Sponsored

Curbed my stock 20 inch wheel tire today.

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
Careful. I am an insurance broker in CA. Out here, if there is less than $1,000 property damage, it will be considered a non chargeable violation, still subject to your collision deductible. Not sure what the carrier guidelines and laws out where you are but you should definitely look into this as out here if you have 2 or more points, you lose CA good driver discount which is easily 20% premium and also makes you not eligible for the "preferred carriers" and you will end up with a carrier who's base rates are higher, and you don't get the additional discount making it much worse than just 20%.

If you have any other accidents/speeding tickets you may want to pay out of pocket and save the point on your driving record for something more serious as the more points you have, the insurance pricing goes up pretty quickly.

Again, that is out here in CA, but for $1,000 and $500 deductible... I would probably suggest eating the $1,000. Call a local broker (or your State Farm agent and ask it as a hypothetical) and see what they say about local laws.
Holy crap! Reason number 576 why I won't move to CA- even though I hate snow.

OP, do you have a picture of the damage? Plenty of places can fix curb rash without issue. A lot cheaper than buying a whole new wheel, too. Then you'd just need a tire.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Free Agent

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Holy crap! Reason number 576 why I won't move to CA- even though I hate snow.

OP, do you have a picture of the damage? Plenty of places can fix curb rash without issue. A lot cheaper than buying a whole new wheel, too. Then you'd just need a tire.
Gotta go for now but will try to get up a shot tomorrow. I'm hoping to go the refinish route as I think it may be possible.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Tire and wheel warranty ftw! My Mom curbed mine the first week! I called in a claim, used the Tire and Wheel warranty. The tire had to be replaced and the wheel was repaired good as new. The $400 I paid for the warranty was cheaper than the fix.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
In Texas the amount paid out by the insurance company has to be over a 1,000 to count against you.

Good luck OP.

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
I hit a curb once but no damage ( first mustang took awhile to get used to the hood view)

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
why get insurance involved over a tire and wheel? but man if you're gonna spend that much, it's time for new wheels and tires all around. you can get some good deals here.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
velgen +1 :D

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Curious of some pics too.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Sorry this happened. If for some reason you want a set of these, I just saw some for sale in a Detroit-area Mustang club newsletter. Even though I am in Ohio, I have a membership in the club.

Take a look on pg 9 of the newsletter located here.

Good luck getting things back to normal.

Sponsored

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
Been there done that dude! We have places around here that will fix curb rash on wheels. maybe $100.

DRKHR5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6-spd OW PP
I mustve been born yesterday. You can actually use insurance in this fashion?! I would've never thought to… and always agree with Khyber that there is a price point that you might as well get a whole new set… same or new.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I curbed mine the 2nd day i brought the car to CA. Trying to paralell park and i scratched it. Not a big scratch but definetely noticeable. Need to get it repaired.

Blitz2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT Premium with Saddle
Tire and wheel warranty ftw! My Mom curbed mine the first week! I called in a claim, used the Tire and Wheel warranty. The tire had to be replaced and the wheel was repaired good as new. The $400 I paid for the warranty was cheaper than the fix.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
THIS!! I opted to get the tire and wheel warranty for 5 yrs/75,000 miles for $500. Figured it was worth it just in case!
Sponsored