Sponsored

New cold air kit from PMAS No tune required.

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
That's weird. Did you try just plugging the harness in as shipped?
yes.

<rant>
i'm piecing together a complete rear end at the moment. i've dropped my subframe to install delrin. i've done LTH. and i've never felt as helpless as i do trying to get this ***damn intake to work :(
</rant>

sorry for the rant, i've been extremely patient up until now, but everybody has a breaking point!
Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
That was me last week ; )

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
boardkat pm me your email address as well as the MAF serial number listed on the 37pt flow sheet included with your intake, I've run into a similar issue before, and fixed it

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
well dammit all, but somethings got to pay for the mods.....feel free to hit me up anytime I'm currently in school in alabama so i'm an hour behind you and im usually up till about 12 local, so 1am eastcoast. I'm subscribed to this thread so i try to reply pretty quick..trying to keep the momentum going in this thread.
I hope you will reply with Roll Tide and not War Eagle:cheers:

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Well damn Todd didn't realize how close you were I'm down at Ft. Rucker
You're about 240 miles from me as you are down near Dothan.

Sponsored

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
ok. update time:

alex sent me updated temp in/out files. i flashed them onto the new harness, and no dice, same issues. i *know* the files are taking, because when i poll in HPX software, i can see the new values reflected. in an act of desperation, i swapped the old harness in and got the same behavior i'd witnessed before: -15f temps, rough idle, etc. for the fun of it, i flashed the new files to the old harness that was suspected to be dysfunctional - at least i was getting IAT/oil temps on that one, was my thinking. well what do ya know?! temps were now reading "normal" (75deg - see caveat below in issues section).

so i took the car out for a spin, no warnings, no golden wrench. and.... holy. shit. i have a very sensitive "butt in seat", and could definitely feel a difference. i'm going to hot swap stock and PMAS when i get my car tuned on the dyno next month to confirm my feeling that i picked up some decent power.

issues i noticed:
1.) the car stalled once when i put it into neutral coasting to a stop at an intersection. i also noticed that when i kept it in gear until almost completely stopped, my A/F went pig rich (9-10ish) for a few seconds, before going back to what i normally see at idle (13.9-14.3). i kept a close eye under WOT, and i didn't see anything out of the ordinary (11-12ish). i'm running a lund R3 91 octane tune fwiw, so these A/F probably don't compare well with stock tune numbers.
2.) alex and brent mentioned an issue with "fluidity" of IAT - i *think* that's what i observed. when i started the car up, it read 75 and stayed there (even though i my stock MAF was reading mid-90s a few minutes previously). after 2-3 minutes it moved to 84, then another 3-4 mins went to 97, then another 3-4 when to 113. then it suddenly dropped to low 100s, and went back up to 113 while cruising. is this what nick is working on brent/alex?

i still want to get in touch with nick tomorrow to discuss the roadmap for optimizing the harness, but i'm going to leave this on for now and see how it does on the daily grind and in competition this weekend. stay tuned! :D

.. and a HUGE thank you to alex for getting me the files i needed to be up and running. and brent for playing middle man and for being a genuinely good guy through all of this.

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Yessir, please do a kam reset and idle relearn that should alleviate the stalling issue, the iats for whatever reason have favorite temps to sit at but once reaching a sustained cruise should be near displayed ambient, my butt responded the same and so did the dyno, numbers coming by friday

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
If your iats dip to an obviously low indiaction, i.e. 75 when you know its 90 outside please pm me so i can make corrections to the iat file, and regarding the iats they were probably reading the temp it was at prior to being installed (garage, house, trunk) and then heated up to underhood temps, and yes Nick is hard at work to get the iats to read with a similar pattern to the oem iat

Last edited:

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
it was definitely more than 75 when i pulled the stock MAF - it last read 99 (i fired up the car to check before install). if you have thoughts on what needs to change in the temp files, let me know.

that said, they didn't ever dip to that level, it's just where it first started, and i don't think i got a true reading until after about 8-10 minutes of driving.
Sponsored