Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I agree people ooo and ahhh about cooler this and that and 3 radiators, but is it even needed on the 5.0 setup? No one even stopped to ask that question before ooooing and ahhing about a spec list. Totally different engines so it may not even be needed the way the 5.0 is set up vs the 6.2.

Just tossing a spec list out without context means nothing. It's like the years old Apple vs Android debate. Ooooo Ahhhh Android has 4gb of RAM and it looks huge on paper, but it NEEDS that to run smoothly where the iphone can run smooth on 1gb. Not apples to apples comparison and a spec list means little without context and overall function.

The 5.0 already has an oil cooler. I have yet to see anyone racing their 5.0 strip or track say their trans of diff overheated without a dedicated cooler (and we have some serious shops here running in the 8's and 9's); or their car overheated with only 1 radiator vs 3. So I would say that's a non-issue on the 5.0.

In fact the trans and diff coolers on the GT350 are optional add-ons, and only 1 radiator, so obviously Ford determined that the voodoo could run 526hp without them just fine. Clearly for some reason Chevy determined their 6.2 with 60 less hp needed them standard. So it's clearly not an apples to apples comparison listing bits that are different without consideration for the platform differences. Ie. its a non-issue/factor if the 5.0 doesn't need them.

Sad to see people on a Mustang forum digging up every nut and bolt to try to prove somehow the SS is a better value vehicle 20 pounds lighter and 20 more hp but a base price of $5k more; and taking GM numbers as gospel. Unless one believes a car 200 pounds heavier ran as well or better than the C7 real life tests.
Word... Except Android >>> IOS. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
You should tell the guys with the PP that. Most believe there slightly faster due to better tires and gearing. Even mags show a slight lead for the PP.
You know racing isn't just quarter miles right Vin Diesel?

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Around a track, the PP is going to have an even bigger advantage.

thaext

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leet Pony
^ That's totally wrong... The 5th gen interiors in the Stang and Camaro were absolutely atrocious..

Sponsored

~X~

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
^^^ Lol, too true. Unfortunately there are still many people that like to live their lives a 1/4 at time. Reading some of the responses over on the Camaro forums shows a majority of the fanboys there do as well :lol:

Anyway, some will automatically determine the superior car based on 1/4 mile and 0-60 times alone. I like to think most of us here are smarter than that. But seriously, people are saying Ford dropped the ball on this when we already knew the SS was going to have 455 HP and TQ is pretty stupid.
20 HP and 55 TQ more than the GT and some of you here are seriously surprised the SS performed better?

What amazed me more is how their I4 and V6 performed. Despite the power difference I was quite surprised at the similar performance between the EB and Chevy I4 (plus the weight loss helps).
But these times can and will change from reviewer to reviewer. When I was researching the Ecoboost I found 0-60 times ranging from 5.9 to 5.5 (think I saw a 5.4 as well, not too sure). And the 1/4 times ranged from 14.1 to 13.9. So despite what Chevy says their car can do I'm waiting for real world results and even then I'm waiting to see what the amateur drivers on the Camaro forums are going to run. Chances are a lot of them aren't going to reach these hero run numbers.

Oh, and while there's so many people concerned about the GT to SS comparison and dollar to dollar value I'm sitting here thinking that with some bolt-ons and tune the Ecoboost can propel into the 11's and 12's. Compare the cost difference of that to the SS or even their I4 and it'll calm the Chevy fanboys down quick. Just a thought... ;)

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP

~X~

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
^ That's totally wrong... The 5th gen interiors in the Stang and Camaro were absolutely atrocious..
Agreed. In concerns to the 2016, I cannot for the life of me get over how ridiculous it was of the designers to place the middle AC vents where they did :crazy:

The rest of the interior is nice. I'm digging the flat bottom steering wheel and the ambient lighting location is a nice touch. The quality of the materials remains to be seen but overall it's a big step up from the previous gen just as the S550 interior is from the S197.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Yes, I've seen the spec list. I know it has a handful of go-fast bits that don't come standard on the GT, but the PP still has more. It's not an apples to apples comparison.
What does the PP have that's not equal on the 1ss? Just the 6pot front brakes and tower to tower brace. That's it. The 1ss rear brakes are better, so brakes are pretty even. The tires and wheels are even, the 1ss has better cooling. The 1ss has track mode. So I really don't see any advantage the PP has over the 1ss, and if it does, it's very slight.

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
I find it very comical that so many people are stating how much faster the camaro will be on the drag strip and track and when someone points out the $5k worth of mod money a mustang leaves room for they scream "VOIDED WARRANTY!!" I really hope you people realize the only place this car will have an advantage is on a track or drag strip which will already void your warranty anyway. If you are worried about your warranty you will be driving this car on the road. On the road these cars will be comparable given driver skill and road conditions negate most advantages either car has on a track.

Sponsored

oilfieldtrash

likes mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic (still love mustangs though)
I find it very comical that so many people are stating how much faster the camaro will be on the drag strip and track and when someone points out the $5k worth of mod money a mustang leaves room for they scream "VOIDED WARRANTY!!" I really hope you people realize the only place this car will have an advantage is on a track or drag strip which will already void your warranty anyway. If you are worried about your warranty you will be driving this car on the road. On the road these cars will be comparable given driver skill and road conditions negate most advantages either car has on a track.
That's actually the same argument gt owners say about the ecoboost. There's a 7k difference between the ecoboost and gt. So 7k in mods would make for an ecoboost that blows the doors off a gt.

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
What does the PP have that's not equal on the 1ss? Just the 6pot front brakes and tower to tower brace. That's it. The 1ss rear brakes are better, so brakes are pretty even. The tires and wheels are even, the 1ss has better cooling. The 1ss has track mode. So I really don't see any advantage the PP has over the 1ss, and if it does, it's very slight.
Time will tell how quick the little 4 pod 13.6" front & respectable 4 pod 13.3 rear brakes on the 2016 SS will brake fade. 60-0mph is on par with the base GT's 4 pod 13.9" front & single pod 13.0" rear.

It would be nice to see these cars tested with the same tires. Pretty impressive lateral Gs on these cars. Should be enough to put a smile on most people's faces. Even the "it can only go straight" Challenger SRT puts down .9 lateral Gs. When the Lamborghini Countach came out it was putting down an amazing 0.82 lateral Gs. My how times have changed.

classicrockr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 2LT/RS HYper Blue Convertible Camaro
I think the Gen5 Camaro interior actually looks nicer than the Gen6 Camaro interior.
I think the G6 interior looks better than the 2011-2012's, but the 14's & 15's stepped it up quite a bit. The 16's a/c vents are interesting. I don't like the a/c right in my face; the 16's lower vents look like they'll be focused more on your chest/torso and not the face area.

The exterior of the 6th gen is supposed to be "evolutionary" and not be completely different. The 7th gen better be a complete change, and not try to be a stingray Jr.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Time will tell how quick the little 4 pod 13.6" front & respectable 4 pod 13.3 rear brakes on the 2016 SS will brake fade. 60-0mph is on par with the base GT's 4 pod 13.9" front & single pod 13.0" rear.

It would be nice to see these cars tested with the same tires. Pretty impressive lateral Gs on these cars. Should be enough to put a smile on most people's faces. Even the "it can only go straight" Challenger SRT puts down .9 lateral Gs. When the Lamborghini Countach came out it was putting down an amazing 0.82 lateral Gs. My how times have changed.

Cool info. But the GTPP is much much closer to the 1ss then the base. Look at the latel g to see that. :cheers:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Say what? 50% of the people at test and tune night are running stock Camaros, Mustangs, Corvettes, Challengers for heads up street nights, bracket racing, etc. Guess you have never been to a drag strip on a street night or test and tune night with that statement...
I see you like to talk about me....
image.jpg
Sponsored