Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Something arrived today.

Sponsored

Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP Mustang
Removed the sound tube....Wow you guys were right!!! What a royal pain in the butt. Damn that little nut! It does look so much better with it removed imo.
agreed, looks much better. the pain for me was reaching in to get the firewall plug in more than the small PITA nut.
20150809_211621.jpg
20150809_212640.jpg

BlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black s550 PP

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
Its the tube that come out of the stock airbox tube. It feeds engine/intake noise into the cabin. Its useless and adds clutter to the engine bay
Analyiss-2015b.jpeg
Thanks for the info. It begs the question "why" would you want intake noise in the cabin. I prefer to hear a sweet exhaust note

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Thanks for the info. It begs the question "why" would you want intake noise in the cabin. I prefer to hear a sweet exhaust note
No idea. Just roll down the windows and hear that sweet sound.

Sponsored

yessirrom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Convertible
Replaced my windshield for the 2nd time. ugh

SlowRed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red GT
2nd that ^^

Mustm26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
The twice broken windshield owner must be tailgating too much and sucking up stones/debris.

Sponsored

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Maybe not

The twice broken windshield owner must be tailgating too much and sucking up stones/debris.
With all the building in the Austin area there are many dump trucks carrying rocks and stones, and just last week a truck going the opposite way on a two way road lost a bunch of stone. One large rock bounced off the concrete roadway and up into the air. I saw it and floored my Mustang vert thinking I could run under the rock coming down. Big mistake...the large rock missed my windshield...but hit me right in the top of my head. Ouch...immediate bump on head. No broken windshield though.:headbonk:

HULKNASTY

SLOW5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
agreed, looks much better. the pain for me was reaching in to get the firewall plug in more than the small PITA nut.
Sweet! Are YALL just buying universal plugs at autozone or somewhere? Or is there a kit specific for the removal of the tube?

boostedCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange ecoboost
With all the building in the Austin area there are many dump trucks carrying rocks and stones, and just last week a truck going the opposite way on a two way road lost a bunch of stone. One large rock bounced off the concrete roadway and up into the air. I saw it and floored my Mustang vert thinking I could run under the rock coming down. Big mistake...the large rock missed my windshield...but hit me right in the top of my head. Ouch...immediate bump on head. No broken windshield though.:headbonk:
Sorry...but....HAHAHAHAHA

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I was wondering about the glass in my stang. Its a 2015 that I got in march and has more rock chips than my 5 year old BMW windshield.
Same here....
Sponsored