Sponsored

EB Mustang Exhaust sound Clip thread.

ultimate warrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
jjsotolongo and lisandra i would go with magnaflow street. I hear they are rather quiet not much over stock except at WOT. And that's why I went with the competition series. And that isn't as loud as I thought it would be either. At least I can hear it at idle now.
I guess i never paid attention to that exhaust.

Considering that on the CJ pony parts review they already had an intake on when they did their install/video.

I'd have to say its the most sensible one to live with on a daily basis. At this point the Magnaflow Street is on the top of my list.

Until someone makes a beautiful sounding single.
Sponsored

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
jjsotolongo and lisandra i would go with magnaflow street. I hear they are rather quiet not much over stock except at WOT. And that's why I went with the competition series. And that isn't as loud as I thought it would be either. At least I can hear it at idle now.
That was my same concern, and why I also went comp. No complaints... I am a bit worried though, if I go turboback. the DP may make it crazy, we'll see. Not sure who else is running comps with a catless DP. I'd love to hear a clip.

TurboMetal

Deadlift or Die.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 5.0
I guess i never paid attention to that exhaust.
Considering that on the CJ pony parts review they already had an intake on when they did their install/video.
I'd have to say its the most sensible one to live with on a daily basis. At this point the Magnaflow Street is on the top of my list.
Until someone makes a beautiful sounding single.
Haven't heard a bad thing about the Street except some thought it was too quiet and wished they went with the comp instead. Lots of positive remarks on the tone from the exhaust. I was waiting on Cobb to see their offer but they went in a coma apparently. When I still had the stock exhaust I was leaving the gas station, windows down, no music... driving slow all i heard was the tires going over the tarmac. Ordered the comp that night.

That was my same concern, and why I also went comp. No complaints... I am a bit worried though, if I go turboback. the DP may make it crazy, we'll see. Not sure who else is running comps with a catless DP. I'd love to hear a clip.
I am also wondering how it will be with a DP but mine will be catted. If I don't like it, I may have a small resonator installed. Gonna have Solo performance DP when the time comes. Their shop is in my town after all. I want a MAP intercooler first though.

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
It's pretty loud.

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Haven't heard a bad thing about the Street except some thought it was too quiet and wished they went with the comp instead. Lots of positive remarks on the tone from the exhaust. I was waiting on Cobb to see their offer but they went in a coma apparently. When I still had the stock exhaust I was leaving the gas station, windows down, no music... driving slow all i heard was the tires going over the tarmac. Ordered the comp that night.

I am also wondering how it will be with a DP but mine will be catted. If I don't like it, I may have a small resonator installed. Gonna have Solo performance DP when the time comes. Their shop is in my town after all. I want a MAP intercooler first though.
I cant deal with a loud exhaust anymore in my life, those days are dead and buried hopefully. So my next move is gonna be a dp, catted, and if i go with the magnaflow (or map possibly, its pretty quiet) im gonna go the resonated route.

If im being honest i quite like the stocker wide open, its everywhere else i dont like it

Sponsored

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
It's pretty loud.
Thanks for the vid... Hard to judge with the music. Also, that EB was all over the place, ran some slow-ish times... Wonder what mods were on it.

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the vid... Hard to judge with the music. Also, that EB was all over the place, ran some slow-ish times... Wonder what mods were on it.
That's my Eco. Best of that day was 13.6 car had issues double shifting. Best time to date is 12.8 @110. Full bolt ons with 91.

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
Around the 4:15 mark you can hear the Eco over the music

TheWildman

Jazz Master
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona EcoBoost Base (PP)
Gigging through the YouTube, I came across this little nugget.
Agency Power cat-back for our EcoBeasts. :D

[ame]

Sponsored

boostedCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange ecoboost
I need to find more pics of their car. The SVE wheels look tempting from their vid

therealdannye

President of Capitol S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deadpool 5.0
I created an axel-back using the same mufflers Magnaflow put in their competition series (or at least that is what I was told...). Love the way this car sounds now.

The welds are amazing... the guys even blacked-out the mufflers. A1 job from Fast Lane Performance Muffler, 12409 Crain Hwy, Brandywine, MD 20613, 301-782-3737 (labor was $125)

Magnaflow Mufflers (#10415) Muffler, 2.25 in. Inlet/2.25 in. Outlet, Stainless Steel, Natural, Each

SummitRacing Tips (#Sum-690032) Exhaust Tip, Stainless, Polished, Straight/Rolled Edge, 2.25 in. Inlet, 3.5 in. Outlet, 10 in. Long, Each

Purchased from http://SummitRacing.com

Quick Video:

Damn, dude. That sounds really nice. And for what... $350? That shop is only an hour from me. I'm pretty tempted.

My only curiosity would be the difference in airflow all the way down the pipes comparing stock to an aftermarket kit. How would tuning be affected with a custom axleback?

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
While I've been an EB fan since it was announce, hell since it was rumored, I've also been in the sounds terrible camp. Recently I've heard a lot of good sounding exhausts on the market that will make a decision more difficult. Next summer can't get here soon enough.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Damn, dude. That sounds really nice. And for what... $350? That shop is only an hour from me. I'm pretty tempted.

My only curiosity would be the difference in airflow all the way down the pipes comparing stock to an aftermarket kit. How would tuning be affected with a custom axleback?
It was $354 exactly... and that included the tip to the guys who work there. Fun part is I can create a catback for less than $500 total (add part and labor).

The shop is nothing but classy and professional. In the country but not "shade tree".

When I deleted the mufflers for that week, the car reported ridiculous mpg... but there was a hit on 0-60 and overall low-end pull. I "live" in 0-80 range so going 190 mph does nothing for me. Adding these mufflers from the muffler delete returned me to 5.3 0-60 and that "push into seat" feel when you hit it down low.

I purchased one of those K&N drop-in air filters and I can't tell a difference from stock. I might get the Roush intake just to be different (on EB) and save my warranty from a stupid local dealer.

I would only get the roush for the sound and looks. Not sure I want the sound since the mufflers sound great already.

The mufflers actually sound better now that I have some miles on them. After a flash back to stock and then adding the tune again, the car sounds much better vs. when I first added the mufflers (lots of engine noise). Someone said that resets the computer and it seemed to work.

Last edited:

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
Solo Performance catback, now I can't wait to get a downpipe

[ame]
Sponsored