humster21

Black Mustang Lover
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
15 Black EB Premium w/PP
It's really been out that long huh? My 08 doesn't have it, that's for sure. I'd only use it like in my driveway not have the car somewhere I couldn't see it and leave the windows down, ya know?
It has, but you only seem to find it in early 05's. My late 05 didn't have it. I have friends that have it.
Sponsored

Qwkynuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
It has, but you only seem to find it in early 05's. My late 05 didn't have it. I have friends that have it.
I think I remember reading that it was in the early cars, but then disabled with a firmware update - though I never heard why.

My 06 was a late 2005 build, and it didn't have it either.

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
Does the car have frameless windows? If yes, do you have to open the window a bit to protect the rubber?

humster21

Black Mustang Lover
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
15 Black EB Premium w/PP
Does the car have frameless windows? If yes, do you have to open the window a bit to protect the rubber?
It is frameless. Windows go down by themselves.

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
This has been a stupid feature out there for ten years now. Never seen anyone use it.

OK so you remotely open your windows to cool your car down, then find out someone stole something out of your car.

you accidently trigger this feature while it's pouring rain.

Ford instead of stupid crap like this, how about remote start standard for manual transmission also.

It is pretty difficult to do this by accident...I used it daily on my GTI in the summer when parked outside. And this feature is a hell of a lot easier to add than a MT remote start for a company

Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
I thought I had been through all the settings, and I cannot find that one. Can someone point me to which menu it's under?

Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
I thought I had been through all the settings, and I cannot find that one. Can someone point me to which menu it's under?
Sure:

Settings > Vehicle > Windows > Remote Open

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR
In 97' my friends GTI had this feature but you could roll the windows up. She lived in Seattle and it proved quite useful due to the rain. I personally would prefer the ability to roll them up as sometimes my son leaves the window open and I don't notice till we're walking away from the car.
And on the remote start, totally doable with a manual. As mentioned neutral safety switch. Automatics have had these for years. Just need to put one on the manual. Combine it with parking brake switch.
And with todays electronics you could monitor ABS sensors for a short time upon remote start and shut it off if movement is detected. I work in automation controls. These are all simple fundamental programming solutions.
Perhaps as things progress we'll see some people modify the programming to allow some of these things to work. Wish I were that knowledgeable in vehicle electronics programming. Maybe one day.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Sure:

Settings > Vehicle > Windows > Remote Open
Thanks. I honestly don't remember seeing that but it's got to be there.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
In 97' my friends GTI had this feature but you could roll the windows up. She lived in Seattle and it proved quite useful due to the rain. I personally would prefer the ability to roll them up as sometimes my son leaves the window open and I don't notice till we're walking away from the car.
And on the remote start, totally doable with a manual. As mentioned neutral safety switch. Automatics have had these for years. Just need to put one on the manual. Combine it with parking brake switch.
And with todays electronics you could monitor ABS sensors for a short time upon remote start and shut it off if movement is detected. I work in automation controls. These are all simple fundamental programming solutions.
Perhaps as things progress we'll see some people modify the programming to allow some of these things to work. Wish I were that knowledgeable in vehicle electronics programming. Maybe one day.
For remote start there are lots of safety implications that an OEM is probably not willing to take on. First, you need a neutral position sensor. Second, you need to accept that you will not longer be recommending that you leave the car in gear when parked (this is probably the biggest concern, as that recommendation has been standard practice in order to provide a secondary means of restraint if the parking brake cable were to fail). You could have additional failsafes like using ABS to stop the car if it moved, but imagine the repercussions if someone were to get hit before the car stopped. Because the auto has the Park selection, it can bypass all those concerns.

I also have the auto down feature on my 350z, and appreciate having it occasionally. I do wish they allowed the auto-up to be used as well, but the Nissan doesn't allow that on my car either.

-T

Sponsored

B-Fox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
F-350 Scorpion
You should be able to find it in your owners manual listed as "Global Open"

You also should be able to close them by using the same method but with the LOCK button.

My Wifes '13 Fusion will open and close all the windows and moonroof remotely.

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
You should be able to find it in your owners manual listed as "Global Open"

You also should be able to close them by using the same method but with the LOCK button.

My Wifes '13 Fusion will open and close all the windows and moonroof remotely.

My 2011 Fusion has remote window roll-down. On the Ford tutorial video (model generic) I thought I remember seeing that it had a roll-up feature too? Maybe only on some models but not the Mustang? EDIT: Looks like 2013 Fusion is one of the models

Now if they came up with one that could roll down windows AND unlatch and put down the top...that'd be gold! :cheers: (and put it all back up too!!)

For remote start there are lots of safety implications that an OEM is probably not willing to take on. First, you need a neutral position sensor. Second, you need to accept that you will not longer be recommending that you leave the car in gear when parked (this is probably the biggest concern, as that recommendation has been standard practice in order to provide a secondary means of restraint if the parking brake cable were to fail). You could have additional failsafes like using ABS to stop the car if it moved, but imagine the repercussions if someone were to get hit before the car stopped. Because the auto has the Park selection, it can bypass all those concerns.

I also have the auto down feature on my 350z, and appreciate having it occasionally. I do wish they allowed the auto-up to be used as well, but the Nissan doesn't allow that on my car either.

-T
Easily overcome, though. Even the whole park in gear issue (they can still recommend it, but note the remote start will not activate).

I remember parking my 94 Mustang on a slanted parking lot at a store once and going out to find her in the middle of the lane! I don't remember if I had t in neutral or not, but I was in that habit since the car I had before it had a remote start manual so I was in the habit of parking in neutral! I had parking brake on but as some of you may know, disc brakes make terrible static brakes (I used to be a brake engineer :D)

With everything computer monitored on vehicles these days, this should be easy and low-risk (to appease the company lawyers!)

Solution: Monitor ABS wheel and/or vehicle speed sensors to detect movement. If movement is detected, immediately shut down remote start sequence and apply front brakes as a precaution (eg. activate Line Lock!). Or optionally activate Line Lock for every remote start sequence anyway....why not? May not work though without user input of the brake pedal...which I assume is required to activate Line Lock.....even still, monitoring a neutral safety switch & shutting down remote start if movement is detected should be good enough....I mean, what if an Auto car is left in drive and someone tries a remote start??

Second thought....how does hill assist work? Doesn't it apply brakes for you to keep the car from rolling back? If that's the case, applying brakes should be achievable without user input or any additional hardware. :thumbsup: If this is the case, another bonus feature could be applying front brake if motion is detected while parked....could avoid what happened to me above! LOL

Side note...does th MT-82 have a factory neutral safety switch? Always thought it was weird the Fox T-5s had one...not sure what they used it for. My T-5z has one in my 94 but that's because it is a Fox-based aftermarket tranny. If I had a reason to put a remote start on my 94 that would be convenient :D Also, does the 2015 have disc parking brake or drum in hat? Drum in hat is far more effective, which is why most larger trucks and SUVs use them (F-150, Expedition, etc)

Hotchilioil

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium Fastback
My passenger side window opens but my driver's side doesn't when I use the remote. Any insight?

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
My passenger side window opens but my driver's side doesn't when I use the remote. Any insight?

reset the window stops.

get in car, ignition on. make sure the auto up and auto down is working.

sometimes the auto stop loses its safety setting, and you have to manually hold it up and down through entire range, to get the auto up and down to work again.

i dont have the manual on me, but it does talk about it.

This was from google on a ford escape

. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed, then release
the switch.
2. Lift the switch again for one more second.
3. Press and hold the switch until the window is fully open, then release
the switch.
4. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed.
5. Open the window and try to close it automatically.
6. Reset and repeat procedure if the window does not close
automatically.
Sponsored