Infamous

President of Honda
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
I waxed my car a few weeks back. Would like some input on how often one should wax. I also have a Black 2015, so any recommendations on some wax for black cars?
Sponsored

carsontech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
All I have is a carport and my Ruby Red GT is my DD, so I wax after every hand wash. So I wax every one to two weeks. I use a spray wash in between hand washes.

My Ecoboost was race red and seemed easier to keep looking clean longer.

OP
OP
Infamous

Infamous

President of Honda
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
Are there any cons to waxing after every wash? Besides constantly buying wax :p

Sponsored

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
Black? Waxing is needed daily. I keep mine waxed about every 2-3 months.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I wax every oil change on my cars which has only been once so far (full detail- clay, glaze, sealant, paste wax, detail spray etc) with chemical guys v7 hybrid detail spray after every wash keeps it up longer. I'm obsessed with this thing so you can pretty much eat off it any day of the week. It's never dirty...except for front wheels...They get dirty after you go 5 feet and hit the brakes. thanks brembos. At least having satin black wheels helps with that as it takes longer to see the dust.

ColdShotxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT A10 300A Base
My process is once every 3 months, my car gets a nice working of collinite 845 or sealant,. I wash my car usually every weekend so I top up with just a quick spray wax or ultimate detailer. And then once or twice a year everything is stripped off, clayed,, polished and a thorough waxing.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
All I have is a carport and my Ruby Red GT is my DD, so I wax after every hand wash. So I wax every one to two weeks. I use a spray wash in between hand washes.

My Ecoboost was race red and seemed easier to keep looking clean longer.
So you use a combined wash/wax product or do you wash 1st and then wax separately?

Sponsored

carsontech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Wash with maguires wash/wax, then I wax separately. Seems my hand washes and waxes are becoming every 3 weeks now.

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'm doing it about every three weeks right now. If my wash mit isnt gliding across the paint effortlessly, I wax it right after I'm done. Also washing it at least twice a week (three if the weather is bad).

Vader 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 black mustang gt
I also have a black gt and use chemical guys jet seal and collinite 845. I wash weekly and wax every month or try to at least.

MagneticMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
was aiming for every 3 months but waxing is a chore so going to go every 4 months. I do wash once a month minimum and use spray wax after washing

Legacykid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' CO EB
Are there any cons to waxing after every wash? Besides constantly buying wax :p
Everytime you put a LSP(wax, sealant, etc) you should use a decontamination process, such as a clay bar. It helps with bonding the product to your paint. Anytime you use a claybar you are creating micro marring as well. So is it necessary. No. Can you, Sure!

My process is once every 3 months, my car gets a nice working of collinite 845 or sealant,. I wash my car usually every weekend so I top up with just a quick spray wax or ultimate detailer. And then once or twice a year everything is stripped off, clayed,, polished and a thorough waxing.
Great wax choice and technique ^^
Sponsored