Found this after lunch today...

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
We had a major hail storm a year ago May that destroyed a LOT of cars in my area. Including the wife's Honda Pilot and my roof.
I saw a lot of the PDR guys in action in parking lots under huge tents set up by ins. companies. The work is amazing, and this is coming from a former paint and body guy.
But most probably, your hand did this closing the trunk. Didn't realize it until later. I noticed this area is paper thin and just pressing down while waxing, I know better than to close the trunk there. I use two fingers on the flat area and use speed, not torque (LOL!) to close the lid.
Sponsored

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Ahh ok. I'm directly across the bridge from Louisville, in Indiana. You're farther than i expected! I was gonna suggest a cruise.
Now if I was living in the Louisville area I'd sure be up for that:cheers:...hey do you see many new s550s up that way?

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
We had a major hail storm a year ago May that destroyed a LOT of cars in my area. Including the wife's Honda Pilot and my roof.
I saw a lot of the PDR guys in action in parking lots under huge tents set up by ins. companies. The work is amazing, and this is coming from a former paint and body guy.
But most probably, your hand did this closing the trunk. Didn't realize it until later. I noticed this area is paper thin and just pressing down while waxing, I know better than to close the trunk there. I use two fingers on the flat area and use speed, not torque (LOL!) to close the lid.
So it's pretty thin there huh? I thought about taking it in to the dealer to see what the body shop had to say.

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
Can't keep it perfect unless you keep it garaged. I've had to learn to cope with my OCD. But still, you could try the old cold air hot air trick. That's a keyboard cleaner upside down followed by a blow drier or heat gun. That does work better with big debts but worth a shot.

Sponsored

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
Now if I was living in the Louisville area I'd sure be up for that:cheers:...hey do you see many new s550s up that way?
I see more and more everyday. Not quite congested with them, but there's a bit.

OP
OP
bmatt

bmatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, 2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L
I'm on a roll! Just got back from a work trip and I parked my car at the airport, against my better senses. Luckily I had just got some meguiars scratch x 2.0, m105 and m205. Can't really see it now. Can probably work it out even more but have to really look for it to find it now. This was on top of the rear drivers side fender flair (the top flat-ish part)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440098659.419050.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440098710.333504.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TROPCAL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
Soon-2016 GT Premium-Yellow
Sorry to see that dent! But please tell me where did you get your trunk mat from?

OP
OP
bmatt

bmatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Trunk mat is the ford one, ordered at the dealer. Think it was $90 or so?

Sponsored
OP
OP
bmatt

bmatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
saw this posted today on my facebook feed. May be worth a shot

http://speedsociety.com/the-best-way-to-fix-a-dent-on-your-car/?gmg

I've seen this before and thought about it, but if I can get a paintless dent guy that will do it for around $50 I think it'll be the better way to go. I went by my buddies shop the other day and they were wanting me to do a real repair on it, said it would still be noticeable with PDR, they have a guy that does it though. I figure if I'm going to have to paint I'll just leave it for a while.

Sponsored