Procharger Stage 2 Install

emh87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT Premium 6MT
How bad is this surging really? The only thing that worries me about ordering the procharger kit is that the surging is going to bother me a lot. On a scale of 1-10, how bad is the surging problem? 1 being not a problem at all, and 10 being I want to swap to a PD.

OP
OP

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I wouldn't say it was horrible, but it can be a little annoying. I would rate it around a 4 or 5. It wasn't so bad that I didn't want to drive it but when having a brand new car and supercharger setup, I would expect it to run flawlessly.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Yes, everything lines up just fine besides the hood not closing, unless you cut hood. I am not sure about the strut bar.

Yes, the check engine lights will come on because the IMRCs are all unplugged. This will go away if the tune is adjusted correctly.
Really curious to see what your dyno looks like after the Boss intake install. I'm thinking the intake manifold is what is holding my car back at high RPM. Won't know for sure until I datalog, but that's my hunch.

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Surging is annoying. My favorite part of everyday driving is that fun range of low end to mid range part throttle torque, and this setup really murders that area. It's great at low throttle and easy driving. It's powerful at WOT. That 25-50% throttle area is largely interrupted in the normally smooth and enjoyable torque curve by surge, surge, surge.... Fkn annoying. I haven't driven a Procharger canned tune car but they claim to have almost all surging eliminated. I have Lund tuning. He said he can help compensate some for surging in the tune but not much. Some tuner needs to figure out the imrc sh*t for the 2015 and make his millions so we can eliminate this complete pain in the ass. Whoever gets it right will definitely get a good chunk of customers with cash in hand waiting for their product. Alternatives are to unplug them or install a different manifold that requires a new hood or cut your losses and go Whipple which has no imrc.

Tapatalk spelling errors inside!

Sponsored

5.0 Steve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Isn't the GT350 intake for 2016 non IMRC? Not hood cut required then

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
We'll just have to wait for the GT350 intake to be available...who knows when that will be. I really want a boss intake, but don't want to cut the hood like that or drop the motor with motor mounts.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I haven't driven a Procharger canned tune car but they claim to have almost all surging eliminated. I have Lund tuning. He said he can help compensate some for surging in the tune but not much. Some tuner needs to figure out the imrc sh*t for the 2015 and make his millions so we can eliminate this complete pain in the ass. Whoever gets it right will definitely get a good chunk of customers with cash in hand waiting for their product.
We did eliminate 99.99% of it, with our stock kits, stock tunes.
And have literally loads of happy customers each and everyday.
Actually a large number of shops are running our stock tune file,
Because they don't want to mess with it. Which is a huge pat on the back.

We aren't making "millions" as you say, however we have happy customers.
And thats what matters. :headbang::D:ford:

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
We did eliminate 99.99% of it, with our stock kits, stock tunes.
And have literally loads of happy customers each and everyday.
Actually a large number of shops are running our stock tune file,
Because they don't want to mess with it. Which is a huge pat on the back.

We aren't making "millions" as you say, however we have happy customers.
And thats what matters. :headbang::D:ford:
Yeah I guess "millions" is sort of a metaphor. I just wish I could go to a stock tune and try it for myself. Otherwise, it will just be a game of waiting around until whoever and whenever figures it out and then paying them whatever that costs in addition to what I've already got wrapped up in what I thought would be a better product.

I'm happy with the kit at full throttle and light driving, but everything in between is less than great by a long shot. I miss being able to just give this engine about half throttle and just enjoying the seamless pull and smooth transition out of power when the engine rpm starts to match the throttle input. That no longer is possible here.

I wish Lund would look at whatever you're doing in your tunes and somehow close the door.

Maybe ya'll can let me take one of your shop cars for a test drive up there one day for comparison.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Maybe ya'll can let me take one of your shop cars for a test drive up there one day for comparison.
Whenever you are here in KC. :thumbsup: (we took it to OKC for a SCT event)
We may bring it down to Dallas for the SCT event as well

Other then that, it literally gets drive every single day, since its a company car, and then someone takes it home at night.

Sponsored

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
Is surging just something that's happening with a lund tune on procharger or is this a centrifugal issue altogether with the tune? I know whipple eliminates the imrc but what about voretch guys, are they having the same issues?

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Is surging just something that's happening with a lund tune on procharger or is this a centrifugal issue altogether with the tune? I know whipple eliminates the imrc but what about voretch guys, are they having the same issues?
I'd love to know. I'm assuming it's a tune and IMRC issue with any setup that retains IMRC valves in the intake. I only know from my own experiences what happens with mine.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
I can confirm that the latest PC tune completely removes the surging. I do believe that I'm experiencing the issue with the intake tube collapsing, as sometimes it feels like all the power is gone when I drive it and other times, it's full on ridiculous power. But, the drivability is just as good as the car was stock now.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
We had the issue in the very beginning (everyone did)
We spent months getting the tune nailed down.
Hundreds of dyno pulls, thousands of street miles.

The tune we ship currently is 99.999999% surge free.
When used on our system as it ships (our injectors, intercooler, etc)

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I can confirm that the latest PC tune completely removes the surging.
Thanks for the update! :)

I do believe that I'm experiencing the issue with the intake tube collapsing, as sometimes it feels like all the power is gone when I drive it and other times, it's full on ridiculous power. But, the drivability is just as good as the car was stock now.
It should happen all the time, everytime if you have that. However once you get that stage 2 intercooler, we can get you that inlet tube as well. :) :cheers::headbang:
Sponsored