Sponsored

New cold air kit from PMAS No tune required.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I'll hold my doubts until the sheets are posted, but 67hp (or more if the Airraid/AFE filter raised it from stock 5hp using the 381 as the baseline), a 20% gain in overall rwhp, from just a tune and CAI is a big pill to be asked to swallow. That is unheard of in a ten years of current era GT mustangs
Sponsored

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
The dyno belongs to Matt Hussey, owner of Pro Master automotive in enterprise al., he's actually a little pissed at me because his 2013 gt with jlt, tune, and headers only put down 408 in similar weather, so this past weekend he was finally inspired to install his procharger kit, yes those numbers are low, he admits he has a stingy dyno, just recently there was a local kit car dealer there tuning a 445 windsor equipped factory 5 cobra and it put down 460 hp, the guy said if this was on his dyno he would have eclipsed 500 easliy, but his was down for service.

Sorry for rambling, to Brent the IAT table that i wrote arent as fluid as watching the coolant temp gauge, you know single digit resolution as temps warm up, but the tables themselves are much more responsive to temperature changes.

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
The dyno belongs to Matt Hussey, owner of Pro Master automotive in enterprise al., he's actually a little pissed at me because his 2013 gt with jlt, tune, and headers only put down 408 in similar weather, so this past weekend he was finally inspired to install his procharger kit, yes those numbers are low, he admits he has a stingy dyno, just recently there was a local kit car dealer there tuning a 445 windsor equipped factory 5 cobra and it put down 460 hp, the guy said if this was on his dyno he would have eclipsed 500 easliy, but his was down for service.

Sorry for rambling, to Brent the IAT table that i wrote arent as fluid as watching the coolant temp gauge, you know single digit resolution as temps warm up, but the tables themselves are much more responsive to temperature changes.
Not trying to throw a wrench in anybodys party here, but will PMAS/Nick himself have an updated patch for the software???

Sandeale, I appreciate your help in the matter and I'm sure you've written a patch that is functional, but I'd like to know when and if PMAS/Nick himself will address and remedy the IAT reading malfunction.

If anybody feels that I'm being impatient, well I'm trying not to be.

I'm trying to be as diplomatic as possible and if my own patience wears thin, then I'll just return the intake and everyone can chalk me up to be one of the black sheep, neigh sayers.

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
BLK2015GT, I agree which is why i was pissed that the car started acting up and i couldnt get subsequent pulls made, and why I've also told others to take the results with a grain of salt, but we (my tuner and I) went through all the dyno settings between the 2 pulls and everything was identical so weve discounted erroneous readings for now.

I just got off the phone with the dyno owner, he's currently tending to his wife at the hospital and will let me know when I can get back on his dyno, he did say NLT Friday.

As soon as I get definitive results I'm posting them, how do you guys want the info, would a single sheet showing both runs (Stock/PMAS) overlayed be sufficient?

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
I recently spoke (through text) to Nick, and as of yesterday they were testing the updated temp files trying to improve the fluidity, and i've been running my temp files now with no issue for almost 2 weeks.

Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Also, how long have you been driving the car around with the IATs reading normally.

Mine was good driving around intially, for the first day. Drove about 30 to 45 minutes and it was functioning normally. Second day, it froze at 98.

Just trying to gain an understanding of why it would function correctly initially, then cease functioning afterwards. How do I verify if it is a sofrtware issue or its a harness issue or both?
Mine have been wonky from day one. Each update has been better and better. I DD my car. About 600 miles on the intake and everything is running perfect.

I'll hold my doubts until the sheets are posted, but 67hp (or more if the Airraid/AFE filter raised it from stock 5hp using the 381 as the baseline), a 20% gain in overall rwhp, from just a tune and CAI is a big pill to be asked to swallow. That is unheard of in a ten years of current era GT mustangs
It's also the only intake with wait what's that thing called oh right a fully functional MAF. You get a full blown beast mode intake WITH programmable MAF

Awesome that's great to hear I might just load your files up today.

Not trying to throw a wrench in anybodys party here, but will PMAS/Nick himself have an updated patch for the software???

Sandeale, I appreciate your help in the matter and I'm sure you've written a patch that is functional, but I'd like to know when and if PMAS/Nick himself will address and remedy the IAT reading malfunction.

If anybody feels that I'm being impatient, well I'm trying not to be.

I'm trying to be as diplomatic as possible and if my own patience wears thin, then I'll just return the intake and everyone can chalk me up to be one of the black sheep, neigh sayers.
Like I said and Sandeale also confirms they are perfecting the CSV files. There are no negative side effects other then the screen not reading fluid numbers.

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
I recently spoke (through text) to Nick, and as of yesterday they were testing the updated temp files trying to improve the fluidity, and i've been running my temp files now with no issue for almost 2 weeks.
I'm glad the temporary files are functioning for you.

As a paying customer, I was trying to contact Nick via email again, but he hasn't responded to me yet.

Is there an ETA for the files per Nick?

An AirAid Intake is sitting waiting for me back at home which I'm planning to install after dremelling out the Molded Venturi part out.

If your dyno numbers turn out to really be that high of a gain and I skip out on the PMAS intake, then egg on my face for missing out on it...

Really trying to be diplomatic here without disparaging PMAS.

As nicely as I can say right now, I feel like I'm in limbo waiting for this software patch and I'm reminded everytime I visit this thread how much my frustration is building...Along with the fact that I ordered another intake just in case this PMAS intake issues isn't resolved. So as of now I've put out $860.00 because PMAS didn't release a functioning intake (which many of us have paid for already).

To those who feel I'm being impatient...I have a dyno appointment to install other mods this week. I'm not rearranging my work schedule and dyno appointment because PMAS can't get his software patch out in a timely manner for the product that I've purchase already.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I'm glad the temporary files are functioning for you.

As a paying customer, I was trying to contact Nick via email again, but he hasn't responded to me yet.

Is there an ETA for the files per Nick?

An AirAid Intake is sitting waiting for me back at home which I'm planning to install after dremelling out the Molded Venturi part out.

If your dyno numbers turn out to really be that high of a gain and I skip out on the PMAS intake, then egg on my face for missing out on it...

Really trying to be diplomatic here without disparaging PMAS.

As nicely as I can say right now, I feel like I'm in limbo waiting for this software patch and I'm reminded everytime I visit this thread how much my frustration is building...Along with the fact that I ordered another intake just in case this PMAS intake issues isn't resolved. So as of now I've put out $860.00 because PMAS didn't release a functioning intake (which many of us have paid for already).

To those who feel I'm being impatient...I have a dyno appointment to install other mods this week. I'm not rearranging my work schedule and dyno appointment because PMAS can't get his software patch out in a timely manner for the product that I've purchase already.
The thing I'm confused by is everything is working. The numbers arnt converting properly for the digital readout. My car hasn't blown up. Everything else works. Plus I have the accelerometer up 24/7. There's no reason to panic about what the iat display. Especially since Tim tracked his car on those same files as you. Not sure what more I can tell you. Plug it in and stop worrying.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Overlays. Also if you could state how much timing you're running on the pmas on whatever the highest run is.

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Easy enough request, ill post peak timing recorded for each run and I'll overlay highest readings from both setups, none of that shady lowest stock part vs highest (insert part here) bull crap

Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
It would be nice to see the A/F of the pulls between intakes as well as s/l term fueling. I have yet to understand how a maf signal is maintaining A/F if the calculation is based on -28F. I am also confused why my PID shows IAT and Ambient Air Temp and after removing the intake and going back to stock my Ambient Air read -F's for a few driving cycles until it returned to normal. My ambient temp on my radio displayed normal all the time but IAT was negative. I'm a little lost on how its able to run with false temps.

What I have gathered from Ford is ECT, IAT and AAT should all read roughly with in 30F on a stone cold car.

You appear to have more experience with this, do you have anything to add?

If anyone has an IAT file that works could send it to me that would be great :)

The Guardian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Guard GT
I am very interested to see some dyno results from this CAI. I am very interested in buying one once all of the issues are resolved.

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
I had the same issue regarding iats , the original temp files had my iat reading 207, the car wouldnt run, the revised temp tables were more in line but real slow to react to temp changes, the tables i run now are more reactive and reflect previous temps with the oe airbox and sensor. Tim pm me your email

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
448whp with only a tune and a pmas intake? lol

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Really bro, every other post states to hold judgement until the car is back on the dyno and this is what you post...."lol"...how about some adult conversation regarding why this is improbable, something that could be considered a contribution, instead of asinine crap
Sponsored