Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
There's already Konis that can work with our platform with VERY slight modification. Z06 units I believe...
Rear shocks, I assume?

And yes, as long as you have the correct length travel, you can make just about any studded strut work with a little modding. I have run two different shocks on the rear of mine, with a little creativity.
Sponsored

ecolulz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecostang, magnetic, base, PP, Recaros
Yup, rears. And there's inserts that work very well in the front as well, with a little bit of work.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
^ BMR Everywhere! ;)

Yeah, I agree with ya.

But I can definitely see other's views on the topic.

I will be using the Double Adjustable Viking Kit on my 2015, F and R....and we will likely use either the Koni Yellow, or Bilstein Dampers on our handling PP car.

Our Koni rep was just here last week, and we discussed the 2015 stuff. He said they were making head way, but its a rigorous process and that it would be atleast 6 more months before anything pops up.

I am sure you will see posts by myself on here as soon as we get our hands on some Koni's or Bilsteins for our PP car.
Yep full BMR rear setup.

Did you talk to Lee at Koni? Last I talked to him it felt like they would have something ready a bit sooner than that.

Oh and I need that Viking DA front and rear info ASAP!

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
Im still in awe how the aftermarket is taking so long with the new S550 platform its actually ridiculous because some owners may be so unhappy not having options they may sell the car and move onto something else.

no coilovers, no sport shocks its a joke and even parts by other vendors are always out of stock.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Koncealed

Koncealed

Koncealed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Im still in awe how the aftermarket is taking so long with the new S550 platform its actually ridiculous because some owners may be so unhappy not having options they may sell the car and move onto something else.

no coilovers, no sport shocks its a joke and even parts by other vendors are always out of stock.
this ^ Koni's are good but for 6 months wait they are definitely not getting my money.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
FYI Cortex is still working on their kit. Even as it stands they have said as it sits now the S197 with their full kit, the ExtremeGrip series with Torque Arm is the superior track car.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
FYI Cortex is still working on their kit. Even as it stands they have said as it sits now the S197 with their full kit, the ExtremeGrip series with Torque Arm is the superior track car.

The S197 right now is easier to make lighter, plus has so many suspension options. The S550 right now has the ride quality advantage.

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I will be offering Aluminum Bodied Double Adjustable Rear Shocks from Viking Performance this week.

They are not a BMR part, but I did assist Viking with the development of these particular 2015 S550 specific shocks.

http://vi-king.com/

There will be the "Warrior" option, that is for most....and will retail at $199.95/each.

For 700+HP cars, there will be the "Crusader" option, which will retail for $274.95 each. (these are the shocks I have on my 2015 GT)

These shocks are not overwhelmingly popular in the handling scene. They are more popular in the street/strip/daily driver world....BUT, they are definitely a good option for those who install lowering springs, and need that extra valving. They will outperform a stock shock on a road/autoX course any day of the week. Even on stock spring car, they make a world of difference.

I have also assisted them with the development of their rear coilover kit, and that should be available in a month or two.

What is the difference between the Warrior and Crusader?

I've never seen a shock classified by the power a car makes. Maybe a drag racing thing?

What is the availability on the front shocks?

murphyslaww

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Cayman, 2023 Lighning
I've been a.little surprised at.the time Koni and Bilstein are taking to release product for such a popular platform. It took close to two years for konis to hit for the 08' WRX, but, obciously, thats not as popular of a platform.

Sponsored

murphyslaww

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will have Viking Double Adjustable Rear Shocks available this week. ;)
Nice. I may have to pop for a pair Since everything else that could be custom valved are taking so long. Pro-Solo's are rapidly approaching, hate to write off this entire year of Solo. The back end is a real handful on the sportlines with stock dampening.

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Ecoboost Premium
Bump
Really want some coils or struts/dampers available.... kind of bummed it's taking this long.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I've been exchanging emails with Todd from Flatout Suspension. They offer a good variety of coilovers for the usual suspects of performance cars typically seen in an autocross/HPDE, but not the Mustang. He's very interested in starting work for the S550, but needs parts to measure and develop off of (needs stock front and rear struts and dampers). I really can't do it, as mine is my daily driver. Anyone else? I'm sure you'd get either massive discount or free coilovers for doing it.

murphyslaww

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup, rears. And there's inserts that work very well in the front as well, with a little bit of work.
This is what was done for the 08' WRX with Legacy GT konis.

A bit of a PITA, but you do what you have to do...

I may look into the rears. Any specifics on Part number on the Zo6 rears ?

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
This is what was done for the 08' WRX with Legacy GT konis.

A bit of a PITA, but you do what you have to do...

I may look into the rears. Any specifics on Part number on the Zo6 rears ?
contact strano, he has all the deets from the chris cox build.
Sponsored