Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I'm not sure 3-500k would help me LOL. I've had the same amount of disposable income for the last 10-15 years even though I make about twice as much as I did back then. Everything is getting so damn expensive. I paid 39k for my '06 Lariat but in '12 I paid 45k for a XLT that hardly had anything!
Jesus Christ. What in the world do you do for a living that gives you $500k in disposable income A YEAR?!
Sponsored

McCarthy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Currently i spend $500 a month on gas so if it doubled... Yeah i'd be looking at some changes...

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Jesus Christ. What in the world do you do for a living that gives you $500k in disposable income A YEAR?!
Hah, wasnt supposed to read like that. My disposable income is but a fraction of that. I meant that even if my annual pay was that much, I'd find things I gotta have to make my disposable income what it has been the last decade.

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
i've been learning to control my spending. in fact i was able to put away 11k in 4 months when i started 2 Roth IRA accounts for us back in january to meet the april 15th deadline. that's unreal, since i have never been able to save any money, ever.

i dumped my expensive hobbies, like r/c car racing, buying guns/ammo, and modding my subaru wrx. thank god i'm satisfied with my car now and don't feel the need to mod it, turning it into another money pit.

it took me 15 years to learn how to control my spending, but at least i finally figured it out.
I'm pretty good about my investments and squirrel away 10% of my pay. Much better than I was doing just five years ago. I dont own a home or have kids but make pretty good money so Uncle Sam picks my bones dry.

Like another member, I have an RC addiction (24 cars in my house right now) and a myriad of other hobbies.

Sponsored

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
Quite true... along with quite a few other products, and the same could almost be said about our income as well.
You're wrong about the income, the US average disposable income is similar if not somewhat higher than in Europe.

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang

Sponsored

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
Gas is killer lol, I'm at the gas station every other day.

Oh well, that's why I have a job.

Waylap1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
Gas is a lot like milk. I certainly don't even look at the cost of a gallon of milk at the grocery store...why? Because I'm buying it anyway.
If gas were $10 a gallon and I had some neat idea of trading my Mustang for a hybrid, I would lose on the trade in, I would lose on the new purchase price and then save maybe 20-30 a week for less gas.. I'd be better off keeping what I have and cut back on stupid things like Lattes and Monster drinks.

OP
OP
MagneticA

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
You're wrong about the income, the US average disposable income is similar if not somewhat higher than in Europe.
Yeah, it's hard to lump all of Europe together because different countries can vary greatly. But disposable income is difficult to judge anyway because so much is dependent on what families decide to take on as their lifestyle. Ex. Coworkers of mine who take home the same amount as I do don't have nearly the disposable income that I do because of certain lifestyle choices.

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
Yeah, it's hard to lump all of Europe together because different countries can vary greatly. But disposable income is difficult to judge anyway because so much is dependent on what families decide to take on as their lifestyle. Ex. Coworkers of mine who take home the same amount as I do don't have nearly the disposable income that I do because of certain lifestyle choices.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median_household_income