Sponsored

Announcing the VTT EBM Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade

ECM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
same here I'm hoping they can at least push 400 awhp with this stage 2 kit safely

I highly doubt they're gonna work some magic and turn the drivetrain into awd. I think you mean rwhp.

Last edited:

chadhtx40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP Magnetic Metalli
"With these results also came the fuel limit, HPFP was dropping very quickly"
What exactly does this mean for guys like me who would be interested in Stage 1 on e30(Currently on e30). Is this gong to be an issue at all? I would like to do a stock"ish" size/placement turbo upgrade like this with a catted downpipe, and cat-back exhaust, but I want to make sure it's pretty flawless. Adam has worked his magic on my picky as hell car too.

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Welcome to the forum! Impressed with the team/parts you've assembled, and can't wait to see your products hit the track.

So...is the same vargas company that did something similar in the BMW world and left a lot of people hanging out to dry? That asked for president orders, did,not fulfill the orders, people asked for a refund and we're charged a restocking fee for something they did not receive?
Google isearch your friend, do your homework!
Thanks for looking out for our community, Greg. I can't comment on what did or didn't happen in this story but I hope it didn't play out as you wrote. With "Jesus is Lord" written on their business sign I would expect integrity and character. If mistakes were made restitution/recompense should follow.

Staying positive and hoping for the best from VTT.

Fast64ranchero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
63 Ranchero, 1972 Pinto, 2015 Mustang
I also heard about this company not filling orders on another sight. If I remember correctly some waited 6 months. (Althought it is the internet so who knows)

Adam, how much background do you have with these guys?

Sponsored

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
Duuuuude.. this sounds awesome. I hope it's true Lol.. almost sounds too good to be true.

I also wanted to ask, are there any identifying markers on the turbos like a serial number to identify where it was made or what car it's married to?.. like say if you send me one of the new turbos you guys have in stock and I were to send you mine, even tho the new unit looks stock is there anything serial no. wise to identify it as different than what the vehicle came with from the factory?..

What about if I were to send you my turbo and you fix that baby up and send me back that one Lol..

This is all just hypothetical of course, as much as I love what you guys are doing I still haven't even made my first payment on this car so I won't be doing anything major anytime soon.. but sure would be at the top of my list of mods.. I love the way the car pulls down low as is, just wished it pulled all the way to redline as the power fall off is very noticeable. If this turbo really does what you guys say it does then I'm very excited.. heh.

OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
"With these results also came the fuel limit, HPFP was dropping very quickly"
What exactly does this mean for guys like me who would be interested in Stage 1 on e30(Currently on e30). Is this gong to be an issue at all? I would like to do a stock"ish" size/placement turbo upgrade like this with a catted downpipe, and cat-back exhaust, but I want to make sure it's pretty flawless. Adam has worked his magic on my picky as hell car too.
You can reach the full limit of stage 1 on the stock fuel system. I think maybe the fuel comment was misunderstood. We were reaching the fuel limit on while testing, but it was not effecting us, as we felt we had reached the safe limits of where we wanted to push the turbo. Once we switch to stage 2, we will be running the CP-e port injection, to get rid of all fuel problems. As for the BMW delays, when we joined that community, we were naive to the demand there would be for the product, we were overwhelmed with orders, and couldn't keep up in the beginning. Like anything else you learn, and make adjustments to bring lead times down. On these units we waited to announce, til full testing was done, and parts were ready, we were also very clear on how many units will be readily available for the first run, before we have to remachine. No surprises for anyone

OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
Also to answer a couple questions I got on PM.

The plugs we are using are NGK 6510's gapped to Adam's recommendation, the exhaust is the street version, we have a turbo slated to go directly to Adam for one of his customers so it can immediately be tested at the drag strip...:)

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
On 93 on a dynojet, but still 216 is waaaay to low
people tend to forget a dyno is a tuning tool

grab the baseline and measure the improvements from the baseline
there really isn't a "should be at" or "you'll make this" on a certain dyno, there are way too many variables

I think Vargas is in Cali using that 91 octane goat pee fuel
I'm not surprised by that #....

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
if i dont plan to build my motor, should i just stick to stage 1?

Sponsored
OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
if i dont plan to build my motor, should i just stick to stage 1?
Absolutely up to you. A turbo is simply a device that supports horsepower. You can bolt a large turbo to your car, put a mild tune on it, and make 250WHP. Stage 2 will just give you the ability to make more power if want it. Also from all the reading, and research we have done, these engines seem fine at 450/450 power levels, that is the max we are shooting for with stage 2, so we feel the stock engine should be up to the task! Ford did a good job on this motor, it seems very stout! :ford:

OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
If you guys havent done so yet. Please like out page on facebook https://www.facebook.com/VargasTurbo and Follow us on instagram @vargasturbo to stay updated on what we are working on!

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I may hold on to my pennies for a stage 2 :D

Would the setup be available without the IWG? I already have a TS IWG75 with a plenty strong enough spring.

OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
One graph I forgot to post was the stock graph against the final E30 Stage 1 graph. Almost 200WHP gained at 6600 RPM, and 155WTQ at 6600RPM. Adam really did a kick ass job on this tune for us! :cheers:
Stock 91 Vs VTT Stage 1 E30 Adam.jpg

Bomicino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 ecoboost
This is great news, and is going to shit all over the "other guys" who have just talked about this. Quite the entrance, nice job.
Sponsored