Sponsored

Removing Turbo

Frogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FR IC JLT CAI ATP DP Meth INJ Cobb Tune FR ABs
A bolt from my intake got sucked into my turbo and I think jacked up the blades pretty bad. It is putting out 9 psi vs 23 (Cobb tune). Before I take it to the dealer I'd like to assess the damage myself so I can have a believable explanation.

How hard is it to remove the turbo?
Sponsored

Last edited:

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
the bolt came loose.... sorry couldn't resist...

OP
OP

Frogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FR IC JLT CAI ATP DP Meth INJ Cobb Tune FR ABs
You would make a bad attorney.

Last edited:

ahduckit

Big timin in a small town
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB mustang
The turbo inlet piping came off a you sucks something up. Be prepared to get your flame resistance suit and fire extinguisher ready.

Sponsored

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Ecoboost Premium
I'm sorry, but I have to ask, how does this happen lol

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR
Bummer. Let us know how this plays out. Curious.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Dang, that sucks! Honestly, I think you'll have a hard time explaining this one to them. If a bolt got down in there and it's only boosting to 9 psi, then I'd dare say you're in trouble.

I'm not trying to be a dick in saying this, but you should consider replacing it yourself. First, because this isn't a fault of Ford's. This was a direct result of something you did, so it isn't really fair to Ford for them to replace it. Second, they'll probably figure out that you've been tinkering with it and may try to void your warranty. If you replaced it yourself, then you might be able to save the warranty for something that failed due to Ford.

Adam from MAP is running a big turbo, so maybe he could float you the one he's not using for a good price.

Sponsored

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
Dang, that sucks! Honestly, I think you'll have a hard time explaining this one to them. If a bolt got down in there and it's only boosting to 9 psi, then I'd dare say you're in trouble.

I'm not trying to be a dick in saying this, but you should consider replacing it yourself. First, because this isn't a fault of Ford's. This was a direct result of something you did, so it isn't really fair to Ford for them to replace it. Second, they'll probably figure out that you've been tinkering with it and may try to void your warranty. If you replaced it yourself, then you might be able to save the warranty for something that failed due to Ford.

Adam from MAP is running a big turbo, so maybe he could float you the one he's not using for a good price.

with that being said
I'd buy the "bad" turbo from you if you can't get the dealer to replace under warranty
PM me if it goes that way

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford FiST
Just wondering did any of the compressor shrapnel enter the engine? I dont want to throw fuel on the fire but there is potentially worst issues than a ruined turbo.

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR
Just wondering did any of the compressor shrapnel enter the engine? I dont want to throw fuel on the fire but there is potentially worst issues than a ruined turbo.
Most likely didn't get past the intercooler. The blades of the compressor are probably just dinged, bent, and out of balance mostly. Not seeing in person I can't confirm that but having had an event similar in the past those were my results.
Sponsored