Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
I owned an FR-S prior to owning my GT. I know most of you hate on the FR-S, but in my opinion, it is leaps and bounds more fun to drive than the Mustang. It isn't even close. It was like driving a go-kart everywhere. I've never seen a person not smiling while driving a go-kart and they only go like 15mph and have 5hp.

The reason I bought the Mustang is because the FRS was too low, had rough suspension and was not very comfortable on long trips (although the seats themselves were fantastic!).

I think a lot of people are missing the point in what the author was trying to say. The car is so much fun to drive. Nowhere does he say it is a better overall car or a better daily driver, he just says it is flat out fantastic to drive.
All the Toyobaru needs is a little refinement, a turbo and its set basically.

Wonder if you could swap the new WRX engine into it?
Sponsored

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
The FR-S and BRZ are sooo boring when doing anything other than hammering it around turns for me. No opinion on the BMW honestly and I feel like everyone just loves to hate the EB because it's not a V8.

At the end of the day I would rather have my car than either of the other two. :thumbsup:
I think the only reason people hammer on the EB is the sound. IMO other 4 cylinders sound stronger (even though they are not). My GTI sounded pretty damn good and have heard many other 4 bangers that sound better. Once Ford finds the right tune/sound I think all the haters will go away. :)

Northern Stallion

Pony car/stallion guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V6 Mustang Fastback
For the price the EB Mustang is so much better overall than those 2 other cars. And on top of that it's cool! :cool:

Last edited:

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
If the FRS/BRZ had a turbo it would probably have the starting price close to a base GT. Think about that for a second

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

LeonBorden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2JZ Formula D Pro AM Cressida, 2015 EB PP
I owned an FRS before moving to my EBM. Yes we all know it's slow, but it is riddled with problems. Fuel injector o rings leaking and washing bearings dry, crickets, crazy panel figment issues, and overall poor build quality. Overall it's a great race car platform, but it's only fun when you can find a backroad, and that's just because you feel like you're going faster than you are. At the end of the day, the EBM still pulls faster lap times on tracks and auto cross courses. It stops better and accelerates better.

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
Wait until they start comparing the 2 liter camaro boat with these as well, even worse seeing them on 24s with fart cans since they'll be cheaper than the v6s.

FR-S/BRZ are underpowered jokes that only appeal to people that think their b16 hondas are fast and then their ego shoots through the roof knowing it's rwd winding it up to whatever it redlines at to go mediocrity slow. They look like prissy teen cars anyways, can you tell I really dislike that overpriced POS?

The 2 series is nice but comes with the "timeless" aka bland boring bmw interior and are obviously overpriced for how they perform, but when hasn't BMW pulled that one before lol

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
I was all excited when the 2 series was going to offer the track pack with LSD. Promises and more promises from BMW, and nope! No LSD! Glad I didn't wait around and drop an extra 15K for another bimmer.

And also finding out that the toyoburu isn't as simple as upgrading power/tires. Then the brakes arent enough, then the chassis isnt stiff enough, then the drivetrain isn't enough. too long of a road for me.

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I wanted a FRS/BRZ until I drove one. Its just wayyyy to underpowered... MiniVan's, soccer mom Suv's, and base model econoboxes will walk you. The sales guy kept saying it pulls nice at high rpm and still plenty powerfull... lol. After I read up on forums that with bolt on's 14's are possible I laughed and was going to spend big cash on my 4th gen Z28 instead of buying some new POS until, the 6g mustang was announced.

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
also, lets keep in mind, all those magazines that trash talk the toyobaru for being underpowered, were just 3 or 4 years before that, bragging about high powered 200 hp 4 cylinders. Kinda makes you wonder.

also, depending on your driving, a stock v6 camry will walk an ecoboost.

Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
also, depending on your driving, a stock v6 camry will walk an ecoboost.

You sure about that? I'm sure we've all seen the YouTube video of the V6 Camry walking the FRS. Quite popular. Lol reminds me of when the RX-8s were brand new and Toyota Avalon's were pacing them from light to light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR
On the EB vs Camry front. Last year in November I rented a car, was trying to get a Fusion, ended up with a Camry and drove to Savannah Georgia to run a half marathon. Driving from Virginia to Savannah I averaged about 33 mpg. It was tediously slow and downshifts were required for any sort of acceleration at highway speeds.

Fast forward to last weekend. Driving the EB from Virginia to Atlanta. 33 mpg and no problem accelerating in top gear at highway speeds.

Sure they're different cars with different purposes but the fact that my 75% more powerful, 400lb heavier, 3 seconds faster to 60, Mustang can get equal MPG on a long extended highway drive is proof of how good this car is outside of it's performance aspect.

So relative to FRS/BRZ twins, which I do like BTW, it is just no comparison. The EB Mustang is the better car and on top of that is rated higher in highway mpg than the manual FRS/BRZ. Which, whether we like to admit it or not, is where most of us spend the majority of our time behind the wheel.

Anyway incoherent ramblings of a satisfied EB owner.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Wait until they start comparing the 2 liter camaro boat with these as well, even worse seeing them on 24s with fart cans since they'll be cheaper than the v6s.

FR-S/BRZ are underpowered jokes that only appeal to people that think their b16 hondas are fast and then their ego shoots through the roof knowing it's rwd winding it up to whatever it redlines at to go mediocrity slow. They look like prissy teen cars anyways, can you tell I really dislike that overpriced POS?

The 2 series is nice but comes with the "timeless" aka bland boring bmw interior and are obviously overpriced for how they perform, but when hasn't BMW pulled that one before lol
I dislike it too. I have friends that are obsessed with autox and they praise the toyobaru twins, think its the be all/end all car. I guess they don't care about interior quality, or power.
Sponsored