufacturers claims of increased power...they're usually very optimistic.

Hi there

High-flow cats - 20RWHP?

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
Hi there

High-flow cats - 20RWHP?

In all honesty, I think your estimates are too optimistic. You'd be lucky if you netted 1/2 the power you estimated at the wheels. Also, be wary of manufacturers claims of increased power...they're usually very optimistic.
Optimistic is an understatement. He ain't getting anywhere near that.

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
Yeah...I was trying to let him down easy.

Didn't want to destroy his HP ambitions. Oh well, the truth hurts lol.

Gibbo205, its a mistake to think you can just add-up claimed horsepower increases. It just doesn't work that way. Also, like I said before, you have to take these claimed horsepower increases with a grain of salt. Dyno results are anything but universal.

You can only really trust before and after dyno's on your own car and even then there's alot of variability dynoing your own car from one day to the next.

Optimistic is an understatement. He ain't getting anywhere near that.

FivePointToTheOh

USN Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT/CS
All this talk about nitrous is sooooooooooo ricey
Since when are 8 and 9 second Mustangs considered Ricey? Just because someone chooses a different method of power adder than your liking doesn't make it any less American. By your claims adding a turbo is "Ricey" and superchargers are the only approved forced induction.

Sponsored

MyMilkshake...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 M4 Competition & Tuned DS3R The Stang Killer
How did I make a claim about turbos being Ricey?

Nitrous lasts 2 minutes and costs a lot of money, it's a temporary power boost, why not just do something permenant
image.jpeg

FivePointToTheOh

USN Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT/CS
How did I make a claim about turbos being Ricey?

Nitrous lasts 2 minutes and costs a lot of money, it's a temporary power boost, why not just do something permenant
There was no Butthurt at all, I was simply refuting your opinion. Yes, nitrous is a "temporary" power boost, for as long as you'd like to spray. Many people don't have the 6-10k to throw down on a super charger, so they go with nitrous, Its no less permanent** than a super charger, both are easily removed or kept on for the life of the vehicle.

Deadmau5

Procharger p1 stage 2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15gt
Well apparently there's cams that are huge boost in power for these cars coming out so that would probably easily do it for all of us

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
The more I think about it I'm starting to lean toward the N/A route. SC is a great and easy way w/$ of course to add big h/p. Just think it would be cool as hell to have a high-revving S550...it will cost $$$ but you gotta pay to play as they say. Definitely interested in cams and accompanying springs that will be released.

This way I can purchase my camshaft, springs, Boss Intake in steps and install them all at once.
Sponsored