Sponsored

2015 GT350 Mustang Options Pricing

obiwandado

15 Deep Impact EB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I will also be daily driving it. I drive my Mustang GT year round. 20 below zero, blizzards, etc.

If they predict hail I might drive my F250 snow plow to work, but otherwise it would be all GT350, all the time.

A lot of people around here drive "winter beaters", but to me a car is for driving. I refuse to store it half the year and drive something I hate. It's just not something I'm going to do.
Amen, it'll be the same for me. I have a winter wheel/tire set for my EB and the GT350 will be no different.
Sponsored

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Frankly I dont think everyone who wants one will get one, at least not the first model year. If Shelby history shows anything they build 5000-6000 per year.

As Five Oh Brain explained very well above, not every dealership will even get 1. Some will get 1 right away but must wait for all of them to sell in the area to get 1 more.

It seems a lot of people are giddy with deals with their dealerships not even knowing if their dealership has allocation or they will even see one in 2016.
The only dealers who wont get one are dealers who did not enter the program.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
The answer for me, as I am in California home of the ADM is Corvette C7. I hope to get a GT350 at a reasonable price but I don't think it will happen. For those of you in the free states where dealers will give you MSRP and their daughters phone number I am jealous.
Same situation here. Was planning on the C7 before hearing about the GT350, and now prefer the GT350. However, if Ford doesn't build enough and the prices go crazy, I may fall back to the C7. I got time though, so hopefully I'll have a chance to order to my specs eventually.

-T

on d bit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jk
That's not true.
How is it not true? By paying the fee each year and entering the program you will get at least 1 allocation. Are you saying some dealers will pay the $1000 and not get one allocation?

Sponsored

BlackDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
The owner is a really wonderful person; well respected and involved in the community, philanthropic, good to his employees & customers, etc. I mentioned how tenured our sales staff is, but our parts & service staff is just as tenured. Lots of people with 10, 20, 30+ years on the payroll. We rarely hire people as turnover is rare. I can't imagine ever working at another car dealership - ever.
I think with a lot of places its more of a function of environment than anything else. The area I'm in is so saturated with dealerships that people feel they can leave for any reason and get into another dealership the following day.

Burningcoals

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 401a
Dealers in my area estimating 25K ADM...

Long waiting lists too...

OP
OP
Five Oh Brian

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
Dealers in my area estimating 25K ADM...

Long waiting lists too...
I'm a dealer in your area and if you had contacted us you would not have been told that. You must have contacted every dealer around us and somehow missed us.

Burningcoals

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 401a
I'm a dealer in your area and if you had contacted us you would not have been told that. You must have contacted every dealer around us and somehow missed us.
I have not contacted every dealer, just a few.

I am now curious as to what you would tell me, I didn't realize you are near me.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Five Oh Brian

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
I have not contacted every dealer, just a few.

I am now curious as to what you would tell me, I didn't realize you are near me.
We have a short waiting list (roughly 5-6 customers, all locals). We're waiting for Ford to announce actual MSRP and full pricing details before quoting sale prices. I can assure you that we will be nowhere near the crazy $25K over MSRP quotes you've received.

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 Tech Package
25k over is not crazy it is criminal. That is a fully loaded Fiesta ST for Junior. If they want that much over I would just go buy a new corvette for me and a 25k car for junior. BS! In no way is the GT350 worth 25k over!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
25k over is not crazy it is criminal. That is a fully loaded Fiesta ST for Junior. If they want that much over I would just go buy a new corvette for me and a 25k car for junior. BS! In no way is the GT350 worth 25k over!
It's not criminal but I would never pay it either. I agree if the GT350 costs over $60k or so out the door the 'vette might look really good.

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
It's not criminal but I would never pay it either. I agree if the GT350 costs over $60k or so out the door the 'vette might look really good.

You're spot on. There are many cars at this price point that will offer the same or better bang for the buck in all or other key areas that will make the difference for many of us. What The dealers need to keep in mind and all the potential buyers need to remember ....is that as per Jamal Hameedi...this is supposed to be surprisingly affordable. It is a beefed up version of a working man's car as the mustang has always been.... an attainable purchase in any of its forms.

Although According to the FTC is really should be criminal

For a Dealership to push buyers away simply goes against what the car and the Mustang heritage stands for. The "R" variant should be the pedestal car which tops the list, but even that should still be within reach of the audience that Ford is targeting.

According to "Forbes" If a car purchase is hitting in the 50k range then you'd expect the average buyer on that car should be grossing well over 160k as their base salary, which would make the purchase/finance about less than a 3rd of that base. And you're looking at maybe 20% down on it to finance it within a manageable monthly out of pocket, if not just buying outright.

I'm guessing that many of the retired folks here will have some portion of a nest-egg to dump into this and it would be a well deserved purchase since they have the opportunity to buy something they can enjoy in their retirement years. The younger audience tend to fall inline with the stereotypes of an American to buy a home and accessories well beyond their means once they are gainfully employed. So for them... unless they are falling into a successful established family business, they are fantasizing or if they do take the plunge...unless the stars are in alignment and good fortune shines on them... will soon be in debt above their shoulders, but will have a nice ride, albeit one that they might not be able to maintain. They should consider a lesser model, but their minds are convinced otherwise.

Then there's the career and entrepreneurial minded folks. Who make their own money or have a long tenured career making well into the 6 figures who will see this as a disposable income purchase and not feel a hit from it. I know a few of us here fit that pocket just from the way they write and the logic they use in their presentation to the rest of us.

No matter how we manage to get a hand on this particular car.... there is definitely a demographic that it is supposed to be targeting.

What I still see is dealers who might have a waiting list and if all logic is presented here correctly...they really can't speak to fulfillment of any additional orders since.... they are already full according to the numbers and the waiting people already on board with them. Which, if they truly are already "SOLD OUT" then all that's left are the dealers that will rob you. If the examples seen here already lends evidence to one dealership that operates respectably in an area surrounded by a dozen other dealers that claim they will be charging over MSRP by as much as 25K. Then that ADM is all there is for the rest.

FoMoCo will have a LOT of potential buyers shifting to a Corvettes or something else other than a Ford at those ADM prices. And that's what's really going to happen along with dreamers buying into a car they probably can't afford, then pulling the eBay flip once they've put a few miles on it and trying to sell it for more than their purchase price. Again another American stereotype..for a reason. Because it happens enough for outsiders looking in at us to feel that way.

For the ones that do get the car and actually drive it because that's what it was meant for.... high fives to you.

For the ones who see it as a honey pot to sit on and flip later... you suck.

For the ones who really can't afford it but have convinced themselves otherwise.... good luck with that.

For the retired crowd that earned their unicorn...You deserve a pat on the back.

Cheers

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
Dealer near me had a 47k ADM on a Shelby GT500 KR. When they get a GT350 I will post pics of the sticker. It should be great.
Sponsored