Sponsored

Procharger Stage 2 Install

ATTFighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Why hold off?
This thread is about cars having issues that have been custom tuned.

We have tons and tons of happy customers making killer power with our stock system and stock tunes. :)

Its easy:

Find a dealer of ours. (there is a few on here)
Order yourself an out of the box STG2 system.
Install it, load our supplied tune
Smile for days!

* I only said STG2, because well its not much more $$$, and the power increase is nice and potential down the road.
But people who have longtube headers can't use the procharger tune correct? Since the procharger tune isn't tuned for headers as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I would drive my car to Boostworks RIGHT NOW if I thought you could give me a some dyno time and get me over this timing hump.

Then call us up and make an appointment.. ;) I think we have a pretty good track record with the S550.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
But people who have longtube headers can't use the procharger tune correct? Since the procharger tune isn't tuned for headers as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
True, we can only verify what we have here.
And that is a 100% bone stock car.
And a car that is 100% stock other then cat-back.

We can't mess with headers/no cats/etc due to liability and emissions reasons.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
True, we can only verify what we have here.
And that is a 100% bone stock car.
And a car that is 100% stock other then cat-back.

We can't mess with headers/no cats/etc due to liability and emissions reasons.
Well I should be good then. Catback is the only other mod for me. I have the Z06 if I want to go faster. :D

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Well I should be good then. Catback is the only other mod for me. I have the Z06 if I want to go faster. :D
I don't know where you are going fast....
Last time I was out there the speed limit was 55mph on the highways. ;)

Sponsored

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
I don't know where you are going fast....
Last time I was out there the speed limit was 55mph on the highways. ;)
....plus aren't you just going in circles in Hawaii a la Nascar? (I keeeed, I keeeed...my cousin lives on the big island!)

Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche 911 Turbo S & 2016 Shelby GT350R
Worked with Sam at Coastal on some throttle settings in my tune with hptuners. Greatly minimized the issue, I feel it might be compressor surge due to too small of a valve on my setup. Will replace that and perhaps this could nip it.

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Then call us up and make an appointment.. ;) I think we have a pretty good track record with the S550.
Called three times this afternoon and left a message, never heard anything back?

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
So I put 100 octane gas in the car and ran it again with no changes, 612rwhp and 486rwtq. An improvement with gas of 50hp and 50 torque. Not sure what that means for my local 93 supply. Still low, there's HO kits that make that much or more. Lund is apparently out of town.til next week I heard from someone else waiting for his help, but I had no idea. Guess I'll wait.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So I put 100 octane gas in the car and ran it again with no changes, 612rwhp and 486rwtq. An improvement with gas of 50hp and 50 torque. Not sure what that means for my local 93 supply. Still low, there's HO kits that make that much or more. Lund is apparently out of town.til next week I heard from someone else waiting for his help, but I had no idea. Guess I'll wait.
You are making progress, that's all that matters. I called the shop today, they were supposed to call me back but never heard from them. They have had the car since Monday. Hopefully will hear something tomorrow.

Boost still around 10lbs?

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
You are making progress, that's all that matters. I called the shop today, they were supposed to call me back but never heard from them. They have had the car since Monday. Hopefully will hear something tomorrow.

Boost still around 10lbs?
Yeah, somewhere between 9.5-10.5 at the top, it goes by so fast without it being on the graph its impossible to tell. It's holding all the timing that I believe he commanded for it with 100 octane, but I'm guessing with zero knock retard, i mean FLAT 0 on boost, that he can add a degree or two and watch what happens.

That's my hope, anyway. I'm wondering about my local gas supply and where to try new gas at, though. All I know is, Not Shell.

Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche 911 Turbo S & 2016 Shelby GT350R
My 93 sucks. Hence why I switched to e85.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
I'm the one with the Yellow Mustang and HO kit reference in the article. I just wanted to pop in and say that the new HO tune that matches the STG2 stuff mentioned in this thread was installed today and made a HUGE difference for me. Stutter/bucking is virtually gone. I can feel it very minimally, but I must be hitting that vacuum/boost zone issue at certain times at partial throttle, but power is way up just after the updated tune and driveability is so close to stock now, that it's not even a problem. I was previously throwing rich codes on both banks which was lowering power quite a bit.

I'm running on decent quality 91 at the moment, because there aren't any gas stations close that have 93 and I had leftover 91 in the tank since I wasn't getting full power with the previous tune anyway. I do have a station close that has 92 and as soon as I empty my tank a bit more, I'll fill up with that which should improve it even more. Grrr to the gas stations up on the North side of KC (MO side)!!!

Hopefully I can get upgraded to the Stage 2 kit soon. As Procharger stated earlier in the thread, I have the upgrade sitting there waiting on me and I couldn't make it out due to work hours (been working nights) and not really having an easy way to get there and back without the car. Finding someone that wants to follow you there and back a couple times is not always easy.

I did a quick 0 - 80 run after seeing the results from a competitor. I'd say that I'm not too far away from their 4.5 second number. I'm guessing ~5secs, even with the 3.73's. I'm also running on a square 275/40/19 set of A/S's (P-Zero Nero's) that I put on back in October still. I need to go put the regular P-zero's back on which should help with traction quite a bit.

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
I'm the one with the Yellow Mustang and HO kit reference in the article. I just wanted to pop in and say that the new HO tune that matches the STG2 stuff mentioned in this thread was installed today and made a HUGE difference for me. Stutter/bucking is virtually gone. I can feel it very minimally, but I must be hitting that vacuum/boost zone issue at certain times at partial throttle, but power is way up just after the updated tune and driveability is so close to stock now, that it's not even a problem. I was previously throwing rich codes on both banks which was lowering power quite a bit.

I'm running on decent quality 91 at the moment, because there aren't any gas stations close that have 93 and I had leftover 91 in the tank since I wasn't getting full power with the previous tune anyway. I do have a station close that has 92 and as soon as I empty my tank a bit more, I'll fill up with that which should improve it even more. Grrr to the gas stations up on the North side of KC (MO side)!!!

Hopefully I can get upgraded to the Stage 2 kit soon. As Procharger stated earlier in the thread, I have the upgrade sitting there waiting on me and I couldn't make it out due to work hours (been working nights) and not really having an easy way to get there and back without the car. Finding someone that wants to follow you there and back a couple times is not always easy.

I did a quick 0 - 80 run after seeing the results from a competitor. I'd say that I'm not too far away from their 4.5 second number. I'm guessing ~5secs, even with the 3.73's. I'm also running on a square 275/40/19 set of A/S's (P-Zero Nero's) that I put on back in October still. I need to go put the regular P-zero's back on which should help with traction quite a bit.
That's cool man - I read over your whole install review and gave it a lot of consideration when I was deciding what to buy. The Stage 2 install wasn't too bad with a couple annoying exceptions, but to me having the 8-rib dedicated drive and the bigger intercooler was worth it. If I would have realized that the ProCharger canned stuff was going to be in the same neighborhood power wise I might have made a different decision, but I have to say I love the sound of the D1SC under the hood, even with the helical gears. Very smooth.

I just ran around doing some cruise datalogging with 100 octane, going to see how my knock sensors liked or disliked it.

Have you run your car at the strip yet with that HO system? Just curious how it ran.
Sponsored