Cooled seats not cooling

DB23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T 200A Auto Ingot
Ran the cooler seats a lot yesterday post TSB fix. Up to 1/2 hour at a shot. Weather was around 60 and cloudy FYI.

1. Hot spot on back of seat near map pocket lip is gone, now just feels slightly warm.
2. Airflow to seat back is slightly improved, nowhere near as good as bottom, but noticably better.
3. I'd say air out of back was slightly below ambient, enough to feel a bit of cooling, but again nowhere near good as bottom.
4. The air out the back did not stop flowing or get warmer over time, it was slightly cooler and stayed that way.

Overall, if the seat back was an F before, now it's a C. It does what it's supposed to in an OK fashion.
Sponsored

Blacklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
So I bring the car to the dealer today and he looks at the car and calls me back to say that Mustangs don't have cooled back seats. Not an option...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium PP
So I bring the car to the dealer today and he looks at the car and calls me back to say that Mustangs don't have cooled back seats. Not an option...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:lol:

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Hopefully this will all be settled and guys will know if this fix works. We're coming up on winter so I have no use for the cooled seats for the next 6 months, but knowing there is a TSB will definitely help my cause if I choose to take it in around then.

Blacklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Hopefully this will all be settled and guys will know if this fix works. We're coming up on winter so I have no use for the cooled seats for the next 6 months, but knowing there is a TSB will definitely help my cause if I choose to take it in around then.
I even showed my dealer the tsb.... he said that seat back cooling is not an option on my car, only the seats. I just gave up on battling it with the dealer. More incompetence by Ford.

**Update** - Went in and we both looked at the TSB and they acknowledge the issue. At least they listened and were open about it when I pushed the issue.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Incompetence by that particular person, if he won't be corrected you can either call him an idiot and leave or you could explain to him calmly that his is wrong and should check his service manuals.

DB23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T 200A Auto Ingot
It's so hit or miss with dealers. Took it in to complain about the seats in August and got "working to spec." Took it in again Monday and mentioned the TSB, they said ok, somehow had the parts overnighted (I almost fell over) and I was out of there next day all set ...

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
That was it, I scared 'em!

After your reply I went back through the thread and am reminded of ALL the work done, particularly by Free Agent and Droid Junkie but also others, in documenting what is and isn't happening under the seat covers. Fascinating work, all of it, and I just wanted to say a belated thanks to both those guys. Really good work! I think Ford would have gotten there, but it wouldn't surprise me that you pushed them along, because this TSB follows really closely behind the F150 version, which is a 10x larger problem for Ford. :cheers: :cheers::clap2:
Thanks. Droid really put the work in on it though. I just tried to be the squeaky wheel.

Thanks all for sharing. I will get this done sometime this Fall. Of course there is no hurry now as temps are falling. Whatever a big… :clap2::clap2::clap2:

mpwillis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Monty
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Vert, '92 911 Cabrio
TSB very helpful in opening the work order remotely (seats had prior concern and test done). Parts have been ordered, and working with them for a time to have the job done. Props to Ford Service, and to Joe Murph and the service Dept. at Sansing Ford in Daphne, AL. Great team to work with.

grumblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium

I would seriously like to pour some bleach in whatever pool they hire a lot of service writers from...

Sponsored

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I might wait til next summer to get it done. Maybe the fix will be modified/improved by then.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I even showed my dealer the tsb.... he said that seat back cooling is not an option on my car, only the seats. I just gave up on battling it with the dealer. More incompetence by Ford my dealer.

**Update** - Went in and we both looked at the TSB and they acknowledge the issue. At least they listened and were open about it when I pushed the issue.
Glad you could teach your dealer something they should have already known. :doh: :D

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Just dropped it off to get the TSB taken care of. Thanks to who ever posted it.

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Does this concern all builds with the heated and cooling seats? It so seldom that hot here it may well be 2017 before I can verify if my seats are broken :D

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Does this concern all builds with the heated and cooling seats? It so seldom that hot here it may well be 2017 before I can verify if my seats are broken :D
Yes, all the Premiums without Recaro seating.
Sponsored