Sponsored

Just made a deal over the phone, cold feet already!

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
having an econobox is great. my wife has one, a sentra lease. i never have to worry about dings and dents, it's been thru the wash maybe 2 times in 2 years, and i drive it like a rental and never have to worry about a thing.

now if i can convince her to turn it in for a F-150 or a charger scat pack one day, that would be great.
Sponsored

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
IMO he doesnt need the focus econobox if he has the F-150 already. my ideal 2 car setup would be exactly that too... an F-150 and a GT, LOL.
This is exactly my 2 vehicle setup and it is absolutely perfect.
Edit: didn't see that you would call this a 2 person 2 vehicle setup lol. The F-150 and mustang are mine the wife drives a Honda.

OP I will put in my recommendation trade the focus and get the V6. Lots of extra money and there is nothing you can't accomplish with an F-150 and a mustang. The V6 vs GT argument is valid but coming from a focus that V6 will feel more than powerful.

That being said it's your decision and if you didn't want this type of crazy response thread you shouldn't ask a group as passionate about vehicles as this forum for any advice on vehicles ;)

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Koons is awesome but trust me, those base GTs will be closer to 31 or 32k when it's all said and done and you're driving off the lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alloye

Stangoholic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If the deal never changes then a deal is a deal right? The way I was raised is if you make a deal then you don't back out. If the dealer wants to play childish games and try and pull a fast one on you then you have every right to walk away, however if they are straight up and honest then backing out simply makes you a coward.
I agree that people should avoid making commitments, verbally or otherwise, if they're not ready to hold up their end. But when it comes to purchasing a vehicle from a franchised dealership, a binding deal doesn't really exist until the terms are settled and agreed upon by all parties in writing. Everything prior to that point is just negotiation, and both sides are well within their rights to propose changes or walk away at any time.

Avdb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Lotus, Raptor
I like toys and also considering a Mustang eb as a third car.

It is better to have what you don't need then to need what you don't have.

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
wow. they must be moving them out for the 16s.
nope. they have been like that since release. bought mine in jan from them 5k off msrp and 3k below invoice

worth the travel

oilfieldtrash

likes mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic (still love mustangs though)
That V6 mustang would replace the focus as a grocery getter/ commuter nicely. And still average in the 20s mpg.

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
I came from an older focus and before I bought the GT, I test drove a V6 and it was worlds better than what I was used to. Had I not been pressured to drive the GT, I think the V6 would have been just fine. I loved the way it drove and sounded. OP, if you buy the 6 without trading in anything, you can always sell the focus if you think 3 vehicles is too much. As long as you have the disposable income, why not? Just listen to what your gut says.

Sponsored

jasonc0604

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Focus SE "Slocus"
I'd rather have my base GT than a fully loaded Eco or the V6.

Just trade the Focus and get the GT, you will be glad you did.

OP
OP
oldrnslwr

oldrnslwr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 F-150, '15 Mustang V6
Not scared off, just distracted. Tornado in TN yesterday knocked trees down on my house, broken roof, lots of storm damage. Family is fine, but it wasn't the best of days.
Sponsored