Sponsored

First EU Mustang arrived at a dealer (germany)

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Found this image on the German forums, have a look to the left & right side of the roof. The roof is lower on the right side, or maybe to high on the left!

I'm wondering if this the reason why they have the lower left side window & crooked break-light.

That's really noticeable!! You have it flush on the left and then a gutter on the right, that to me is bad setup on the production line of the components before being welded together :eyebulge:

I have got hope that this is just a very bad one off after looking again at the pics of the german cars in this thread http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26580 :hail:
Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
The weird part is that Ive been comparing this pic with others and actually the gutter is supposed to be there, so it could be that the left side of the roof needs to come down.

Not sure what we will do here in Europe, either demand discounts or have it fixed. Fixes that could lead to other issues in the future I'm afraid!

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
The weird part is that Ive been comparing this pic with others and actually the gutter is supposed to be there, so it could be that the left side of the roof needs to come down.

Not sure what we will do here in Europe, either demand discounts or have it fixed. Fixes that could lead to other issues in the future I'm afraid!
In the other thread I linked to I would agree with you when looking at the yellow car but when you look at the black car it appears the roof sits higher and then on the silver one the roof sits flush.....

That defect can't be fixed as it will mean the roof welds being detached and re-welded, which will never happen as it's a main part of the cars structure etc.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I guess there will be lot's of complaints coming soon! But mostly I don't understand how a factory of this magnitude can let this happen...

Sponsored

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I don't understand it either. The settings are plugged into the system for the robots to follow those commands and measurements. I can understand there is tolerances but these differing results are a joke!!

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
This has to be an oddity. It can't be the norm or the forums would be alight with complaints. There are plenty talking about window alignment but I've not seen any bemoaning roof fit.

Unless its a pre-production model I also don't see how an automated process can produce this anomaly however. Or how QC could let it go.

EDIT: I would refuse to accept this car, if it's as bad in the flesh as it looks in the pic, without a sizeable discount. As Stark says it is not fixable.

Last edited:

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
I have seen these cars myself and its not the roof which is not welded straight, its the window which is not fitted straight.

The window tilts deeper on the left, raising the right hence the brake light looks crooked on either side of the light itself.

The brakelight is actually fitted to the roof as far as i know.

CruiserT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1 (2021), 428 CobraJet (1967)
There are many posts here from US owners who confirmed it is not just the rear window, its the body that is wrong.

FelixGER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2015 EU / Race Red
Of course it´s fixable. People on this forum got a new window or the same window out and in again and it looks fine after that. Maybe the whole car is crooked, so it will only be a workaround but as long as you don´t see it...

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Of course it´s fixable. People on this forum got a new window or the same window out and in again and it looks fine after that. Maybe the whole car is crooked, so it will only be a workaround but as long as you don´t see it...
If it's the window that's at fault its fixable. If the roof has a gutter at one side and is flush at the other it's not economically fixable.

IF.

I don't believe the pictures tell the whole/true story.

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
There are many posts here from US owners who confirmed it is not just the rear window, its the body that is wrong.
If it's the window that's at fault its fixable. If the roof has a gutter at one side and is flush at the other it's not economically fixable.

IF.

I don't believe the pictures tell the whole/true story.
I certainly hope that its not the roof....if the roof, then i for one will not be doing anything about it. Perhaps not the window either. But i will be checking my car over and over and over again. Top to toe, left, right and center!

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Being that our cars have been specifically ordered, it will be hard to refuse them as a replacement would be many months if not a year away.

Yeah Nah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT Fastback
That is really poor quality, really poor! I zoomed into the photo, the difference stands out like dog's ball. When did they start production? How long have they had to rectify this issue? I'll be embarrassed when my mates come around and they see this.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
It is really hard to tell with the picture as one side is in shadow. I will head to the US dealer in Wiesbaden this afternoon and take a look at the us spec models and snap a pic of the windows to see
Sponsored