Sponsored

Body Shop - Really?

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
So dropped the car off at the body shop, has good reviews, insurance fully backs (a bolt came off of a Lone Star Trucking semi and bounced across the hood and dented the roof right where the windshield meets it just above the rear view mirror)

....I am soooooo pissed right now, they screwed the pooch big time - had the car for a week, repainted the hood but barely fixed the roof line, I guess doing a half ass job of filling the paint and trying to blend is considered how you fix a dent these days...

They left a DIRT chunk in the damn paint on the roof line, and when then brought the car back out it had WHITE OVER SPRAY over half the driver door that was obviously where they didn't have it masked in the paint bay.....

And now that I have had it in the sun, when they "polished" the front they swirled the WHOLE front end - scratches and swirls over both fenders, the hood, the roof looks like they washed it with a sandy rag......

OMG!!!!! :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :mad: :brokenheart:

Wow, Oh and then the idiots took it for a spin, and didnt bother to clean the dirty paint shop foot prints out of the BACK SEAT FLOOR where no work was being done so no reason for them to be back there...... 10 extra miles....

IF you are in Seattle area do not use Hinshaw Autobody....buyer beware....

Ok - rant over...I will go grumble to myself now.
Sponsored

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
I had a similar thing done to my old Honda from Dick Hannahs body shop. I'll never go back.

WKT

I Bleed FORD Blue!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot Grey
This is the kind of thing I'm worried about when I get mine back this week.

Sorry about the bodyshop, Give them hell and make them fix it right!

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
I'd be typing this from jail................

Bob99b5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2007 Mustang GT convertible
This is why the ONLY place I will EVER go is www.autopaintri.com. They are true professionals with great people who take pride in their work.

Sponsored

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
If this was through insurance it seems like it would be pretty easy to get resolved. Tell them you are completely unsatisfied with the work and what you told us, they will send someone to look at it, and ultimately if the Insurance company is worth a dam, they will take it to a different shop of your choice

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
I'd be typing this from jail................
Ha, ha me, too. OP that's horrible...hope you get it all fixed and they pay every penny for it.

The Great Gazoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Silver GT/Auto
Sorry to hear this. I had a minor rear-ender last week and my rear bumper will have to be replaced. I found a shop that is certified by the insurance company. When I drop it off to them, I will be telling them that I have taken a picture of my mileage and will make them write it down on the work order. I will also be telling them there better be 0 extra miles on my car or there will be hell. And lastly, they are NOT to wash my car under any circumstances.

I'm pissed enough already with some stupid broad jumping the gun at a stop light and hitting me. I don't need any extra aggravation with the body shop doing something stupid.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
get your adjuster involved asap. don't except

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
So dropped the car off at the body shop, has good reviews, insurance fully backs (a bolt came off of a Lone Star Trucking semi and bounced across the hood and dented the roof right where the windshield meets it just above the rear view mirror)

....I am soooooo pissed right now, they screwed the pooch big time - had the car for a week, repainted the hood but barely fixed the roof line, I guess doing a half ass job of filling the paint and trying to blend is considered how you fix a dent these days...

They left a DIRT chunk in the damn paint on the roof line, and when then brought the car back out it had WHITE OVER SPRAY over half the driver door that was obviously where they didn't have it masked in the paint bay.....

And now that I have had it in the sun, when they "polished" the front they swirled the WHOLE front end - scratches and swirls over both fenders, the hood, the roof looks like they washed it with a sandy rag......

OMG!!!!! :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :mad: :brokenheart:

Wow, Oh and then the idiots took it for a spin, and didnt bother to clean the dirty paint shop foot prints out of the BACK SEAT FLOOR where no work was being done so no reason for them to be back there...... 10 extra miles....

IF you are in Seattle area do not use Hinshaw Autobody....buyer beware....

Ok - rant over...I will go grumble to myself now.
Thanks for the heads up. I have used two body shops in the past with totally excellent results. 1) Pacific Auto Body (BMW and Merc certified paint shop) in Sodo. Barrett the owner has done work on my BMW M6 for a reasonable price and its impossible to tell where he touched it.

2) De GRazia Auto Body in Lake City Way. They are the Bill Pierre's go to body shop and did a fantastic quick job aligning my Mustangs body panels once I got them (Ford paid for it of course). My panels are all nice a proper now!

Sponsored
OP
OP
hawkbox

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
Thanks for the heads up. I have used two body shops in the past with totally excellent results. 1) Pacific Auto Body (BMW and Merc certified paint shop) in Sodo. Barrett the owner has done work on my BMW M6 for a reasonable price and its impossible to tell where he touched it.

2) De GRazia Auto Body in Lake City Way. They are the Bill Pierre's go to body shop and did a fantastic quick job aligning my Mustangs body panels once I got them (Ford paid for it of course). My panels are all nice a proper now!
Thanks for the heads up, will be reaching out to them.

If anyone else has a suggestion for a shop on the south end toward covington, maple valley, renton, auburn areas...please let me know.

Sorry I didn't get back to this until today! I was doing errands and too pissed to think about it yesterday. Will certainly be reaching out to insurance first AM tomorrow - they recommended and certified them, they will need to fix this!

I was shaky pissed yesterday at those guys, man it is hard to find good, reliable, accountable help any more. Companies have lost sight of the customer, customer service, and expectations that they do what they are being paid for.

Insurance companies and shady folks defrauding the system have made this problem a reality. .:shaking head:. sigh......

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Thanks for the heads up, will be reaching out to them.

If anyone else has a suggestion for a shop on the south end toward covington, maple valley, renton, auburn areas...please let me know.

Sorry I didn't get back to this until today! I was doing errands and too pissed to think about it yesterday. Will certainly be reaching out to insurance first AM tomorrow - they recommended and certified them, they will need to fix this!

I was shaky pissed yesterday at those guys, man it is hard to find good, reliable, accountable help any more. Companies have lost sight of the customer, customer service, and expectations that they do what they are being paid for.

Insurance companies and shady folks defrauding the system have made this problem a reality. .:shaking head:. sigh......
Insurance companies in general focus on the cheapest shops - also,most 1999 Subaru driving owners wont even notice a good job Vs a bad one.
You should def insist on a shop that deals with enthusiast or lux vehicles.

longislander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Pontiac Solstice
I found a shop that is certified by the insurance company. When I drop it off to them, I will be telling them that I have taken a picture of my mileage and will make them write it down on the work order. I will also be telling them there better be 0 extra miles on my car or there will be hell. And lastly, they are NOT to wash my car under any circumstances.
This might not be the best approach...just sayin'.

Christopher_R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP Ruby Red
Yep. Always a good idea to piss off the people who handle your food. So to speak.
We had my wife's Fusion in the body shop a few weeks ago, and I politely requested that the shop not wash the car under any circumstance. The guy assured me that they only use brand new MF towels, but I held my ground. In the end, he said he also doesn't trust other people touching his vehicles and that he would do the same as me. So you never know.

But in the OP's case, yeah, I would be highly ticked off and getting the insurance company to find a new body shop for me.
Sponsored