Sponsored

2015 GT350 Mustang Options Pricing

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
I'm thinking the prices just aren't correct. No way a GT350 with the Track Pack is more than a GT350R. This would make my year, but it cannot be correct...if only for exclusivity and marketing reasons. I get the content argument, kinda, with the deleted stuff on the R, but CCBs aren't cheap either...even if they are only the fronts.
We don't know the base prices yet. CCBs might be an option but not standard on either model.
Sponsored

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
I think that's how it will be, which sucks because it means the base GT350 is going to be much closer to $50k than $45k.
I was told by a reliable source the base GT350 would be priced about the same as a base 14' Gt500. they hinted at less but.....

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
You got to remember that the GT500's had superchargers which aren't cheap. Aftermarket cost $7K, so figure OEM cost of $3,500, so my thoughts are a GT350 should come in less than a supercharged GT500.
Yes but the R&D cost of a flatplane crank engine is wayyyy higher than just slapping on a supercharger and optimizing the bore size. Keep in mind it's not just about the engine, but also building a chassis that can withstand the vibrations.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
We don't know the base prices yet. CCBs might be an option but not standard on either model.
Most of the show cars don't have CCBs, which indicates to me they probably are optional equipment. CCBs and magneride are in the option packages - both very expensive performance bits.

Cool idea - keep the base price (I hope!!) low and make the expensive add-ons optional. So you can buy into the FPC Voodoo engine for a bargain price, or you can have whatever you want if you're willing to pay.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Looks like a stand alone option to me
Right just like on a normal mustang. You have to look at the tech pack being equal to the Premium which adds MFT and yadda yadda then you have to add the Nav option to have a MFT system that comes with nav

Big reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti FX50S
Where the hell are people seeing CCB's in any order guides? Wishful thinking at this point it seems to me.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Where the hell are people seeing CCB's in any order guides? Wishful thinking at this point it seems to me.
They were on the preliminary order guide that was leaked in the beginning of the year. It was a rough draft. They may have eliminated it from the package making it a stand alone option, or they feel the steel 2 piece brakes are stout enough as it is

Sponsored

Big reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti FX50S
They were on the preliminary order guide that was leaked in the beginning of the year. It was a rough draft. They may have eliminated it from the package making it a stand alone option, or they feel the steel 2 piece brakes are stout enough as it is
Preliminary guide does not mention them either. It is a sticky at the top of this sub-forum. Early test mules covered in camo had them and were subsequently covered with the makeshift wheel covers. The Nurburgring car had them too but no mention in any order guide preliminary or otherwise.

That alone would add 7-10k to the price for minimal performance gain in regards to fade and none in actual stopping power. Replacement costs are astronomical too.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Preliminary guide does not mention them either. It is a sticky at the top of this sub-forum. Early test mules covered in camo had them and were subsequently covered with the makeshift wheel covers. The Nurburgring car had them too but no mention in any order guide preliminary or otherwise.

That alone would add 7-10k to the price for minimal performance gain in regards to fade and none in actual stopping power. Replacement costs are astronomical too.
Better look again.

Essex Wire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350 Tech Pkg
UPDATE: Ford wasn't willing to elaborate on Mustang6G's pricing report, with spokesperson Said Deep simply saying, "We haven't announced pricing at this time."

From autoblog.com

Big reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti FX50S
Better look again.
I stand corrected. I actually glanced right over the R Package as it doesn't interest me. It would cost too much to make it street friendly for me.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster