Sponsored

2015 GT350 a steal at 195,330 (Not Pesos)

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
A car is never an investment. There was never any guarantee that the the 2005 Ford GT was ever going to be worth what it's going for now. There's no guarantee that the GT350 will ever be worth more than MSRP.

There's no such thing as "return on investment" in a car - the market is fickle and trendy same as any other commodity market. If you miss your window you're not going to get any money comparatively and there's no promise that there will ever be a window for any car that was anything but a trailer queen or driven by someone famous.
...never is a pretty strong word, as well as saying "There's no such thing as "return on investment" in a car. You just disproved your point by bringing up the 2005 Ford GT.

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe any of us can predict the future (you and I included ;)), AND, you seem especially worked up about the thought of any car becoming an investment - how come?

Who knows what will happen in the future. All I know is that I can't say "always and never" unless I have a crystal ball...or a magic 8 ball from the 80s. :D
Sponsored

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting and completely true story...

I called a dealership in SC that had a 1 of 1 Triple Yellow, Tech Pack, Black Roof with Black Stripes 2015 GT350 for $10K over MSRP. At the time, I didn't think it was within my reach considering other commitments, so I passed. The dealer ended up getting a deposit within less than a week (of course, the car is still sitting at Flat Rock with the rest of the 2015s), and the car was spoken for.

A few weeks afterwards, I called the dealer to see if the yellow car was still taken. He shared that the person who put the deposit down owned a junk yard and was pretty reclusive. Another buyer called, interested in the 1 of 1 car, and asked to speak with the person who had put the deposit down. Apparently, the junk yard owner was offered $200K for the car, but the junk yard owner would not budge or sell. Interesting. Apparently, at least 2 people thought it was worth $200K or more. :D

I share this, as its interesting to see what the interest level in these cars can be. Now, I don't believe this is indicative of the true market value, but as others have stated, it only take one buyer who's willing to shell out big bucks to help set the market...at least for that one car. :thumbsup:

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
These are the types of dealerships I write directly to Ford about.

I remind them that there are other auto makers that will have my business if this is what Ford continues to allow. To build a kick azz car that competes with the finest is one thing, but to allow dealers to price it beyond all hopes of ever owning one is disgusting at best. Making a nice profit is one thing, price gouging is another. :tsk:
Not sure if anyone mentioned previously in this thread, that in the days of internet searching the highest prices automatically default to the top when searching. Perhaps the words search engine optimization (SEO) come to mind?

Did you notice that on Ebay you can buy a junker $21,000,000 Porsche?

You can also buy a 2016 Honda Accord LX for $80K on Cars.com
http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/645911994/overview/

How bout a new Buick Enclave for $414K - that's a steal:
http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/647674336/overview/

It's a way for dealers to get THEIR cars to the TOP of the search engines and benefit from the default methods that sites like Ebay, Google, Auto Trader, Cars.com use.

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if anyone mentioned previously in this thread, that in the days of internet searching the highest prices automatically default to the top when searching. Perhaps the words search engine optimization (SEO) come to mind?

It's a way for dealers to get THEIR cars to the TOP of the search engines and benefit from the default methods that sites like Ebay, Google, Auto Trader, Cars.com use.
Great points! :thumbsup:

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe

^^^ THIS !!!

I used to be the internet director for the Ford dealership I work at for 9 years (I've been here 16 years now). Most of the auto websites put the highest priced rigs at the top of the sort. Dealers want their cars on top so they are the most visible, so some crappy dealers put big price tags on cars online just to get seen. I never did this and our dealership still doesn't do this.

As for Ford of Kirkland (and other dealers posting crazy asking prices on GT350's), keep in mind that these are just that - "asking" prices. Any serious buyer can go to those dealerships and negotiate a much better/fairer price. On a side note, Ford of Kirkland is one of my biggest competitors (the dealer I work for is within a 50 mile radius of them), so I'm not defending them at all, just pointing out that asking prices do not equal transaction prices.

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
We all understand that asking prices are not transaction prices, but asking $150k markup is as ridiculous as me offering to take $150k plus the car.

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Blue Stripes Tech ETA Feb (US Port) under MSRP

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS

I went over to the Buick Enclave forum (pretty hard to find on the web) and sure enough everyone's up in arms about ADM's - seems to be the default setting for car forums these days. Never a dull moment on an ADM thread eh? :headbonk:

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Who's asking for an ADM on a Buick Enclave

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
Who's asking for an ADM on a Buick Enclave

I was being ironic/sarcastic. . . :lol:

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Why are they doing this?

They can! Frankly what you think doesn't matter as the dealer can set the price wherever they want. More than likely they will take a lower offer and use this as a starting negotiating point and at the end still get a decent ADM.

Also, free marketing. The car on the showroom floor is free marketing, as is everyone talking about it/the price.

And I agree with the post a page back. If I had $5 million an extra $50k wouldn't phase me much if it's a car I absolutely must have in my mind.

SOMEONE will be buying this car and a hefty ADM, while not likely the listed price.

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yes they can ask whatever they want and due to "price fixing" being illegal there isn't much ford can do about this 1 car.

As a consumer I can do what I want. So, I wouldn't even consider getting maintenance done there let alone buy a car from them. I feel this is a blatant rip off and a sign of the environment they offer in their dealership. If they are willing to mark up the car 300% why not try with other maintenance like oil changes, break pads, tires.

Finally, do you really think they would take a reasonable offer even with a slight ADM if they are starting with a unreasonable asking price? I believe no.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Yes they can ask whatever they want and due to "price fixing" being illegal there isn't much ford can do about this 1 car.

As a consumer I can do what I want. So, I wouldn't even consider getting maintenance done there let alone buy a car from them. I feel this is a blatant rip off and a sign of the environment they offer in their dealership. If they are willing to mark up the car 300% why not try with other maintenance like oil changes, break pads, tires.

Finally, do you really think they would take a reasonable offer even with a slight ADM if they are starting with a unreasonable asking price? I believe no.

Exactly. Everyone can do what they want; they can list it high and a customer can not pay it too. It's a free market.

It's not a ripoff to someone. Say I own a house in a specific highly desirable neighborhood for whatever reason. I have the only house there for sale. The market value of my house is $400k based on comparable sales- house size, beds, bathrooms, lot size etc. But I know someone out there will REALLY want to live in this neighborhood and will pay a premium to do so, so I risk it and list it for $600k, $200k over market value, and will take all offers hoping to at least get something over market value.

Someone offers $500k because they REALLY want the house. How is it a ripoff? The true value is public information; their desire to have something specific and not widely available and pay more for it is their prerogative. To you on the outside it may seem like a ripoff but for the person who got the house they're ecstatic and were happy to pay the price to have is versus not have it.

Same with the GT350. Not widely available. The MSRP is on the window sticker; the true price is not hidden. No one taking anyone for a ride if someone voluntarily offers over MSRP knowing the MSRP versus asking price.

I think they will take a reasonable offer. I'm sure if someone offers them $120k they'll take it and the buyer will feel like they got a steal getting tens of thousands off of the asking price. It's typical advertising/negotiating tactics. If they didnt want to sell the car the dealership is free to never advertise it for sale at all.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
[MENTION=13194]Blk2015GT[/MENTION]

Your argument is too logical. But of course it would be ok if it benefits the individual selling, but when it's the one buying it becomes a rip-off.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
[MENTION=13194]Blk2015GT[/MENTION]

Your argument is too logical. But of course it would be ok if it benefits the individual selling, but when it's the one buying it becomes a rip-off.
What else is new. Its the 2000's victim mentality this country now has.

Reactions: _M_

bvdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black Mustang GT
That's where I bought my GT. Those GT350's were listed for $95,000 just a week or two ago, coulda got them cheap!
Sponsored