Sponsored

Car shipping company owes me $3,500

victorley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost
Quicken auto transport destroyed my car taking it off the trailer.. I got my car 2 weeks late and I still had to pay them the full amount of the transportation.
image.jpg
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Holy shit. More details please.

Sponsored

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
Why you took delivery is beyond me, they need to refund you the transportation too and you need to report this buffoon. I honestly cannot believe my eyes, you shouldn't keep that car even if it looks like nothing happened after it gets fixed. Make them buy the car or compensate you heavily.

OP
OP
victorley

victorley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost
I moved from Washington state to Virginia.. Every company was asking for $1600 to ship it... I found this company called quicken auto transport that was asking for $1000.. So trying to save some money I went with the cheap one.. They estimated a 4 day arrival.. On the 4th day they told me that they ran into some complications.. And that it was going to be 2 days late..( I figured it was caused by traffic.. Little did I know they were waiting for the parts to come in to get it fixed and turn my vehicle without telling me that they wrecked it)..well the parts were taking longer to get there then they expected so they ended up calling me to let me know that my car was dropped off at a random shop and had a small scratch on the back bumper and it was getting taking care off... He said "there is no need to call the insurance I am paying out of pocket and my deductible is $2500 this will take me about $300 to fix".. And that it was going to take about 3 more days.. I found out his insurance information after long hours of searching and sent a rep to go inspect the damages. The insurance rep sent me these pictures of the "small scratch on the bumper".. And will all original parts it ended up being $3500.. The exhaust was caught on something when they were taking it down from the trailer and instead of stoping and checking it out he just kept backing it up and ended up tearing off my back bumper and they broke my tail light when the bumper came off .. And I still have to pay him the full amount of the car shipping...

Marino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
I moved from Washington state to Virginia.. Every company was asking for $1600 to ship it... I found this company called quicken auto transport that was asking for $1000.. So trying to save some money I went with the cheap one.. They estimated a 4 day arrival.. On the 4th day they told me that they ran into some complications.. And that it was going to be 2 days late..( I figured it was caused by traffic.. Little did I know they were waiting for the parts to come in to get it fixed and turn my vehicle without telling me that they wrecked it)..well the parts were taking longer to get there then they expected so they ended up calling me to let me know that my car was dropped off at a random shop and had a small scratch on the back bumper and it was getting taking care off... He said "there is no need to call the insurance I am paying out of pocket and my deductible is $2500 this will take me about $300 to fix".. And that it was going to take about 3 more days.. I found out his insurance information after long hours of searching and sent a rep to go inspect the damages. The insurance rep sent me these pictures of the "small scratch on the bumper".. And will all original parts it ended up being $3500.. The exhaust was caught on something when they were taking it down from the trailer and instead of stoping and checking it out he just kept backing it up and ended up tearing off my back bumper and they broke my tail light when the bumper came off .. And I still have to pay him the full amount of the car shipping...
Contact your insurance.

Codog23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Did you sign an agreement of any kind when you hired them. Something that spells out what happens if the car is damaged during delivery? You should not have to pay a dime and they should keep that car and get you a knew one. Why should you have to immediately drive a car that needed that kind of repair and if it is reported you will lose a ton of resale value in the future because of carfax. Check any agreements you signed with the shipping company very carefully. So sorry this happened to you!

Sponsored

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
OMG....

Quicken auto transport destroyed my car taking it off the trailer.. I got my car 2 weeks late and I still had to pay them the full amount of the transportation.
OMG.... I would have never Signed off on this car, I would have taken photos, and called the Company and talked with someone there....and on top of that it shows up two weeks late....... This is hideous, I have had cars shipped and they were on time and no damage to the car..... So sorry to hear about this...... But at a $2500 deductible is absolutely hideous, I realize that gives you lower monthly insurance payment, but now it comes back to bit you in the ass....... Sorry on this and your car...... I'm hoping this all works out for you.... :doh:

OP
OP
victorley

victorley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost
OMG.... I would have never Signed off on this car, I would have taken photos, and called the Company and talked with someone there....and on top of that it shows up two weeks late....... This is hideous, I have cars shipped and they were on time and no damage to the car..... So sorry to hear about this...... But at a $2500 deductible is absolutely hideous, I realize that gives you lower monthly insurance payment, but now it comes back to bit you in the ass....... Sorry on this and your car...... I'm hoping this all works out for you.... :doh:
The shipping company has the $2500 deductible... Not me..I haven't signed for the vehicle yet.. It's still at the shop I am waiting for their insurance to get the funds to fix it .. But I have an appointment on Thursday to get legal advice so hopefully they can just keep my car
Sponsored