Sponsored

'16 Camaro Reviews are starting to hit the sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
So the corvette does a 3.8 0-60 and the camaro does 3.9?
Sponsored

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
How is this car running damn near identical times to the C7?

Ah well... Doesn't matter....

The Mustang, Camaro, Challenger... None of them are family cars people. There is a reason why the corvette only sales 1-2k units a month.

You all keep talking about competition is good, but these cars will eventually be priced out of the hands of many at this rate. Ford Doesn't need to respond in my opinion.... Let GM price themselves out of their own market like they did with the ATS/CTS line up.

We're working ourselves right into 50k for base model performance cars... Forget about I4s/V6s replacing V8s... These cars are working themselves into a price range to where they will be unaffordable by many. Camaro can trounce the mustang any day not a Single F***s will be given here. I just care about the future of our cars.

At some point you all need to realize competition can be just as bad as it is good.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
^^^ Some truth there.

I had a self-imposed cap of $40K for my '15. Too many other irons in the fire, including wanting to pay off my property before I turn 50. I could have sprung for more, but no desire when it's a car that sees limited use (mine has about 1800 miles as of this writing).

Many vehicles these days are suffering from such price creep that it's ridiculous. I often wonder who is buying some of these cars since they seem to be aimed at (mostly) the average Joe, but the average Joe apparently ain't me.....

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
As far as a 'different engine'...if that's what you think, welcome to hot rodding, glad you could join us. External engine bolt ons don't take much skill or knowhow.
Are you seriously now saying that the GM engines are better because it's harder to bolt on heads and a cam than it is to bolt on a blower? :lol:

DiMaio90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Are you seriously now saying that the GM engines are better because it's harder to bolt on heads and a cam than it is to bolt on a blower? :lol:
I don't know how to quote you an Poop. But he did say this is his last post:

"I don't think either is really any notably better than the other as far as bang for the buck in the 'new' market."

Doesn't sound like he was saying the GM engine is better. The rest of his post looked more like listing some of the pros and cons to me.

Sponsored

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
Really? It was a comment about what 'hot rodding' is, and skills that are attained practicing the hobby. I think most would agree that doing a head/cam swap does require the use of one's critical thinking skills (an important quality that seems to be dwindling in modern society as a whole) more than bolting on a blower and taking it to a tuner.

You're an engineer, right? I would think you of all people should be able to see the benefits and flaws in each design, and speak about them objectively...

Last edited:

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
Not true, HP/liter started in 1994 (not with the S2000) with the B16a that was 1.6 liter pushing out 160 HP and the Honda that had it at the time was just as fast in a 0-60 and quarter then the Mustang GT with a V8 and 4.6 liters.

The only people not taking it seriously were those guys back then with really weak V8's that couldn't push 50/hp liter. Honda guys were asking them why their 4.8 liter V8's couldn't make 480 HP (and run 200,000K miles) and they really didn't have much to say accept "hp/liter is invalid neener neener neener... your momma wears combat boots".

Today its very much alive. The G350 has a V8 that now does 100 HP / liter and damn... That is awesome. You people still can't see the significance even 20 years later lol.

Assuming similar chassis setups, gross power output wins races, not hp/L.

You can make 200 hp/L, but if you only have a 1.0L, you're gonna lose a whole lotta races.

Professional engine builders and economy cars consider power density, neither of which are being discussed here.

Honda owner - "Your car may be faster, but my engine makes more hp/L, neener neener neener".

Winner - :rolleyes:

The end.

OP
OP
Spartan

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Jeez..knock on Ford from C&D

And no offense to Ford, but it’s pretty well established now that General Motors employs some of the best chassis engineers in the world. Their touch is felt in the new Camaro’s prodigious front-end grip, neutral balance at the limit, and outstanding wheel control over road imperfections whether or not Magnetic Ride Control adaptive dampers are present.

Sponsored

Nasty99z28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 z28 with full bolt-ons and a mwc fab9
Hp per liter the coyote dominates the lt. Shit for the price of the stuff needed to make tha power on a lt you could buy a supercharger. But hey, it's just heads, cams, headers, intake, exhaust. Basically a different fu king engine lol
So now HP per liter wins race's? Compare bolt on vs bolt on. Break down the price and power.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
The denial here is strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If someone thinks that Magazines are the only people that rave about the new GM performance chassis, they're crazy. Randy Pobst is a Ford employee right? And he loves the new CTS, Corvette, ATS....

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
The denial here is strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its not denial. You cant prove my statement wrong either. Too much fishy stuff goes on with the magazines in general and you know it. This has been their MO since the 80s. They have played GM as a favorite, they are pretty biased. If you don't think magazines get bribes and are 100% honest, ill sell you a bridge. Im not saying GM doesn't make some great competitors, I just see the bias in the mags.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
So Ford has never won a comparison against Chevy? The magazine conspiracy is ridiculous haha.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.