Sponsored

Window Tinting in IL / Chicagoland

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
I'm in about the same distance to both of them...WHERE DO I GO!? I love the color on that Porsche from DORO website, what a BEAUTY! Just wow! I think that shop is right by BTRcc, looks very familiar.
I'm going to Umbra...they have done tons of my friends cars and stand behind their work with lifetime warranty. They are $220 for standard tint and $320 for ceramic on the mustang
Sponsored

OP
OP
mustangirl

mustangirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium, Race Red
What are ceramic tints, how are they different from the standard?

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
What are ceramic tints, how are they different from the standard?
Ceramic is usually a $80-$100 up charge but they let basically no heat in through the tint. Ever been in a tinted car in the summer and the sun is blaring in the side window and you still feel a bunch of heat from it? Ceramic will make it feel nice and cool. For me the up charge is worth it as I spend 18-20K miles in my car per year

OP
OP
mustangirl

mustangirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium, Race Red
Ceramic is usually a $80-$100 up charge but they let basically no heat in through the tint. Ever been in a tinted car in the summer and the sun is blaring in the side window and you still feel a bunch of heat from it? Ceramic will make it feel nice and cool. For me the up charge is worth it as I spend 18-20K miles in my car per year
Thanks, I ended up googling it :)
I spend about that much time in my car, too, but it's always so friggin cold here I think I might just stick with regular tints. Its's when I roll the windows done in the summer that the sun gets too hot, in which that case the tints won't matter lol

Sponsored

MagneticXV

Magnetic15
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Just got mine back from them as well nino did an awesome job! i got the xpel clear bra and 35% ceramic all around, you can't even tell its there

Youngmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt DIB
any other recommended places? umbra is booked until June.