Sponsored

Problems with steeda tune.

Oxwhite5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white 2015 GT
Anyone have probelms with their tunes or other vendors?

My car is behaving odd when in 4th or higher around 2k to 3.5k, when you go wot or even put slight load the car bogs and does not want to accelerate. I have pulled a few logs and sent to steeda but I have never come across this when tuning other vehicles.

Pedal position shows high 90s but timing stays around 45 and knock sensor is detecting nothing. Rpms slowly rise as in a crawl, absolutely no power. Also there is a hesitation in 3rd gear when accelerating for about half second and it doesn't pull very hard. Only mods are steeda intake without restrictor and mbrp catback.

Dunno if I should order another tune from another vendor or wait the 3-5 days for a revision and run the restrictor for now lol.

Have attached a few logs from livelink also, you can see where it bogs completely at wot
Sponsored

Attachments

OP
OP

Oxwhite5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white 2015 GT
Just got off the phone with beefcake, the fact that he called me at 7pm speaks alot to their customer service. Needless to say placing an order for a Lund tune through them.

rozay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PQ 5.0 MT
Just got off the phone with beefcake, the fact that he called me at 7pm speaks alot to their customer service. Needless to say placing an order for a Lund tune through them.
You'll be happy with Lund

ll Lund ngauge 93 oct, MAK cat delete+xpipe res+muffler delete (yes it's loud), Reische 170 Thermostat,JLT intake, AMR 19" wheels, CJ Pony springs ll

Thompyt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic/Red Redline GT PP Premium
Lund makes a great tune with the unrestricted Steeda intake.

Sponsored

Infamous

President of Honda
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
When this occurs what is the oil temp at? Low? Normal? Just wondering.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
When this occurs what is the oil temp at? Low? Normal? Just wondering.
Thats a great question, wondered that myslf. whats it got to do with this thread?
Maybe start a new thread so more people get the answer.
:shrug:

Infamous

President of Honda
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
Thats a great question, wondered that myslf. whats it got to do with this thread?
Maybe start a new thread so more people get the answer.
:shrug:
I have a Lund tune and I noticed that if I attempted to accelerate too quickly after turning the car on it would buckle during the acceleration. With obvious reasons of course. But this may just be a case of not giving the car enough time to warm up. After the initial warm up period the car performs excellent. Any thoughts OP?

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
I have a Lund tune and I noticed that if I attempted to accelerate too quickly after turning the car on it would buckle during the acceleration. With obvious reasons of course. But this may just be a case of not giving the car enough time to warm up. After the initial warm up period the car performs excellent. Any thoughts OP?
mine does that stock

these things run weird when they're cold

Sponsored

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
mine does that stock

these things run weird when they're cold
Mine did the same thing but it went away with the SCT preloaded 93 octane tune. When I went flashed the Lund tune, it ran like it did stock when cold (not very good). I havent sent the data logs for fine tuning to Lund yet so perhaps that will be addressed. For whatever reason, the SCT tune runs great.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
As much as I like my Lund tunes, at least give Steeda a chance to update your tune if you haven't already.

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Anyone have probelms with their tunes or other vendors?

My car is behaving odd when in 4th or higher around 2k to 3.5k, when you go wot or even put slight load the car bogs and does not want to accelerate. I have pulled a few logs and sent to steeda but I have never come across this when tuning other vehicles.

Pedal position shows high 90s but timing stays around 45 and knock sensor is detecting nothing. Rpms slowly rise as in a crawl, absolutely no power. Also there is a hesitation in 3rd gear when accelerating for about half second and it doesn't pull very hard. Only mods are steeda intake without restrictor and mbrp catback.

Dunno if I should order another tune from another vendor or wait the 3-5 days for a revision and run the restrictor for now lol.

Have attached a few logs from livelink also, you can see where it bogs completely at wot
Have you tried reaching out to us prior to making this thread? Many of the members on here know that I'm always here to help. Sending me a pm or giving me a call (or our tuner Matt a call) would be the best first step. Remember, contacting us directly is the most expedited way to resolve your situation.

That being said, feel free to pm me with your contact info so we can troubleshoot and get you squared away. There are a number of forum and non-forum members equipped with our tunes that are very satisfied.

OP
OP

Oxwhite5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white 2015 GT
Yes there is already a revised tune being worked on by the guys at Steeda. And I have a Lund tune coming also. This was just a brainstorming thread for the most part as I'm not familiar with tuning fords yet, my last car used uprev so I am still learning. Its not a Steeda issue persay its just a tune issue, could happen to anyone was just checking to see if others had had the same issue. Not knocking anyone or any company.

Car was at operating temp, regardless it did not matter the temp it just doesn't open the tb fully for some reason is my guess.
Sponsored