Sponsored

Blue smoke out of exhaust

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Well bad news. I put the stock cap back on and the car started to smoke right away driving to work. Swapped back to the breather at lunch and drove a short 1/2 mike or so and It Was still smoking. We will see on the way home but it seems it takes a bit of driving for it to really smoke and the breather won't help enough. I'll be doing the pcv mod as well this weekend and see what that does.
Sponsored

3AlarmStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford White EcoBoost Auto
I have been reading over this thread and would you say this is common in every catless down pipe or just a certain brand? I was looking at getting the MRT catless down pipe but, after reading this it has put me off. Thanks in advance everyone.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I have been reading over this thread and would you say this is common in every catless down pipe or just a certain brand? I was looking at getting the MRT catless down pipe but, after reading this it has put me off. Thanks in advance everyone.
Don't go with MRT. Quality and customer service isn't up to par. It also doesn't have a flex pipe. The WMS would be a much better option if you're on a budget.

3AlarmStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford White EcoBoost Auto
Don't go with MRT. Quality and customer service isn't up to par. It also doesn't have a flex pipe. The WMS would be a much better option if you're on a budget.
Would I most likely experience the same issues that other are experiencing in this thread?

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Seems like some do some don't.i plan on throwing one on and if it smokes I'll swap back to stock for awhile and see what comes of a fix.

Sponsored

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
PCV mod. Im curious to see if it cures these problems. The oil is def in the hotsid part of the turbine it sounds like.

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
Just an update, seems that the a/c affects the vacuum and I didn't use my a/c all day today and my car didn't smoke and it was at a steady -21.3 on the screen. I don't know if any of this correlates but I also filled up yesterday at a top tier gas station and it has also seemed to help the cause greatly.

boosted_orange

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I'm happy to report I've been smoke free for 24 hours!

I flashed a revised tune with the idle set at 1k yesterday, and it hasn't smoked since.
I thought the same I adjusted the idle from 900 to 1050 it helped but when I ran it on the highway & pushed it a bit when I idled it started smoking. I'd say push it a bit then come to an idle to really test it. I did it all idle ran 5w40 but till I modified the pcv the other stuff was just a masking it

LeonBorden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2JZ Formula D Pro AM Cressida, 2015 EB PP
Seriously? I have one and regret it. It's just too short to fit with a minor leak, due to the hash cuts for compressing the slip pipe when adapting to the stock catback, the bracket holes don't line up correctly on the transmission, and there's no lower O2 bung in case you wanted to run a non fouler or other wide band. Wish I would've went MAP.

Sponsored

dbmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I thought the same I adjusted the idle from 900 to 1050 it helped but when I ran it on the highway & pushed it a bit when I idled it started smoking. I'd say push it a bit then come to an idle to really test it. I did it all idle ran 5w40 but till I modified the pcv the other stuff was just a masking it
I ran it hard last night doing datalogs, didn't get any smoke after. I'll be watching for it to come back though. I'm happy with just masking it for the time being until my new turbo goes on.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Seriously? I have one and regret it. It's just too short to fit with a minor leak, due to the hash cuts for compressing the slip pipe when adapting to the stock catback, the bracket holes don't line up correctly on the transmission, and there's no lower O2 bung in case you wanted to run a non fouler or other wide band. Wish I would've went MAP.
Everyone else has always had positive things to say about the WMS, and until what you just said, that's the first I've read of misaligned components and fitment problems. Of those two, WMS or MRT, I'd always take my chances with WMS. I've seen and dealt with MRTs products and I wouldn't install them if they were free. Without regards to pricing, I think that CP-e and MAP offer the two best units on the market. If the budget allows, I'd look at one of those options. I love my CP-e downpipe and it checked all of the right boxes for me.

KazyMedic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RX-8 and Toyota 86
I think people are being whiney babies talking about a little smoke. Even the photos where people have said it is A LOT of smoke, is barely nothing. It isn't hurting functionallity of the car. I am not saying we shouldn't be solving the issue, but all this talk about selling the car. Are you kidding me? How do you make in it life if you give up so easily. I could see if there were major issues, but this is a new car model year.

transitmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 ingot premium eb pp manual
I think people are being whiney babies talking about a little smoke. Even the photos where people have said it is A LOT of smoke, is barely nothing. It isn't hurting functionallity of the car. I am not saying we shouldn't be solving the issue, but all this talk about selling the car. Are you kidding me? How do you make in it life if you give up so easily. I could see if there were major issues, but this is a new car model year.
I agree that talking about selling it is kind of dramatic, but some of the vids uploaded, I def wouldn't want that much smoke spewing out, especially from a new car. Could you imagine being in a drive thru? And then smoke screening tf out of the car behind you every time you pull forward. That would bug me.
Sponsored