Sponsored

Mishimoto Catch Can Installed - Review and installed pictures

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Seems to be a bit less than what we saw with around 1/4 of the mileage. Let us know what you end up with at the next interval.
That's just a guesstimate, and that's what I got thru my ghetto drain valve, FWIW.

edit: Removed drain valve, checked can, found about 10 ml. of hooge.
Sponsored

Last edited:

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
small problem

Mishimoto, I uninstalled my urban drain valve and unscrewed can for the first time. It seems the rubber O ring has stretched a bit. I was unable to put the can back on so I retro-fitted the O ring. Seems to be OK now, but wanted to give you a heads up.
WP_20150407_18_14_33_Pro.jpg
WP_20150407_18_24_58_Pro.jpg

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Mishimoto, I uninstalled my urban drain valve and unscrewed can for the first time. It seems the rubber O ring has stretched a bit. I was unable to put the can back on so I retro-fitted the O ring. Seems to be OK now, but wanted to give you a heads up.
^ :lol:
I have O ring issues, see: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19203

Seriously, I'm surprised Mishimoto hasn't commented yet. This seems to be a major design flaw. There was no way I was getting the can back on without doing something.
Thanks for the heads-up guys! It seems as the EB produces a higher amount of fuel : oil in its CCV system compared to other vehicles we have developed kits for. The additional fuel is likely causing the swelling that you are experiencing. Our engineering team is working to procure and test an O-ring of a different material to replace our existing piece. We should have an update on this very soon.

For those experiencing issues, we will certainly send you a replacement O-ring for use until we are able to allocate a more robust replacement component. If you need an O-ring, please contact our customer service team or shoot us a PM and we will send one out!

[email protected]

Sorry for the inconvenience guys! We are on it. :thumbsup:

-John

Sponsored

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
Anyone else concerned with the hose which leads to the block laying against intake manifold? Any concerns about premature hose wear? Just installed mine tonight and thought this may be something to discuss

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
Also...just some feedback. The 90 degree connectors that screw into the can on this one were VERY tight. Even using the correct wrench the plastic was rounding off, highly suggest you raise the price $10 and use metal 90 degree fittings in your 2nd production run of this

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Ecoboost Premium
Also...just some feedback. The 90 degree connectors that screw into the can on this one were VERY tight. Even using the correct wrench the plastic was rounding off, highly suggest you raise the price $10 and use metal 90 degree fittings in your 2nd production run of this
I had the same issue, with them rounding off. I was also not able to tighten them down all the way. After the first check I had no issues...

Great price (I pre-ordered) and a few nit-picky things... still happy, but I would've changed a few things.

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Anyone else concerned with the hose which leads to the block laying against intake manifold? Any concerns about premature hose wear? Just installed mine tonight and thought this may be something to discuss
I had the same issue, with them rounding off. I was also not able to tighten them down all the way. After the first check I had no issues...

Great price (I pre-ordered) and a few nit-picky things... still happy, but I would've changed a few things.
Thanks for the feedback guys! I would highly doubt you will see any issues with rubbing through the lines. The engine does move during acceleration, however we do not anticipate this force being excessive enough to cause concerns.

In reference to the fitting concerns, keep in mind these plastic fittings feature an NPT thread. They are not designed to thread entirely into the can and will be tight far sooner than this point. Simply thread these into the catch can until tight and you should be good to go. Torquing them all the way in is not necessary for an appropriate seal. Your fittings are likely sealing fine, but will probably need to be replaced if you ever remove them from the can. If you need to remove them for any reason, shoot us a PM and we will send you out a new pair of fittings. I apologize that this was not properly communicated with our install guide!

Let me know if that makes sense guys!

-John
Sponsored